Chuck Schumer fighting republican backed bill allowing cell phone calls.

:lol:

Read the fucking OP...

Hope that helps..but I doubt it.

Geez you are stupid!

I'm stupid? :lol:

I got rid of my land line because I was getting bombarded with telemarketing calls. Why? Because telemarketers had no restrictions from using automation to make those calls. They do on Cell phones because of that 1991 TCPA. Hence it is financially prohibitive for them to even try to call Cell Phones. Republicans want to remove that restriction.

Logic..really shouldn't be a part of your Moniker...you know.

Because it is something you never, ever, employ.

Yea you're stupid. The subject of this discussion is about CELL PHONES!!

You're dumbass brings up land lines which has no bearing on this topic!

Geez you are stupid!

I'm stupid? :lol:

I got rid of my land line because I was getting bombarded with telemarketing calls. Why? Because telemarketers had no restrictions from using automation to make those calls. They do on Cell phones because of that 1991 TCPA. Hence it is financially prohibitive for them to even try to call Cell Phones. Republicans want to remove that restriction.

Logic..really shouldn't be a part of your Moniker...you know.

Because it is something you never, ever, employ.

Yea you're stupid. The subject of this discussion is about CELL PHONES!!

You're dumbass brings up land lines which has no bearing on this topic!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M]Who's on first? - YouTube[/ame]

Third base. :lol:

Um.... did anyone (besides me) actually READ or research HR 3035... the bill Schumer opposes?

The Mobile Informational Call Act of 2011
H.R. 3035 would modernize the TCPA by:
- Exempting informational calls from the restriction on auto-dialer and
artificial/prerecorded voice calls to wireless numbers;
- Clarifying the "prior express consent" requirement to ensure that the
TCPA facilitates communications between consumers and the
businesses with which they choose to interact.
- H.R. 3035 will also continue the prohibition against the use of assistive
technologies to make telemarketing calls to wireless numbers

Schumer is apparently mistaken in his believe that this bill would allow cell phones to be flooded with telemarketing calls.

Um.... did anyone (besides me) actually READ or research HR 3035... the bill Schumer opposes?

Schumer is apparently mistaken in his believe that this bill would allow cell phones to be flooded with telemarketing calls.

So Schumer is once again lying.

The shock!!!!!

No he's not.

Financially, it makes so sense to have a human dialing the phone. It just takes to long.

Is there anything republicans do that isn't just plain evil? :evil:

United States Senator Charles Schumer, Of New York, Trying To Block Mobile Information Call Act From Allowing Telemarketers To Call Cell Phones « CBS New York

I got rid of my land line because of telemarketers and robocalls.
And when they call your cell phone you say:
"Please take me off your call list" then hang up.
No Senator needed! How hard is that?

How many times and why should I have to do it in the first place?
I've been doing it once or wrice a year for I guess about 5 or 6 year when I first heard I can do that. In fact it's California law, I don't know about the other 56 states.

How f*ckin' hard is it to hang up on someone? Are you really THAT WEAK? :confused:

So Schumer is once again lying.

The shock!!!!!

He's not "lying" at all.

No he's not.

Financially, it makes so sense to have a human dialing the phone. It just takes to long.
ok... I'm confused...

You are against the use of automated systems to call cell phones, right?

HR 3035 'continues' the previous prohibition of automated systems calling cell phones.

What am I missing here? How would continuing the prohibition allow MORE cell phone calls from telemarketers and such?

I've been doing it once or wrice a year for I guess about 5 or 6 year when I first heard I can do that. In fact it's California law, I don't know about the other 56 states.

How f*ckin' hard is it to hang up on someone? Are you really THAT WEAK? :confused:

That would change if automated calling were allowed for Cell phones. I was getting several a day on my land line. I may have been pegged because I donate to multiple charities..and I think one of the ways they derive income is selling their donor lists.

It is known to conservatives as 'personal choice'.

No one is forcing you to answer the phone. You do know that, right? I quite often let mine go to voicemail.
But it costs minutes whether I answer the call or check my voice mail. Why should the GOP force me to piss away my monthly minutes on nuisance calls?

No he's not.

ok... I'm confused...

HR 3035 'continues' the previous prohibition of automated systems calling cell phones.

What am I missing here? How would continuing the prohibition allow MORE cell phone calls from telemarketers and such?

It's a "cute" workaround.

I already get telemarketer calls and texts on my cell phone. Not a lot, but some. And a big difference here is that it can cost the user minutes/texts depending on their plan and that's pretty lame.

No he's not.

ok... I'm confused...

you're 'assuming' that companies will try to argue that an informational call (hi, someone may have breached your account, Mr. Sallow) can be used to sell something (hi, someone may have breached your account, Mr. Sallow... oh, btw, would you like a time share in Vegas, cheap?) as long as the main purpose was informational.

I think you're stretching it a tad.

For folks who have plans where they have to pay for each incoming call, this bill would be a good idea.

For those who don't have to worry about it, take care of it yourself with the Do Not Call list.

Last edited:
ok... I'm confused...

you're 'assuming' that companies will try to argue that an informational call (hi, someone may have breached your account, Mr. Sallow) can be used to sell something (hi, someone may have breached your account, Mr. Sallow... oh, btw, would you like a time share in Vegas, cheap?) as long as the main purpose was informational.

I think you're stretching it a tad.

Not only argue..insist. That's the majority of what I got on my landline.

That doesn't surprise me. Liberals are the dumbest people in this country and they prove it time and time again.

No one is forcing you to answer the phone. You do know that, right? I quite often let mine go to voicemail.
But it costs minutes whether I answer the call or check my voice mail. Why should the GOP force me to piss away my monthly minutes on nuisance calls?
I agree with that.

For the folks who have to pay for incoming calls, this bill is a good idea. For the folks who have unlimited plans, this bill should not include them.

Laws are supposed to be specific and limit the fewest individuals and/or organizations as possible.

I agree with that.

For the folks who have to pay for incoming calls, this bill is a good idea. For the folks who have unlimited plans, this bill should not include them.

Laws are supposed to be specific and limit the fewest individuals and/or organizations as possible.

Apart from the fact that this might violate the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment, it's completely impractical. How the hell is a telemarketer supposed to know what sort of plan a person has?

Forum List

Back