Church replaces giant Jesus statue in southwest Ohio

Dutch

Silver Member
Sep 11, 2009
Ohio
"MONROE, Ohio — A giant likeness of Jesus Christ has replaced a similar iconic statue that was destroyed two years ago in a lightning fire in southwest Ohio.

The new 51-foot statue was erected today at the Solid Rock Church near Monroe. It’s visible to drivers along busy Interstate 75. "

Seriously can't they find better ways to use this money than build this again? Homeless shelters or any other noteworthy charities could use this money.:confused:

Church replaces giant Jesus statue in southwest Ohio | The Columbus Dispatch

"MONROE, Ohio — A giant likeness of Jesus Christ has replaced a similar iconic statue that was destroyed two years ago in a lightning fire in southwest Ohio.

The new 51-foot statue was erected today at the Solid Rock Church near Monroe. It’s visible to drivers along busy Interstate 75. "

Seriously can't they find better ways to use this money than build this again? Homeless shelters or any other noteworthy charities could use this money.:confused:

Then start donating to them. Who is to say the statue wasnt made with dontated time and materials?

I can't think of a better way to spend that money. Which, no doubt, came from people who donated specifically to the rebuilding.

Am I the only one who finds this ,uh well, uh, how can I put this, kinda tacky?

I live in SW Ohio and it is a big joke around here. There was actually a song made about the first one called "Big Butter Jesus".

I can't think of a better way to spend that money. Which, no doubt, came from people who donated specifically to the rebuilding.

Yes Jesus seems like the kind of guy that would rather have a 50' tall statue of himself rather than using the money to help the poor.

Helping the poor do what? Stay poor? Get even poorer than they are? If people donated the money they worked for to build this statue any use of that money for any other purpose is theft. Do you condone theft, if its for a noble purpose?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq01UYiMyHg]Big Butter Jesus by Heywood Banks - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back