Circumventing the electoral college won't prevent Trump from winning in 2020...

And I did. I'm saying you didn't support your argument, you didn't even understand the argument to begin with.

I'm not arguing anything. Merely pointing out intent, and speculating on possible results.

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) is an agreement among a group of U.S. states and the District of Columbia to award all their electoral votes to whichever presidential candidate wins the overall popular vote in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Wikipedia

Yes, and?

What part don't you understand?

Your point. You should make one.

I didn't, you didn't make a point, you quoted something and that was about it. Without you putting context behind what you think the meaning is then you're not making a point. We can go back and forth about whether you made a point or not, I'm just not seeing it so just tell me again what it is, I think I've shown that I'm more than happy to reply.

Try reading. It's not hard once you know how.

Check your quote. You're ascribing something to me that I did not write. Careful reading will help with that.

If you say so.

What is the point you wanted to make? I really want to answer it.

Fuck ALL Democrats. They are some EVIL LYING UNPATRIOTIC, BACKSTABBING, AMERICAN HATING SON OF A BITCHES WHO SIDE WITH OUT ENEMIES, & WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT POLITICAL POWER!

I hope California and New York gets hit with an asteroid.

Impact On Congressional Apportionment

Non-citizens Have Large Impact. Immigration has a significant effect on the distribution of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives for three reasons. First, seats are apportioned based on each state's total population relative to the rest of the country, including illegal aliens and other non-citizens. This, of course, is the issue at the center of Congresswomen Miller's proposal. Second, congress has chosen to allow in a large number of legal immigrants and to tolerate wide spread illegal immigration. After the 2000 Census, the average congressional district had roughly 650,000 people. Thus, the more than 18 million non-citizens in the 2000 Census were equal to nearly 29 congressional seats. The third reason is that non-citizens are not evenly distributed throughout the country. In 2000, half of all non-citizens lived in just three states and almost 70 percent live in just six states. States with a large non-citizen population will gain at the expense of states comprised mostly of citizens.

Impact of Illegal Aliens.

In our 2003 apportionment study we also tried to estimate the impact of illegal aliens by themselves. The former INS has estimated the size and state distribution of illegals who responded to the Census, and we used those figures to estimate their impact on the distribution of House seats. We found that of the nine states that lost seats due to non-citizens, four were the result of illegals. This makes perfect sense because 40 to 45 percent of non-citizens are illegal aliens. Indiana, Michigan, and Mississippi each lost one seat in the House and Montana failed to gain a seat it otherwise would have gained because of illegal aliens in other states.

Impact on Electoral College.

Immigration and the resulting non-citizen population not only redistributes seats in the House, it has the same effect on presidential elections because the apportionment of the Electoral College is based on the same basic calculations as congressional delegations. Thus immigration policy and the resulting large non-citizen population it produces impacts the distribution of political influence both in Congress and in the Executive.

The Impact of Non-Citizens on Congressional Apportionment

I didn't read your link, any link you post is suspect of being a confirmation bias.

For those not so willfully dishonest or willfully ignorant herein is a rebuttal to what I didn't read, but knowing the poster of the link, I have a pretty good idea:

FACT CHECK: Trump Repeats Voter Fraud Claim About California

For the Record:

California now world’s 5th largest economy, surpassing UK

California’s economic output is now surpassed only by the total GDP of the United States, China, Japan and Germany. The state has 12 percent of the U.S. population but contributed 16 percent of the country’s job growth between 2012 and 2017. Its share of the national economy also grew from 12.8 percent to 14.2 percent over that five-year period, according to state economists.
You are an enemy of The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA if you support Illegal Immigration, Support Blue States wanting to get Unfair, and Unequal Representation in Congress, and The Electoral College, and you are an Enemy of The United States if you want to USURP The WILL OF THE PEOPLE of ANY STATE and force them to give their Electoral College Votes to a candidate they did not vote for and who did not win that state.

The world is better off without such as you. Join a cult, and drink some koolaide.

Thanks so much for sharing, and showing your true character. Suggesting that the world is better off without me is disgusting and only something a true asshole and piece of human shit would ever post.

You are what is wrong with America ( assuming you are not siting in a chair hiding behind a computer in the Kremlin).

Fuck ALL Democrats. They are some EVIL LYING UNPATRIOTIC, BACKSTABBING, AMERICAN HATING SON OF A BITCHES WHO SIDE WITH OUT ENEMIES, & WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT POLITICAL POWER!

Non-citizens Have Large Impact. Immigration has a significant effect on the distribution of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives for three reasons. First, seats are apportioned based on each state's total population relative to the rest of the country, including illegal aliens and other non-citizens. This, of course, is the issue at the center of Congresswomen Miller's proposal. Second, congress has chosen to allow in a large number of legal immigrants and to tolerate wide spread illegal immigration. After the 2000 Census, the average congressional district had roughly 650,000 people. Thus, the more than 18 million non-citizens in the 2000 Census were equal to nearly 29 congressional seats. The third reason is that non-citizens are not evenly distributed throughout the country. In 2000, half of all non-citizens lived in just three states and almost 70 percent live in just six states. States with a large non-citizen population will gain at the expense of states comprised mostly of citizens.

In our 2003 apportionment study we also tried to estimate the impact of illegal aliens by themselves. The former INS has estimated the size and state distribution of illegals who responded to the Census, and we used those figures to estimate their impact on the distribution of House seats. We found that of the nine states that lost seats due to non-citizens, four were the result of illegals. This makes perfect sense because 40 to 45 percent of non-citizens are illegal aliens. Indiana, Michigan, and Mississippi each lost one seat in the House and Montana failed to gain a seat it otherwise would have gained because of illegal aliens in other states.

Immigration and the resulting non-citizen population not only redistributes seats in the House, it has the same effect on presidential elections because the apportionment of the Electoral College is based on the same basic calculations as congressional delegations. Thus immigration policy and the resulting large non-citizen population it produces impacts the distribution of political influence both in Congress and in the Executive.

I didn't read your link, any link you post is suspect of being a confirmation bias.

For those not so willfully dishonest or willfully ignorant herein is a rebuttal to what I didn't read, but knowing the poster of the link, I have a pretty good idea:

For the Record:

California’s economic output is now surpassed only by the total GDP of the United States, China, Japan and Germany. The state has 12 percent of the U.S. population but contributed 16 percent of the country’s job growth between 2012 and 2017. Its share of the national economy also grew from 12.8 percent to 14.2 percent over that five-year period, according to state economists.
You are an enemy of The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA if you support Illegal Immigration, Support Blue States wanting to get Unfair, and Unequal Representation in Congress, and The Electoral College, and you are an Enemy of The United States if you want to USURP The WILL OF THE PEOPLE of ANY STATE and force them to give their Electoral College Votes to a candidate they did not vote for and who did not win that state.

The world is better off without such as you. Join a cult, and drink some koolaide.

Thanks so much for sharing, and showing your true character. Suggesting that the world is better off without me is disgusting and only something a true asshole and piece of human shit would ever post.

You are what is wrong with America ( assuming you are not siting in a chair hiding behind a computer in the Kremlin).

Thank USMB for gathering such a fine bunch. I wonder how that happened.

For the Record:

Lack of moderation.

For the Record:

Lack of moderation.

Sometimes. Other times too much.

In a national head-to-head matchup, the poll found Biden taking 53 percent against 40 percent for Trump, with the poll's assistant director describing it as a "landslide" margin.

Five other Democratic contenders also lead the president: Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) hold healthy leads over Trump, with Sanders up by 9 points, Harris ahead by 8 and Warren leading by 7.

South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) and Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) lead Trump by 5 points, with each posting a 47 to 42 split.

Biden leads Trump by 'landslide proportions' in new national poll

In a national head-to-head matchup, the poll found Biden taking 53 percent against 40 percent for Trump, with the poll's assistant director describing it as a "landslide" margin.

Five other Democratic contenders also lead the president: Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) hold healthy leads over Trump, with Sanders up by 9 points, Harris ahead by 8 and Warren leading by 7.

South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) and Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) lead Trump by 5 points, with each posting a 47 to 42 split.

Biden leads Trump by 'landslide proportions' in new national poll

And national polls had Hillary at 91% over Trump 9% On November 8th, 2016. :04:

Pardon me while I don't believe polls.

912vhhA.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back