A Dose Of Realism

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
All through the new testament Jesus' teachings are to despise the wealthy and support the poor. Every parable has a note of taking care of the least significant in a society or culture. The parable of the good Samaritan and the one about Lazrus and the rich man are but two examples of the dozens which are in print for all to understand. "Do it to the least of these my brethren and you do it to me."

Instead of paying any attention to that a modern Christian in the United States drops by his or her local church building and leaves a few dollars each week and listens to some free loader's expansion of a bible verse which took him about 45 minutes to prepare and less than that if he had preached it before. Then they go about their business for the other 98% of their week with a clean conscience.

This is the good part. The money they leave there goes to pay for buildings, building expansions, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, vacation bible school, youth programs for the children of members, preacher's salary and travel expenses, religious retreats, a percentage for their convention or denomination headquarters, missionary work to brainwash children in other countries and change their culture, etc. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

In the old testament Noah was given precise instructions about how to build the ark, length, height, width etc. No place in the new testament does Jesus even mention building a church. Like everything else mankind has ever got control of he has fucked up the instructions in the new testament. If you doubt it look at the holy city, the vatican where literally billions of dollars worth of fine art, gold, silver, etc. has been hoarded for 17 centuries. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

6a00d8341cb34753ef0133f47638b0970b-800wi

82846-cistine-chapel-vatican-city-vatican-city.jpg

8b8a4dd0-9d35-43b1-9f58-cce9baca5943.Large.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Funny, I dont remember Christ saying despise the wealthy. I remember Him saying "Love your neighbor as yourself" I dont remember Him providing an exception when your neighbor has money

Jesus did mention taking no care for tomorrow. He mentioned storing up treasure in heaven. He did say that giving from the little one has counts more than giving a little of what one has much of. He did say a rich individual will have difficulty getting to a better, fuller life. He did say to give everything away to a rich young man who sought perfection. He did say that to whom much has been given, much will be demanded.
Those are not pro-rich teachings.

You left wing agnostic bigots would be surprised how much better Christian charities function than poverty pimp government plans.

All in favor of the rich directly replacing the government in paying for necessary welfare for those in need, say 'aye'!

All in favor of it being done communally if the rich fail to do it, say 'aye'!

All through the new testament Jesus' teachings are to despise the wealthy and support the poor. Every parable has a note of taking care of the least significant in a society or culture. The parable of the good Samaritan and the one about Lazrus and the rich man are but two examples of the dozens which are in print for all to understand. "Do it to the least of these my brethren and you do it to me."

Instead of paying any attention to that a modern Christian in the United States drops by his or her local church building and leaves a few dollars each week and listens to some free loader's expansion of a bible verse which took him about 45 minutes to prepare and less than that if he had preached it before. Then they go about their business for the other 98% of their week with a clean conscience.

This is the good part. The money they leave there goes to pay for buildings, building expansions, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, vacation bible school, youth programs for the children of members, preacher's salary and travel expenses, religious retreats, a percentage for their convention or denomination headquarters, missionary work to brainwash children in other countries and change their culture, etc. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

In the old testament Noah was given precise instructions about how to build the ark, length, height, width etc. No place in the new testament does Jesus even mention building a church. Like everything else mankind has ever got control of he has fucked up the instructions in the new testament. If you doubt it look at the holy city, the vatican where literally billions of dollars worth of fine art, gold, silver, etc. has been hoarded for 17 centuries. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

6a00d8341cb34753ef0133f47638b0970b-800wi

82846-cistine-chapel-vatican-city-vatican-city.jpg

8b8a4dd0-9d35-43b1-9f58-cce9baca5943.Large.jpg
[/QUOTE]

One of my rare handing out a neg without being negged first.

You are the stupidest fuck that's ever posted here.

(Changed my mind, not handing out the neg, but Camppppbellll is still losing rock, paper, scissors to a box of rocks)

Last edited:
In "The Agony and the Ecstasy" when DaVinci comes to look at Michelangelo's "Last Judgement" (featured by the retarded OP) he says you've left nothing for any other artist to accomplish in capturing the human figure

The trouble is.....If the rich give all their wealth to the poor then the poor become the rich, who then must give it to the poor to make them rich again so that they can then give it to the poor.....Christ, this is doing my bonnet in :badgrin:

I'm not rich, monetary speaking, but I'm filthy rich in other ways...Can't buy these things with shiny beads and golden trinkets...No Siree :eusa_whistle: I don't begrudge people being well off but I sure as hell can't stand freeloaders....If you haven't earned it, why should you have it?? :clap2:

Cammmpbell, your premise is incorrect. Jesus did not despise the wealthy. His friend, and owner of the tomb Jesus was laid in, Nicodemus was one of the wealthiest men on earth at the time.

The rich man was told by Jesus to give his riches away and the man chose his wealth over his opportunity to become one of Jesus' disciples. It was the man's LOVE of his wealth that was his downfall. Jesus never asked Nicodemus to get rid of his wealth (and Nic did follow Jesus) because He knew if He had, Nicodemus would have done it.
Do you see the difference?
You seem to resent churches receiving money, but churches also tithe and are charitable.
So let's see what Christ had to say concerning tithing to churches instead of giving it to the poor.
Matthew 23:23
Luke 11:42.
Christ said "tithe your mint and rue, as well you should, and do not forget the sojourner and the widow and orphan along the way................."
Jesus warned the priests that while they tithed to the letter of the Law they forsook the more important justice and the love of God in the process.

Tithing benefits us in this way which proves the God has nothing against wealth:
If you tithe 10% off the top, of your income, not after your bills are paid and your groceries are bought. (If it is not right off the top, don't bother), it voids the covenant, and then add 25% of the tithe amount, to the total tithe, God promises, (theist and atheist alike) to return the amount by 7 fold. It is the only time in the Bible where God says test me on this.
Income = $10.00
10% = $1.00 tithe
25% of $1.00= 25 cents (covenant amount)
total tithe = $1.25
Test Him, Cammpbell. The benefit was meant for you.

Last edited:
You left wing agnostic bigots would be surprised how much better Christian charities function than poverty pimp government plans.

Bullshit!

The money Christians leave there goes to pay for buildings, building expansions, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, vacation bible school, youth programs for the children of members, preacher's salary and travel expenses, religious retreats, a percentage for their convention or denomination headquarters, missionary work to brainwash children in other countries and change their culture, etc. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

Bullshit!

The money Christians leave there goes to pay for buildings, building expansions, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, vacation bible school, youth programs for the children of members, preacher's salary and travel expenses, religious retreats, a percentage for their convention or denomination headquarters, missionary work to brainwash children in other countries and change their culture, etc. THE POOR BE DAMNED!

Some Churches do have programs that help the poor, the misfortunate(like drug addicts) and other types of down trodden.

No--not all the money goes to those programs, but what did you think? That God provide for the finances of a church? God has not a dime to his name! That is why the church fleece their sheeps!!

Bullshit!

:eusa_hand: My church members sit in the church cafeteria every Monday and hand out church money and their own money to have people's electric turned back on, clothes for their children, groceries, rent, medicines, and any other need our town's people have. Most of the churches in town have food banks and close closets. Several have rented buildings just to hand out food, and clothes.
Are you sure we damn the poor?

Bullshit!

Some Churches do have programs that help the poor, the misfortunate(like drug addicts) and other types of down trodden.

No--not all the money goes to those programs, but what did you think? That God provide for the finances of a church? God has not a dime to his name! That is why the church fleece their sheeps!!

Remember your post about why some people find atheists annoying? The bolded statement is a good starting point.

Bullshit!

The poor bastards don't realize that god died in the big bang. He didn't listen when they told him not to play with his chemistry set.

Bullshit!

:eusa_hand: My church members sit in the church cafeteria every Monday and hand out church money and their own money to have people's electric turned back on, clothes for their children, groceries, rent, medicines, and any other need our town's people have. Most of the churches in town have food banks and close closets. Several have rented buildings just to hand out food, and clothes.
Are you sure we damn the poor?

Bingo is a form of tax on the poor.

Funny, I dont remember Christ saying despise the wealthy. I remember Him saying "Love your neighbor as yourself" I dont remember Him providing an exception when your neighbor has money

That's because he didn't say that.... but Cammmmpy has always been one to sacrifice truth for bullshit.

That's because he didn't say that.... but Cammmmpy has always been one to sacrifice truth for bullshit.

There's absolutely no proof whatsoever that Jesus ever said anything, so it's a moot point.

There's absolutely no proof whatsoever that Jesus ever said anything, so it's a moot point.

And yet, the OP titles this thread 'a dose of realism'. The irony of that is waaaay over your intellectual paygrade, idiot.

Oh yes there is.......go to that woman named Holly Bibble

Forum List

Back