Cia director david petraeus submits letter of resignation

Ah right, so Petraeus has invented this story about his infidelity so he can use it as an excuse to resign?

lol, move over birthers.

What does marital fidelity have to do with the job of CIA director? He might have had an affair, but that of itself seems to be no reason to resign. Nobody cares and he wasn't running for election.

Didn't Hilary call Patreaus a liar right to his face once? I think she did. General Betrayus. That's his newly found title especially for his wife.

Yes she did. She went right after his face. Chucky Schumer #2. She really fucked with him.

Last edited:
wtf??

this stinks to high heaven....who gives a shit? plus he works for a re-elected Dem president, they don't give a crap about adultery, gay prostitution etc. they are the let it all hang out party...( well, unless its a rep.)...so what gives?

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair
By Andrea Mitchell and Robert Windrem, NBC News

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair he had.

Multiple sources tell NBC News that Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a longtime CIA officer, would likely be offered the job as acting director but with the understanding that he may be elevated to the job permanently at some point.

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair - U.S. News

David Vitter, Thank you and goodnight.

breaking , no links yet.......

Benghazi casualty? :eusa_think:

if anyone has another idea for a more appropriate forum for this sound off, I am not sure were it should go...*shrugs*

no... casualty of his own open zipper...

from his resignation letter:

November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

i know there will be mourning in rightwingnuthackworld because he didn't resign because of "behghazi".

did bush's CIA director resign because the US got attacked on bush's watch?

No, he got the Presidential Medal Of Freedom.

From what I was told by a friend, when Petreaus toured his facility...he brought more security than Obamination did, so it's obvious this affair was known about. It was just dropped on his head the day Congress wants to talk with him about Libya.

Petreaus' best revenge is to talk with Congress in the next 1-2 weeks once a private citizen.

You can't hide forever Obamination....

Last edited:
They don't. They just don't want him testifying at the Benghazi hearings next week.

Ah right, so Petraeus has invented this story about his infidelity so he can use it as an excuse to resign?

lol, move over birthers.

What does marital fidelity have to do with the job of CIA director? He might have had an affair, but that of itself seems to be no reason to resign. Nobody cares and he wasn't running for election.

oh i dont know, maybe he cared?

Let me repeat this again for the TooStupidExtremistRight.

Benhazi is not going to be any more successful that BHO being a Muslim or a Kenyan or flying one of the planes into the Twin Towers.

You guys have no cred with 99% of the county now and forever.

The gf may have had access to classified info. Sigh.

Has been screwing around so now he's stepping down..
ta da! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

wtf??

this stinks to high heaven....who gives a shit? plus he works for a re-elected Dem president, they don't give a crap about adultery, gay prostitution etc. they are the let it all hang out party...( well, unless its a rep.)...so what gives?

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair
By Andrea Mitchell and Robert Windrem, NBC News

CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair he had.

Multiple sources tell NBC News that Mike Morrell, the deputy CIA director and a longtime CIA officer, would likely be offered the job as acting director but with the understanding that he may be elevated to the job permanently at some point.

David Vitter, Thank you and goodnight.

Hey I'm thrilled you guys are so jacked.. You guys are going to flush out all the best.

You want your Presidents getting sucked off in your Oval Office. How low can you guys go?

breaking , no links yet.......

Benghazi casualty? :eusa_think:

if anyone has another idea for a more appropriate forum for this sound off, I am not sure were it should go...*shrugs*

no... casualty of his own open zipper...

from his resignation letter:

November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

i know there will be mourning in rightwingnuthackworld because he didn't resign because of "behghazi".

did bush's CIA director resign because the US got attacked on bush's watch?

he did resign because of benghazi, that letter about "an affair" is just another in a long line of cover ups.
You do know that the CIA briefed Susan Rice on what occurred in Benghazi, don't you? :lol:

I don't know what the big deal is.

It's his own personal business, that should be left between his wife and himself.

Everybody does it.

It didn't stop him from doing his job.
What happened to concerns that he could be blackmailed, etc.?

What happened to conservative values?

Are you admitting that the Rightwing was wrong about Clinton, Edwards, McGreevey, etc.?

It's his own personal business, that should be left between his wife and himself.

Everybody does it.

He was a general in the armed forces. He cannot be seen getting away with what other soldiers have been punished for under the UCMJ. Especially if he has personally punished other soldiers for adultery.

He is doing the right thing. I know it is a shock when someone does that in this day and age.

get me some vaginal swabs and some DNA to prove he had an affair okay asswipe?
So you are expecting Paula Broadwell to deny it?

You really are one stupid motherfucker. I mean, really fucking stupid.

The strange statements he said earlier about Libya being some "protest" now takes on life of Obamination blackmailed him to say that because of this affair. Eventually he couldn't take the pressure of lying about the affair and Libya so he fessed up today.

Obamination is toast....

Everybody does it.

Politicians resign for those reasons all the time. In the military, it's especially frowned upon .

jesus , hes not in the military....
Your saying that all of his honor is attached only to his uniform.

You suck.

well, her book came out January 24, 2012,[ame=http://www.amazon.com/All-Education-General-David-Petraeus/dp/1594203180]All In: The Education of General David Petraeus: Paula Broadwell, Vernon Loeb: 9781594203183: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

which means she had to be working on it and with him for at least year before that. he was named to the cia April of 2011...

Petraeus Named CIA Chief, Panetta New Defense Secretary

he was , is a great soldier, what he did is no mean achievement, I hate to see it end this way....

but now? this story and Benghazi will take off now, its got it all, sex, violence etc...a little late but....

The outcome of today's news is Obamination is going to be impeached over Libya and possibly brought up on criminal charges of blackmailing Petreaus to cover up Libya......bye bye Obamination your term is coming to an end in a court near you!

Well I find that a good cover story.

Patreaus is a soldier first and foremost.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit that the stand down order in Benghazi stuck in his craw.

He's stepping down just and General Hamm was relieved.

Both pretty much at the same time. Go figure.

Petreaus said there was no stand down order, but don't let that stop you from making that shit up anyway.

Wingnuts are convinced that Gen. Patraeus is as big a liar as they are.

Forum List

Back