Civil war from a left and right perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no civil war. There are some wingnuts who want one and probably represent about 10% of the country and then there is everyone else. Basically the cops will sweep it up.

Oh yeah..ToT...but Vietnam was different..the sheer number of the Vietnamese...acted as a force multiplier-!

Fact of the matter is there weren't nearly enough communist cadre in the south to take on the government...that's why Hanoi sent forces south. The VC were a far cry from popular...they terrorized the villages, conscripted their young men at bayonet-point, stole their rice, executed the tribal elders and were racist towards the montagnard hill peoples. After the second part of Tet in '68 there was nothing between us and Hanoi but LBJ chickened out.

Oh yeah..ToT...but Vietnam was different..the sheer number of the Vietnamese...acted as a force multiplier-!

Fact of the matter is there weren't nearly enough communist cadre in the south to take on the government...that's why Hanoi sent forces south. The VC were a far cry from popular...they terrorized the villages, conscripted their young men at bayonet-point, stole their rice, executed the tribal elders and were racist towards the montagnard hill peoples. After the second part of Tet in '68 there was nothing between us and Hanoi but LBJ chickened out.

An unpopular war is a liability...Johnson knew that ..and Nixon won on it.

I do wonder though..what the heck would we have done with Hanoi..if we took it--wait for the Chinese to smash us out?

R

High desertion rates..our military?

He's drunk. The US military takes their oaths far more seriously than he believes.

LOL! You are confused. The oath is to the Constitution, not Communist Party members.

Most members of the armed forces are conservatives. If it became a knock down drag out fight between Left and Right there would be tremendous shifting of sides within the US military.

It is even conceivable that the only people to stay in the US military would be the Black Navy cooks and the homosexuals.

There is no civil war. There are some wingnuts who want one and probably represent about 10% of the country and then there is everyone else. Basically the cops will sweep it up.
10% = 32,800,000

Cops = less than 1,000,000

Total Military (active and reserve) = 2,500,000

If 10% want it, cops won't be sweeping up anything but their own asses.

ROTFLMAO!
Science fiction..and not even good sci-fi! High desertion rates..our military? He's drunk. The US military takes their oaths far more seriously than he believes.

The military by and large take an oath to defend our constitution and people, NOT the government. Not to fight AGAINST her own people. In a Civil War. many military would NOT shoot at her own people, and most would side with the side defending the constitution and rule of law, the Right.

R

High desertion rates..our military?

He's drunk. The US military takes their oaths far more seriously than he believes.

LOL! You are confused. The oath is to the Constitution, not Communist Party members.

Most members of the armed forces are conservatives. If it became a knock down drag out fight between Left and Right there would be tremendous shifting of sides within the US military.

It is even conceivable that the only people to stay in the US military would be the Black Navy cooks and the homosexuals.

There wouldn't be a fight between left and right. It'd be a fight between the far right and everyone else with a small contingent of militant leftists (i.e. Antifa). Nobody is going to join a small army of nihilists, that would be suicide.

Come for our guns and see what happens, nosebleed.

I don't want your guns. crotchsnot.

Liar.

Not lying. I'm not interested in your guns. I wouldn't want anyone to take mine

Hmmmm....

10% = 32,800,000

Cops = less than 1,000,000

Total Military (active and reserve) = 2,500,000

If 10% want it, cops won't be sweeping up anything but their own asses.

10% vs 90% to include army, cops, normal people.

I guess the right thinks democracy is dead because they aren't getting their way.

I do wonder though..what the heck would we have done with Hanoi..if we took it--wait for the Chinese to smash us out?

We'd have MAULED everything before Hanoi up Highway One....total carnage...everybody dead. Nobody who wasn't there has any idea how crazy we were by then...by what we'd seen from the communists...root and branch...scorched earth.

We'd have MAULED everything before Hanoi up Highway One....total carnage...everybody dead. Nobody who wasn't there has any idea how crazy we were by then...by what we'd seen from the communists...root and branch...scorched earth.

That would have worked out well. WWIII.

I could take out 4,000 libs in Boston alone
Uh-huh..fantasize about that a lot do you?

This get ya hard:

No. The AR-15 is a CAP GUN. No stopping power. No penetration. Assuming the thing doesn't jam on you. And those sights narrow your vision and are only good for a distant stationary target. Real targets move around a lot. You'll be one of the first dead before you know what hit you.

It's been a couple days since ya'll jerked off over the idea of killing your fellow American.*

*ThEy ArE nOt mY FeLloW AmERicANS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back