Class action suit against Monsanto over crop damage

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
The form of dicamba Monsanto developed for use with the crops — which is supposedly less prone to vaporizing and drifting off target — was not approved by the EPA until November. Without it available for two growing seasons, the lawsuit argues it was inevitable that some farmers would turn to unauthorized forms of dicamba when faced with the “unenviable choice” of allowing their fields of dicamba-tolerant crops to be overrun by weeds, or to illegally spray older varieties that would not harm their own fields but jeopardize nearby growers who planted nonresistant seed.

Monsanto maintains that the company is not liable for the wrongdoing of others.

Missouri farm couple spearheading class action suit against Monsanto over dicamba damage
I'm no fan of Monsanto, but they didn't spray any illegal herbicide, other farmers did. Go after them for their misdeeds.

Agree or disagree?

Last edited:
The farmers bought it so someone sold it. Go after them all.

Except that we never really go after corporate power; an insignificant fine and an assertment that "Monsanto admits no wrong doing" is considered "going after" them.

Monsanto was sued by whom?

So sorry, forgot the link...it's up there now.

This came to me in my Missouri feed, soybean farmers in the Southeastern part Missouri are leading a class action suit.

The link is all redacted unless I answer eight questions.

Unless the chemical was illegal at the time of application and was sold prior to cutoff date, I don't see how the farmers win.

Except that we never really go after corporate power; an insignificant fine and an assertment that "Monsanto admits no wrong doing" is considered "going after" them.
That is a real problem. The people need to take it up with their legislators.

The left have a wild hair up their arsis for Monsanto.
I say God Bless them for Roundup.

Now that concentrated corporate wealth and power have taken over the media machinery, the political system, the economic system, the legal system, the healthcare system; why not have them take over and control food production as well. Perhaps then the people will rise up.

This came to me in my Missouri feed, soybean farmers in the Southeastern part Missouri are leading a class action suit.

Unless the chemical was illegal at the time of application and was sold prior to cutoff date, I don't see how the farmers win.

This is my understanding. The herbicide dicamba is legal to use before planting season as a "burndown" field treatment...but it is illegal to spray on crops during the growing season in it's current formulation. Mansanto's legal no-drift formulation was not approved for sale and use by the EPA until just a few months ago. Farmers were illegally spraying the drift prone dicamba on their dicamba-resistant Monsanto soybean crop.

10 States Report Crop Damage From Illegal Spraying of Monsanto's Drift-Prone Dicamba

This is my understanding. The herbicide dicamba is legal to use before planting season as a "burndown" field treatment...but it is illegal to spray on crops during the growing season in it's current formulation. Mansanto's legal no-drift formulation was not approved for sale and use by the EPA until just a few months ago. Farmers were illegally spraying the drift prone dicamba on their dicamba-resistant Monsanto soybean crop.

10 States Report Crop Damage From Illegal Spraying of Monsanto's Drift-Prone Dicamba

Good luck proving which farmer's sprayed the chemicals then. Not Monsanto's problem.

The left have a wild hair up their arsis for Monsanto.
I say God Bless them for Roundup.

Now that concentrated corporate wealth and power have taken over the media machinery, the political system, the economic system, the legal system, the healthcare system; why not have them take over and control food production as well. Perhaps then the people will rise up.
Dufus thinks he forced to buy products from Monsanto.

at

Good luck proving which farmer's sprayed the chemicals then. Not Monsanto's problem.
Whose "problem" it is is a function of how much money can be thrown into a "defense" and at the players who will write the decision.

Forum List

Back