CIA sought Blackwater's help to kill Jihadists

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/us/20intel.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

By MARK MAZZETTI
Published: August 19, 2009
WASHINGTON — The Central Intelligence Agency in 2004 hired outside contractors from the private security contractor Blackwater USA as part of a secret program to locate and assassinate top operatives of Al Qaeda, according to current and former government officials.

Related
Times Topics: Blackwater Worldwide

Executives from Blackwater, which has generated controversy because of its aggressive tactics in Iraq, helped the spy agency with planning, training and surveillance. The C.I.A. spent several million dollars on the program, which did not successfully capture or kill any terrorist suspects.

The fact that the C.I.A. used an outside company for the program was a major reason that Leon E. Panetta, the C.I.A.&#8217;s director, became alarmed and called an emergency meeting in June to tell Congress that the agency had withheld details of the program for seven years, the officials said. <more>

Ok, I read it, and the point is?

That the privatization of WAR, and the licensing to private corporations to assassinate people is not a good idea, of course.

It isn't a good idea, either.

And you think this is a new thing??? You can't possibly be that naive.
The report stated it was explored as an alternative to Predator Drone attacks to minimize collateral damage. When an agency doesn't have available internal assets for specific projects they contract out.
As for government employees leaving and joining the private sector, knowledge of the specific industry and more money are usually the operative factors.

Last edited:
OK. Please respond to my #13.

Who gives a shit?
There is always a fall guy, oversight that doest see far enough , and covert ops. Rinse and repeat.

You cons are scary individuals. You piss and moan if your tax dollars go to help people get health insurance, but are more than find with your tax dollars hiring contract killers? I don't get it?
You miss the point on both fronts, but thats top be expected.

Who gives a shit?
There is always a fall guy, oversight that doest see far enough , and covert ops. Rinse and repeat.

You cons are scary individuals. You piss and moan if your tax dollars go to help people get health insurance, but are more than find with your tax dollars hiring contract killers? I don't get it?

No, I got your point. You don't give a shit. What else could I possibly have missed from your illustrious post?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/us/20intel.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

By MARK MAZZETTI
Published: August 19, 2009
WASHINGTON — The Central Intelligence Agency in 2004 hired outside contractors from the private security contractor Blackwater USA as part of a secret program to locate and assassinate top operatives of Al Qaeda, according to current and former government officials.

Related
Times Topics: Blackwater Worldwide

Executives from Blackwater, which has generated controversy because of its aggressive tactics in Iraq, helped the spy agency with planning, training and surveillance. The C.I.A. spent several million dollars on the program, which did not successfully capture or kill any terrorist suspects.

The fact that the C.I.A. used an outside company for the program was a major reason that Leon E. Panetta, the C.I.A.’s director, became alarmed and called an emergency meeting in June to tell Congress that the agency had withheld details of the program for seven years, the officials said. <more>
defeat terrorist
Blackwater to did more to defeat terrorist than the Democrats ever did:lol:

No, I got your point. You don't give a shit. What else could I possibly have missed from your illustrious post?

The health care scheme isnt about giving people anything , its about taking things away and limiting options.
We have always hired killers The military has been farming out jobs for some time REMF mostly, For a more sensitive mission, a more skilled agent may be needed infiltration and assignation in hostile territory is very sensitive.
A Kid from kansas may not be the right choice.

The health care scheme isnt about giving people anything , its about taking things away and limiting options.

This is YOUR opinion only. By offering to provide health insurance for millions of Americans who currently cannot afford it, I find it hard to understand how you came to your conclusion, but you know what they say about opinions....

Believers.

Ok, so "Believers" are not "inusrgents" who are not "terrorists"....do I have this right now? So, the surge worked to defeat the terrorists, but for some reason, we should have been focusing on the insurgents and believers?

"People had different perspectives about when Congress needed to be briefed."
-- Liz Cheney, asked why her father broke so many laws, Link

The C.I.A. spent several million dollars on the program, which did not successfully capture or kill any terrorist suspects.

This is government in microcoism, millions spent for zero results.

Strategies For Countering Radical Islamist Ideologies:
Overcoming Conceptual Difficulties,
by Raymond Ibrahim
The greatest hurdle Americans need to get over in order to properly respond to the growing threat of radical Islam is purely intellectual in nature; specifically, it is epistemological, and revolves around the abstract realm of &#8220;knowledge.&#8221; Before attempting to formulate a long-term strategy to counter radical Islam, Americans must first and foremost understand Islam, particularly its laws and doctrines, the same way Muslims understand it&#8212;without giving it undue Western (liberal) interpretations. This is apparently not as simple as expected: all peoples of whatever civilizations and religions tend to assume that other peoples more or less share in their worldview, which they assume is objective, including notions of right and wrong, good and bad.
More.

http://armedservices.house.gov/pdfs/TUTC021209/Ibrahim_Testimony021209.pdf

I dont have time to explain the problem in any detail right now other then to say everything we have done since WWII has been pretty much wrong.

Thats what lintel does keep secrets so the wrong people don't get killed ,
once you get the pols involved no secrets are sacred, they are political weapons to be exposed for power.
As when the Bush Administration outed Valerie Plame, and everyone at her cover company?

once you get the pols involved no secrets are sacred, they are political weapons to be exposed for power.
As when the Bush Administration outed Valerie Plame, and everyone at her cover company?
Don't force me to defend Chimp.

Her idiot husband 'outted' her years ago, he was always bragging she was in the CIA.

Her idiot husband 'outted' her years ago, he was always bragging she was in the CIA.
Feel free to post proof that her husband outed her.
We do know that Scooter was convicted of outing her.

Feel free to post proof that her husband outed her.
We do know that Scooter was convicted of outing her.
People like you really annoy me with your attempts at minutia wars.

You know damn well I'm right, yet you want to dance round and round, post after post with links and counter links.

Pay attention.

I don't like Bush.

I don't like Republicans.

I don't defend them or make excuses for them.

So stop the baby shit, Joe Wilson made a cottage industry of bragging on how he was married to a 'secret agent' and we all know it.

[SIZE=+1]Blackwater Founder a Murderer?[/SIZE]
Under oath, two former employees say he is

Link
Excerpt:
A former Blackwater employee and an ex-US Marine who has worked as a security operative for the company have made a series of explosive allegations in sworn statements filed on August 3 in federal court in Virginia. The two men claim that the company's owner, Erik Prince, may have murdered or facilitated the murder of individuals who were cooperating with federal authorities investigating the company. The former employee also alleges that Prince "views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe," and that Prince's companies "encouraged and rewarded the destruction of Iraqi life." In their testimony, both men also allege that Blackwater was smuggling weapons into Iraq. One of the men alleges that Prince turned a profit by transporting "illegal" or "unlawful" weapons into the country on Prince's private planes. They also charge that Prince and other Blackwater executives destroyed incriminating videos, emails and other documents and have intentionally deceived the US State Department and other federal agencies. The identities of the two individuals were sealed out of concerns for their safety.
"It appears that Mr. Prince and his employees murdered, or had murdered, one or more persons who have provided information, or who were planning to provide information, to the federal authorities about the ongoing criminal conduct."
cheney-hit-squad.JPG

Forum List

Back