Civil War could have been avoided through negotiation

I support self determination, kinda like it says in the Declaration of Independence. So, yes, “When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them”
Conservatives support tyranny, treason, and insurrection – in 1861 and today.

No, it could not have been negotiated.

The Southern landowners were not giving up their slaves.
You mean The Southern DEMOCRAT landowners.

Try to remember that, umkay?

Oh, sorry, I forgot. The dimocrap scum party and Republican Party somehow switched back somewhere at sometime by unknown means at an unknown time.

I wonder if it was before or after dimocrap scum elected Robert KKK Byrd to be the longest serving Senator in American History? No matter, we'll have to tune in later for that story. News at 11

Oh, sorry, I forgot. The dimocrap scum party and Republican Party somehow switched back somewhere at sometime by unknown means at an unknown time.

I wonder if it was before or after dimocrap scum elected Robert KKK Byrd to be the longest serving Senator in American History? No matter, we'll have to tune in later for that story. News at 11
Well there wasn't any Republican Southern land owners until after the Civil Rights Era in the 1960's which gave the GOP an opening. Eventually all the Racist Democrat lawmakers from the South, who were still getting elected after the bills were passed, retired. Slowly but surely the South turned the GOP into the Neo-GOP!

Exactly

There was no middle ground for slave owners.
It was their “property“and they were not going to willingly give it up.

Additionally, they considered blacks to be subhuman and a danger if not controlled.
and not that much has cha nged.
ummm, lincoln never proposed taking the southerners' slaves till 1862

the parties did not switch. i think you know that much. are you a southerner?

but from jesse helms and strim thurmon to billy tauzin and nearly everyone else the south went from "solid" democrat to solid reoublican in a space of 20 years.

abortion was 1972 and part of it but the process began with the civil rights and voting rights bills.

don';t believe it? not my problem.

I neither know nor give a shit about the political party of slave owners. They were Southern land owners who owned slaves. They were likely Baptists too, but it is not relevant.

Well there wasn't any Republican Southern land owners until after the Civil Rights Era in the 1960's which gave the GOP an opening. Eventually all the Racist Democrat lawmakers from the South, who were still getting elected after the bills were passed, retired. Slowly but surely the South turned the GOP into the Neo-GOP!
Edgetho there were also many plantation owning whigs.

and not that much has cha nged.

the parties did not switch. i think you know that much. are you a southerner?

but from jesse helms and strim thurmon to billy tauzin and nearly everyone else the south went from "solid" democrat to solid reoublican in a space of 20 years.

abortion was 1972 and part of it but the process began with the civil rights and voting rights bills.

don';t believe it? not my problem.
I suspect you have your own problems to worry about.

The people that were racist dimocrap scum in 1960 were racist dimocrap scum in 1980.

What happened was, an entirely new and better situated generation took over. And with that new generation came Republican attitudes. With that generation came a higher standard of living. And with the better living standards, the anger and hatred died away.

dimocrap scum rarely change. Hardly ever. But their children and their children's children mature.

The biggest fear that dimocrap scum have is that people who were always solid, always in the box for them, would become successful and no longer dependent on dimocrap scum. That happened in the South with Whites, it is happening with Blacks (more slowly) and Hispanics now.

It's why they are always devolving, always looking to make another group dependent on them. Women, trans, college pukes, whatever. dimocrap scum steal money from people and give it to their voters. It's what they do. In the Deep South, they stole Black People's labor, their property, the education funds allocated to them by DC, etc, etc

dimocraps are not only scum, they are thieves as well. Among other low-life White Trash attributes.

The whole party is, and always has been, based on criminality, dishonesty and thievery.

Trump is right, we needed more statesmen back then who were willing to negotiate in order to prevent war from breaking out. So many lives lost for nothing. Lincoln should be remembered for that.

---He added Lincoln could have negotiated to avoid the war, but he would not have been as well-known as he is today.---

pandering to those the media will call "white supremacists."

This is what did in Ron Paul in New Hampshire, this question...

People from the north do not like pandering to slavers....

PAY YOUR FUCKING LABOR or prepare to DIE.

and another issue where Vivek would give a much better answer that 60% + of Americans would agree and support...

Trump is wrong, as usual.

And any ‘negotiation’ wouldn’t be, the slave states would retain slavery pursuant to some ‘compromise’ – such as slavery would remain lawful for another 20 years at which time there would be another ‘negotiation.’

That Trump and his supporters would allow slavery to continue comes as no surprise.

"That Trump and his supporters would allow slavery to continue comes as no surprise."

Dude, get a grip!

Trump is right, we needed more statesmen back then who were willing to negotiate in order to prevent war from breaking out. So many lives lost for nothing. Lincoln should be remembered for that.

---He added Lincoln could have negotiated to avoid the war, but he would not have been as well-known as he is today.---

Northern lives weren't lost for nothing -- slavery was ended.

You mean Southern lives were lost for nothing....because they were selfish idiots who wouldn't give up slavery.

The South seceded from the Union before the war even began. They didn't even give Lincoln a chance to negotiate.

Trump is an imbecile who knows absolutely nothing about the history of this country, just like you.

Forum List

Back