Chutkan explains her gag order

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Under binding Supreme Court precedent, this court “must take such steps by rule and regulation that will protect [its] processes from prejudicial outside interferences.” Sheppard v. Maxwell, 384 U.S. 333, 363 (1966). The First Amendment does not override that obligation. “Freedom of discussion should be given the widest range compatible with the essential requirement of the fair and orderly administration of justice. But it must not be allowed to divert the trial from the very purpose of a court system to adjudicate controversies, both criminal and civil, in the calmness and solemnity of the courtroom according to legal procedures.” Id. at 350–51 (cleaned up); Seattle Times Co. v. Rhinehart, 467 U.S. 20, 32 n.18 (1984) (“Although litigants do not surrender their First Amendment rights at the courthouse door, those rights maybe subordinated to other interests that arise in this setting.

For those whose literacy is compromised when they see something that reflects poorly on Dear Leader allow me to translate. "Trump is a pompous windbag who is in the habit of trying to enlist the mob under his spell to follow through on his dangerous rhetoric by making threats against officers of the court. Therefore, I am issuing a limited gag to get him to STFU."

Under binding Supreme Court precedent, this court “must take such steps by rule and regulation that will protect [its] processes from prejudicial outside interferences.” Sheppard v. Maxwell, 384 U.S. 333, 363 (1966). The First Amendment does not override that obligation. “Freedom of discussion should be given the widest range compatible with the essential requirement of the fair and orderly administration of justice. But it must not be allowed to divert the trial from the very purpose of a court system to adjudicate controversies, both criminal and civil, in the calmness and solemnity of the courtroom according to legal procedures.” Id. at 350–51 (cleaned up); Seattle Times Co. v. Rhinehart, 467 U.S. 20, 32 n.18 (1984) (“Although litigants do not surrender their First Amendment rights at the courthouse door, those rights maybe subordinated to other interests that arise in this setting.

For those whose literacy is compromised when they see something that reflects poorly on Dear Leader allow me to translate. "Trump is a pompous windbag who is in the habit of trying to enlist the mob under his spell to follow through on his dangerous rhetoric by making threats against officers of the court. Therefore, I am issuing a limited gag to get him to STFU."
Are you trying to say he's doing something different than the democrats, led by Piglosi and Schiff, did with msm collusion, during the entire preceding administration's tenure? Pot meet kettle.

:113:

So they can leak shit and publicly talk shit but Trump has his first amendment rights snuffed. GARBAGE

There are already laws in place to protect jurors & officials. They know he isn't breaking those laws so they have to create their own to silence him.

Fuck this judge and the entire DOJ

Are you trying to say he's doing something different than the democrats, led by Piglosi and Schiff, did with msm collusion, during the entire preceding administration's tenure? Pot meet kettle.

So they can leak shit and publicly talk shit but Trump has his first amendment rights snuffed. GARBAGE

There are already laws in place to protect jurors & officials. They know he isn't breaking those laws so they have to create their own to silence him.

Poor Trumpers need to be educated about American law from Jamaicans. 😄 Neither Pelosi or Schiff are criminal defendants in an ongoing criminal prosecution. When Trump was arraigned and remanded into his own custody before trial it came with it certain stipulations like not running his mouth.

Poor Trumpers need to be educated about American law from Jamaicans. 😄 Neither Pelosi or Schiff are criminal defendants in an ongoing criminal prosecution. When Trump was arraigned and remanded into his own custody before trial it came with it certain stipulations like not running his mouth.
Maybe you should quit hiding behind your patois and learn English so that you can comprehend it. LMAO, "remanded into his own custody?" You mean "free"

Maybe you should quit hiding behind your patois and learn English so that you can comprehend it. LMAO, "remanded into his own custody?" You mean "free"
No. I don't mean "free". I mean free conditionally with those conditions being set by the court. Are you an illiterate Bingo? 😄

Trump gives strong fact based speech and Chaka Khan does not feel comfortable with that

P01135809 has not, "lost his first amendment rights". He is free to hold his bund rallies. He is free to lie, which for him is like breathing or drinking diet coke. P01135809 cannot berate or attack courtroom staff.

There is a big, fucking bigley big difference. As long as he does NOT attack the court or the courtroom staff he can say what say, so you can forward of his lies.

Forum List

Back