Civilization: An Atheist Blindness?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does our consumerism-drenched modern civilization (Wall Street, Burger King, WikiLeaks) make us numb to the metaphysics of supernatural spirits (e.g., haunted computers)?

When you say, "haunted computer," it usually provokes sarcastic laughter...

====

As Americans blindly purchased lottery-tickets and surfed Facebook, the conveniences of consumerism had made them numb to the mystical realities of pervasive spirits 'counting' these new age tediums and ant-like niches.

2face3.jpg

A demonic alien-entity known as the Symbiote arrived on Earth, in a small meteor which crashed in Arizona in the summer of 2018. The Symbiote had the ability to merge with the DNA of a human, transforming him into a pseudo-zombie, serving the will of the 'parent-Symbiote.' The Symbiote took possession of a beautiful young American woman named Daisy.

symbiote8.jpg

As Daisy saw her hair turn white and her skin and figure gain a new eerie vitality, she donned a Red Riding Hood costume and fled into the forest where a large wolf was awaiting her arrival. The wolf took Daisy under its care, as the Symbiote commanded her mind to remain in the forest as an 'anti-modernism siren' (or witch).

symbiote9.jpg

A patriotic American magician/entertainer named Mandrake was performing a dove-flying trick at the White House for the President and the First Lady when Trump received the call that two policemen were found murdered in a forest, their necks apparently having been gnashed by teeth. Trump hung up in shock and told the news to Melania and Mandrake overheard. Mandrake decided to become an 'amateur detective' and investigate this bizarre story.

symbiote10.jpg

As Mandrake wandered the forest where the two cops were found murdered, he came upon an area in the woods covered in thick fog, and he swore he heard singing. As he approached the sound of the music, he noticed a nearly-naked woman with a bat-like head-gear adorned on her head. He was laying on a gargoyle-statue at the front of a cemetery located in that forest. It was the cemetery that was the source of all the thick fog Mandrake encountered. Mandrake approached the laying woman and asked her who she was, and she replied, "My name is Diana, and I'm a siren and servant of the alien-Symbiote which has taken possession of the young American woman Daisy."

symbiote11.jpg

DIANA: Do you know why you found me, Mandrake?
MANDRAKE: I suppose you're to inform me that it was Daisy who killed those two cops!
DIANA: Indeed, she has; she's a servant of Hell and our plan to takeover the Earth...
MANDRAKE: So when will this mission be accomplished?
DIANA: In time...
MANDRAKE: So are you some kind of a witch?
DIANA: Perhaps!
MANDRAKA: Why did Daisy kill the cops?
DIANA: The alien-Symbiote in possession of Daisy's soul is here to confound civilization.
MANDRAKE: How? By killing cops and generating garish news for the media to devour?
DIANA: Isn't that the malady of modern civilization --- childish gossip?
MANDRAKE: So this 'alien-Symbiote' means to 'punish' us for our childish behaviors...
DIANA: Are you trying to save humanity, Mandrake?
MANDRAKE: Yes; I'm an optimistic magician, and I want magic to delight, not frighten!
DIANA: There are two kinds of magic --- one that delights, and one that disturbs.
MANDRAKE: Well, I mean to banish the latter kind.
DIANA: Nothing is that easy.
MANDRAKE: So what do you mean to tell me or how do you mean to challenge me?
DIANA: Your 'magician-idealism' is meaningless to me; I want you to collect books.
MANDRAKE: Books? Books about what? What do you want me to do with these books?
DIANA: Build a library of books about superstition, and the alien-Symbiote will spare Earth!
MANDRAKE: I see; so I make this 'humanistic-symbolic collection' to redeem man; alright.

symbiote12.jpg

After Mandrake the magician assembled the 'symbolic library' that Diana ordered him to do, he perused it and marvelled at its splendour. The collection included works such as the Necronomicon, Treasure Island, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Vampire Chronicles, Halloween Folk-Tales, and Moby Dick. Mandrake realized that this collection of superstition-symbolic literary works illuminated the fact that the labyrinth of modern ant-like bureaucratic/commercial activities in civilization had blinded man from the 'magic' of divination. Mandrake was at least confident that the alien-Symbiote would now 'pardon' humanity and depart from the Earth...forever.

THE END

====

:1peleas:

The Upward Dream

Americans are in love with passion-ideology, but does it last?

====

American consumers idolized relics of commerce such as 1980s compact audio-cassettes (or 'tapes') which featured pre-recorded material or came in packs of blanks ideal for personalized chronological home or office recordings. These 'trophies' were considered to be the Pentagram of Ornamental Consumerism, since they nearly created a subconscious fascination with toy-themed tech-artefact design. The aesthetics favoured a 'candy consumer.'

tapestry2.jpg

An unsightly Marvel Comics super-villain named Red Goblin rose to challenge the nationalism-patriotism of the heroic Spider-Man who was actually Hollywood (USA) movie-star Tom Cruise. Tom Hanks, another celebrity, was secretly the Flash. However, Hanks was getting older/slower/faster, so he considered a Literature Course teaching-position at Yale for a retirement-arrow package. Regardless, Red Goblin was a force of anarchy and detested anything pedestrian Americans idolized in Hollywood and magazines and toy stores too.

tapestry3.jpg

American celebrity Tom Cruise, an Ivy League researcher named Ajay Satan, and American celebrity Tom Hanks, joined 'forces' to make a jointed media campaign regarding the proliferation of free-speech values in TV/Internet to challenge the evil brutish force of the maniacal Red Goblin with simple wits. After all, if Red Goblin failed to debate them on simple sociological 'issues' then he was simply an 'arsonist.' Red Goblin agreed to debate the Trio. Ajay (Dr. Satan) took on the Internet alias-avatar of Iceman (Marvel Comics).

tapestry4.jpg

RED GOBLIN: Censorship is both tricky and banal...
CRUISE: It seems media rights are on the minds of all consumers, no?
AJAY: I believe WikiLeaks reveals a modernism hypnosis with 'labyrinth-gossip.'
HANKS: What's wrong with chatter?

RED GOBLIN: Are you fans of Bradbury?
CRUISE: I'm a huge Bradbury fan. Didn't he teach at Yale?
AJAY: I'm a huge fan of Yale. American intellectualism can be...marketable.
HANKS: Americans make the best toys --- Fisher-Price, Tonka, Hasbro, Mattel, Toys "R" Us.

RED GOBLIN: Perhaps consumerism is a form of 'craftsmanship.'
CRUISE: We like the idea of streamlined socialized origami behaviors (e.g., Wall Street).
AJAY: Anyone a fan of Ragtime music?
HANKS: Ragtime is arguably one of those rare authentically-American art forms!

RED GOBLIN: Sometimes consumerism (Apple, Microsoft, Energizer) bores me...
CRUISE: Yes, conveniences can numb the moral senses...
AJAY: I used to play Scott Joplin piano in junior-high and enjoyed culture-exposure.
HANKS: America is a land of great traffic arrows.

RED GOBLIN: Does commerce promote peace?
CRUISE: Yes, it does; just look at the European Union and Amazon.com!

AJAY: Traffic-oriented activity (e.g., WikiLeaks) represents socialized sanity.
HANKS: Anyone a fan of Magneto (Marvel Comics)?

RED GOBLIN: Magneto is a terrific villain...
CRUISE: He controls magnetic fields and can hurl/contort heavy metal objects, right?
AJAY: Magneto is the ultimate 'physics-genius.' Anyone a fan of Doctor Who?
HANKS: There are many offerings in media/consumerism/entertainment that deliver!

RED GOBLIN: Let's watch Alien: Covenant on Netflix!
CRUISE: I love modern sci-fi horror (e.g., Leviathan, Predators, The Fly, The Terminator).
AJAY: Alien: Covenant is a terrific representative portrait of modern dystopian anguish.
HANKS: Fear and anguish are synonyms in the age of colloquial religion.

aa1.jpg

ABCD

====

Forum List

Back