Chuck Schumer fighting republican backed bill allowing cell phone calls.

How many times and why should I have to do it in the first place?
Because that is the solution.

No. The solution is that they don't call you in the first place. You do know you have to pay for both incoming and outgoing calls on a cell phone..don't ya?

I pay for plan minutes. Even with roll overs I still get 1000 minutes discarded a month.
I dont think a hundred phone calls could touch it.

Guess what? THAT DOESN'T WORK.

Why not? It works for others.

I guess because I got pegged as actually having money?

In any case..I kept a list of companies calling to make sure I wasn't going insane. And, sure enough, same companies. I asked to speak to managers, threatened lawsuits..nothing helped. So I got rid of my land line.

Guess you missed the part about CELL PHONES! Dumbass!

Because that is the solution.

No. The solution is that they don't call you in the first place. You do know you have to pay for both incoming and outgoing calls on a cell phone..don't ya?

I pay for plan minutes. Even with roll overs I still get 1000 minutes discarded a month.

I don't want them calling me, period. This is a service I pay for. I should not have to pay for harrassment.

Still wondering why is stopping a bill that would 'allow' telemarketers to call your cell a bad idea?

Doesn't that mean he is trying to prevent your cell from being flooded by telemarketers???

Liberal logic : Cell Phone numbers being called by telemarketers is evil

Slaughtering unborn children = Not evil.

I don't want them calling me, period. This is a service I pay for. I should not have to pay for harrassment.

I dont like the calls either.

However I am not on the anti job side as you.

and never phear.. if chuckie is successful he'll make sure he makes it okay for politicians and charities to call you uninvited.. yep he will,, wanna bet?

Still wondering why is stopping a bill that would 'allow' telemarketers to call your cell a bad idea?

Doesn't that mean he is trying to prevent your cell from being flooded by telemarketers???

I don't think anyone is saying it's a bad idea, it's just a waste of time when there is already methods put in place to prevent telemarketers from calling your cell phone.

You liberal idiots bitch when the house introduces bills you believe arent needed, so I don't understand the difference when the right does the same thing.

I don't think anyone is saying it's a bad idea, it's just a waste of time when there is already methods put in place to prevent telemarketers from calling your cell phone.

You liberal idiots bitch when the house introduces bills you believe arent needed, so I don't understand the difference when the right does the same thing.

Sallow said:
Is there anything republicans do that isn't just plain evil?
I think Sallow thinks it's a bad idea.

Why not? It works for others.

In any case..I kept a list of companies calling to make sure I wasn't going insane. And, sure enough, same companies. I asked to speak to managers, threatened lawsuits..nothing helped. So I got rid of my land line.

:lol:

Read the fucking OP...

The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA) was passed by the United States Congress in 1991 and signed into law by President George H. W. Bush as Public Law 102-243, amending the Communications Act of 1934. The current version of the statute is found principally at 47 U.S.C. 227. The TCPA is the primary law in the United States governing the conduct of telephone solicitations, i.e., telemarketing. The TCPA restricts the use of automatic dialing systems, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, SMS text messages received by cell phones, and the use of fax machines to send unsolicited advertisements. It also specifies several technical requirements for fax machines, autodialers, and voice messaging systems—principally with provisions requiring identification and contact information of the entity using the device to be contained in the message.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps..but I doubt it.

Read the fucking OP...

The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (TCPA) was passed by the United States Congress in 1991 and signed into law by President George H. W. Bush as Public Law 102-243, amending the Communications Act of 1934. The current version of the statute is found principally at 47 U.S.C. 227. The TCPA is the primary law in the United States governing the conduct of telephone solicitations, i.e., telemarketing. The TCPA restricts the use of automatic dialing systems, artificial or prerecorded voice messages, SMS text messages received by cell phones, and the use of fax machines to send unsolicited advertisements. It also specifies several technical requirements for fax machines, autodialers, and voice messaging systems—principally with provisions requiring identification and contact information of the entity using the device to be contained in the message.

Geez you are stupid!

Read the fucking OP...

Geez you are stupid!

I'm stupid? :lol:

I got rid of my land line because I was getting bombarded with telemarketing calls. Why? Because telemarketers had no restrictions from using automation to make those calls. They do on Cell phones because of that 1991 TCPA. Hence it is financially prohibitive for them to even try to call Cell Phones. Republicans want to remove that restriction.

Logic..really shouldn't be a part of your Moniker...you know.

Because it is something you never, ever, employ.

How bizarre is it that there probably isn't one rightwing nut on this board who wants to get his cellphone bombarded with telemarketing calls, but most of them will turn around and support this just because the Democrats oppose it.

You people are mentally deranged.

You know damn good and well that if this were a Democratic sponsored bill to allow telemarketers to flood cellular phones with calls, the right would be over it like flies on shit. Limpballs wouldn't be able to stop talking about it and Hannity would rail about it night after night on a continuous loop.

Truly sad...

How bizarre is it that there probably isn't one rightwing nut on this board who wants to get his cellphone bombarded with telemarketing calls, but most of them will turn around and support this just because the Democrats oppose it.

You people are mentally deranged.

You know damn good and well that if this were a Democratic sponsored bill to allow telemarketers to flood cellular phones with calls, the right would be over it like flies on shit. Limpballs wouldn't be able to stop talking about it and Hannity would rail about it night after night on a continuous loop.

Truly sad...

It is.

In another thread where Scott Brown, a republican, rolled out a bill prohibiting insider trading by people in Congress..I expressed support for that.

I'll admit to being partisan..but if someone has a good idea..I ain't going to immediately denounce it because it comes from the other side.

Forum List

Back