Cigarette Wars

Prove what I wrote is untrue.

You make the claim, you prove it's true. Unlike you, I question anything I'm told. It's an annoying habit but it comes from intellect. I was raised to question not to accept. I'd be embarrassed to admit that I just regurgitate whatever some documentary maker tells me. If you're not embarrassed, that's fine. Lots of people are too dumb to question... you are not unique.

I've already given you the source of my statements. Don't like it? PROVE that you don't "regurgitate whatever some documentary maker tells [you]". I won't believe it though, because, you most certainly DO vomit what fuxbecklushbo tell you.

Worse, you just toss around nasty insults to cover your ignorance.

To be honest, she very rarely voices an opinion of her own. She is content to sit back and attack the opinions of other posters

My Grandmother died at 86 and smoked about two packs of Kools a day. We don't need more study, we need no study. People can decide for themselves what they want to do or not want to do. Smoking is like skiing. Every time you go down the slope you take a chance that you will break your leg. Ski or not on your own.

My Grandfather died at 59 and smoked three packs of unfiltered Camels a day. Coughed out a lung from Emphysema

My Grandmother died at 86 and smoked about two packs of Kools a day. We don't need more study, we need no study. People can decide for themselves what they want to do or not want to do. Smoking is like skiing. Every time you go down the slope you take a chance that you will break your leg. Ski or not on your own.

You can't prove your idiotic declarations so you just keep changing the subject.

Typical rw.

And, no, smoking is nothing at all like skiing.

My Grandfather died at 59 and smoked three packs of unfiltered Camels a day. Coughed out a lung from Emphysema

Don't doubt it for a minute! I've been in the hospital twice with kidney stones. I had no idea they were caused by eating strawberries, peanut butter and spinach. I never eat those things anymore. I don't want these things banned. Your grandfather should not have smoked even one time.

You can't prove your idiotic declarations so you just keep changing the subject.

Typical rw.

And, no, smoking is nothing at all like skiing.

It is exactly like skiing. It is an act, voluntarily undertaken, that may or may not cause injury or early death.

Don't doubt it for a minute! I've been in the hospital twice with kidney stones. I had no idea they were caused by eating strawberries, peanut butter and spinach. I never eat those things anymore. I don't want these things banned. Your grandfather should not have smoked even one time.

Where, in this thread, has anyone except YOU, said anything about banning smoking?

Where, in this thread, has anyone except YOU, said anything about banning smoking?

I live in California where it is banned just about every place. Santa Monica wants to ban smoking in one's own home.

Documentary showing on CNBC. A really nasty business. Interestingly, even though there are fewer and fewer and growers in the US, they're struggling because the cig makers are buying from other countries. 1200 people in the US die every day from cig related illness. (Damn, I am SO glad I quit!) As more Americans quit, most of the profits the makers get are from getting children in poor countries hooked.

Gangs are in the biz of buying from low tax states and reselling in high tax states. It said they can triple their profit and ATF work undercover to fight it. They just showed a bust that was worth $15Mil.

Apparently, there are also ties to terrorist groups though I missed the part that explained this. Hopefully, I'll get to watch it again.

Jeezus Krist - they just showed a price tag of $14.80 for a PACK of Marlboros. Back when I quit, a CARTON cost less than that.

I wonder how smokers feel about all this? The farmers say they just separate the facts of disease from what they do for a living.

Dammit, I forgot to get some tobacco seed when I was in Tennessee last week.

I live in California where it is banned just about every place. Santa Monica wants to ban smoking in one's own home.

Really piss 'em off, grow your own as an ornamental/landscaping plant.

I don't smoke. I used to smoke but the taxes collected from cigarettes are to fund health services for the millions of illegals that infest the state so I quit.

I don't smoke. I used to smoke but the taxes collected from cigarettes are to fund health services for the millions of illegals that infest the state so I quit.
That's ok, you don't actually have to smoke it, just let it be known that you are growing it, watch the consternation begin!

People across the world are falling so far short on exercise that the problem has become a global pandemic, causing nearly a tenth of deaths worldwide and killing roughly as many people as smoking, researchers warned this week as an alarming series of studies was published in the Lancet.

Eight out of 10 youngsters age 13 to 15 don't get enough exercise, according to one of the Lancet studies released Tuesday, and nearly a third of adults fall short. The problem is even worse for girls and women, who are less active than boys and men, researchers found.

The results are fatal. Lack of exercise is tied to worldwide killers such as heart disease, diabetes and breast and colon cancer.

Lack of exercise kills roughly as many as smoking, study says - latimes.com

A man dies at 75 of a heart attack. Was the heart attack caused by smoking or lack of exercise? Or perhaps the man had a family history of heart disease.

People die. Smokers die earlier.

The govt. should just outlaw death.

Poor Katzendogz ... You musta missed this because I'm just sure you wouldn't ignore it.

Right?

More like tax wars than cigarette wars. Anybody see the hypocrisy in the left campaigning for legalization of marijuana? Cigarettes are still legal the last time I looked even though the government is punishing the people who can least afford it with ridiculously high taxes.

This is nothing new.

Organized crime has been smuggling and selling untaxed cigarettes for as long as I can remember.

More like tax wars than cigarette wars. Anybody see the hypocrisy in the left campaigning for legalization of marijuana? Cigarettes are still legal the last time I looked even though the government is punishing the people who can least afford it with ridiculously high taxes.

High taxes will mean those poor people can't afford smokes, not that they should be buying them anyway when they have bills to pay and are probably on welfare anyway.

Forum List

Back