CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

i waterboarded all his freinds as well and no one died......seems like it worked.....

what would you do ask nice and give him candy....

None of the had any useful information. However, the fact that the US, which once called itsefl the shining city on the hill, engages in the same torture it once prosecuted WWII war criminals for reinforces the beliefs of many that the US is evil and hypocritical to boot. This growing disdain feeds new recuits into a terrorist organization, and they then attack America again, killing 3000.

End of ridiculous hypothetical story.
\

if none of it worked and i got no useful information then how did i get the info to stop the attack.....

You didn't. You caused it. Sorry.

None of the had any useful information. However, the fact that the US, which once called itsefl the shining city on the hill, engages in the same torture it once prosecuted WWII war criminals for reinforces the beliefs of many that the US is evil and hypocritical to boot. This growing disdain feeds new recuits into a terrorist organization, and they then attack America again, killing 3000.

\

if none of it worked and i got no useful information then how did i get the info to stop the attack.....

funny they weren't water boarding we got hit what 6 or 7 times .... they started waterboarding and putting caterpillars on people aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.........................

I am one who would rather starve to death than kill someone and take their food.

I and others have that same moral code that makes the dangers samller then the moral abyss.

YOU can never proove they could not have stopped this without this information. That is unknowable.

If Obama get caught allowing torture will you defend him?

I wont.

We do have proof that by waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks we prevented another similar one in Los Angeles. SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Another difference between liberals and Conservatives...

Conservatives would rather waterboard terrorists and save US citizens and Liberals would rather not waterboard terrorists and risk killing innocent US citizens...

CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

Sorry, but that information was secured in documents seized in the Philippines in 1995, and President Bush later claimed (falsely) that an attack on the Library Tower in L.A. was thwarted on the basis of that information.

I am one who would rather starve to death than kill someone and take their food.

I and others have that same moral code that makes the dangers samller then the moral abyss.

YOU can never proove they could not have stopped this without this information. That is unknowable.

I wont.

We do have proof that by waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks we prevented another similar one in Los Angeles. SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

he is invoking the classic monty python black knight defense.....

\

funny they weren't water boarding we got hit what 6 or 7 times .... they started waterboarding and putting caterpillars on people aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.........................[/QUOTE]

Just to add to your comment.

Cheney Calls for Release of Memos Showing Results of Interrogation Efforts - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

They did make a difference. obama just want to bring out the horror of what this evil country did, and Cheney wants to have all the documents released to tell the other side of the story.

I wont.

What's the proof?

Other than the same "Justice" Department memos that were desparately trying to justify the same torture the US prosecuted Japanese as war criminals for, I mean.

funny they weren't water boarding we got hit what 6 or 7 times .... they started waterboarding and putting caterpillars on people aaaaaaaaaaaaaand.........................[/QUOTE]

Cheney Calls for Release of Memos Showing Results of Interrogation Efforts - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

They did make a difference. obama just want to bring out the horror of what this evil country did, and Cheney wants to have all the documents released to tell the other side of the story.

You mean because Dick "we now know where there WMDs are" Cheney said so? LOL

Let's have all the documents released, and see if you can still laugh. :eusa_whistle:

why do you think obama didn't release all the memos.....

Let's have all the documents released, and see if you can still laugh. :eusa_whistle:

My guess is Cheney knows that can't happen because they have secret info so he feels safe to bluff.

If there was hard evidence that torture prevented an attack at it could be released the Bush administations press department (AKA Fox News) would have plastered it all over to support the administrative's position.

I could be wrong. But given Cheneys past record for veracity, I feel pretty safe putting this in the "skeptical" department till shown otherwise.

why do you think obama didn't release all the memos.....

Classified?

the ones he released he declassifed....why would obama not want to tell the entire story....if waterboarding didn't work and the got no info the memos would say that.....must be he doesn't what people to know the entire story....now why woud that be....what does he stand to gain by keeping the people angry at the bush admin.....

Nice dodge. See my post above.

i did not dodge your question. I answered it. reread it if you must.

I did, and take it back -- you did answered #1 and #2 though not #3.

Do you agree with me that the techniques I mentioned should not be legal?

And are you approving other nations legitimately water boarding US soldiers and citizens and whatever other torture techniques you think are legal?

Our special forces undergo water boarding as part of their training to be prepared for capture. And, no i would not want it to happen but i am not so Polly Anna as to believe that what i want will sway an enemy. nor am I so naive to think that because we might not use the techniques in question that our enemies won't.

So in that regard I am saying that no technique should be off limits.

Since we are speaking hypothetically here, would you agree that if the intelligence gathered via water boarding actually did stop an attack on Los Angeles, that had Obama been president at the time, many hundreds or possibly thousands more Americans would have died all for his belief that it is better Americans die than we water board one terrorist?

I wont.

First, it is a demonstrable fact that they would not have stopped the additional terrorists attacks without that information; it is decidely KNOWN...

Secondly, if King Hussein were caught torturing someone, would I defend him? I doubt it... He's a leftists... thus as such he would torture for sadistic pleasure; as did his namesake... who used actual torture; severe, prolonged physical injury to exert authority, draw pleasure and impart terror.

IF on the other hand, he authorized coercive interrogation techniques, which induced discomfort upon individuals reasonably believed to possess time critical information the obtaining of which is essential to save innocent American life... I'd be shocked, as he is an Anti-American and has implemented substantial policy which can only harm Americans and will likely COST innocent Americans their lives... BUT if it happened, you bet your ample ass, I'd celebrate the exception to the leftist rule.

The article is from CNS, Conservative News Service.

Their editor also worked for the Washington Times, the newspaper started by the Rev. Dumb yung Moon, the Korean minister who says he is the second coming of Christ.

A false prophet.

CNS is not a reliable news source. It makes Fox look like a fair and balanced news service.

My guess is Cheney knows that can't happen because they have secret info so he feels safe to bluff.

If there was hard evidence that torture prevented an attack at it could be released the Bush administations press department (AKA Fox News) would have plastered it all over to support the administrative's position.

I could be wrong. But given Cheneys past record for veracity, I feel pretty safe putting this in the "skeptical" department till shown otherwise.

There is a very strong chance that your guess would be wrong. They just need to declassify all the documents, and not cherry pick them to bolster their agenda. Seems fair if they declassified them all.

i did not dodge your question. I answered it. reread it if you must.

I did, and take it back -- you did answered #1 and #2 though not #3.

Do you agree with me that the techniques I mentioned should not be legal?

And are you approving other nations legitimately water boarding US soldiers and citizens and whatever other torture techniques you think are legal?

Our special forces undergo water boarding as part of their training to be prepared for capture. And, no i would not want it to happen but i am not so Polly Anna as to believe that what i want will sway an enemy. nor am I so naive to think that because we might not use the techniques in question that our enemies won't.

So in that regard I am saying that no technique should be off limits.

We have a difference of opinion. I would not approve of a rule that legitimized water boarding US soldiers or citizens, much less the harsher techniques you would approve.

Since we are speaking hypothetically here, would you agree that if the intelligence gathered via water boarding actually did stop an attack on Los Angeles, that had Obama been president at the time, many hundreds or possibly thousands more Americans would have died all for his belief that it is better Americans die than we water board one terrorist?

No, I don't agree with that.

He gave you false useless information.

i waterboarded all his freinds as well and no one died......seems like it worked.....

what would you do ask nice and give him candy....

just think what we could be with your lilly livered cowardly approach,.. a charred, radioactive, dead city on the hill.. won't you be proud we played nice?

Forum List

Back