Chuck Schumer fighting republican backed bill allowing cell phone calls.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Is there anything republicans do that isn't just plain evil? :evil:

United States Senator Charles Schumer, Of New York, Trying To Block Mobile Information Call Act From Allowing Telemarketers To Call Cell Phones « CBS New York

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Sen. Charles Schumer says he’ll do everything he can stop a bill in the House of Representatives that would allow telemarketers to flood personal cell phones.

“There’s nothing more intrusive than telemarketers calling in the middle of dinner or when you’re in the middle of a heavy conversation with somebody,” Schumer says.

I got rid of my land line because of telemarketers and robocalls.

How is stupiid old chucki gonna stop anything that goes on in the House of Representatives? dayummm he dumb.

United States Senator Charles Schumer, Of New York, Trying To Block Mobile Information Call Act From Allowing Telemarketers To Call Cell Phones « CBS New York

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Sen. Charles Schumer says he’ll do everything he can stop a bill in the House of Representatives that would allow telemarketers to flood personal cell phones.

“There’s nothing more intrusive than telemarketers calling in the middle of dinner or when you’re in the middle of a heavy conversation with somebody,” Schumer says.
And when they call your cell phone you say:
"Please take me off your call list" then hang up. No Senator needed! How hard is that?

and secondly, it's already a done deal.... so go to the national do no call list and register each cell phone there..

"Please take me off your call list" then hang up.
No Senator needed! How hard is that?

How many times and why should I have to do it in the first place?

Because that is the solution.

How bizarre is it that there probably isn't one rightwing nut on this board who wants to get his cellphone bombarded with telemarketing calls, but most of them will turn around and support this just because the Democrats oppose it.

You people are mentally deranged.

It is known to conservatives as 'personal choice'.

No one is forcing you to answer the phone. You do know that, right? I quite often let mine go to voicemail.

Why is stopping a bill that would 'allow' telemarketers to call your cell a bad idea?

Doesn't that mean he is trying to prevent your cell from being flooded by telemarketers???

As many times as needed and to prove that you're not the lazy American Obama speaks of.

It is known to conservatives as 'personal choice'.

No one is forcing you to answer the phone. You do know that, right? I quite often let mine go to voicemail.

I screen all calls via voice mail if I do not recognize the number.

Of course! Why do anything for yourself when you can have the government - ie. everyone else - do it!

"Please take me off your call list" then hang up. No Senator needed! How hard is that?

Guess what? THAT DOESN'T WORK.

Why not? It works for others.

It's worked for me. I have never had a telemarketer call my cell phone.

Why not? It works for others.

I guess because I got pegged as actually having money?

In any case..I kept a list of companies calling to make sure I wasn't going insane. And, sure enough, same companies. I asked to speak to managers, threatened lawsuits..nothing helped. So I got rid of my land line.

Forum List

Back