Chuck Schumer Agrees Pot needs to be Decriminalized

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Wow, the dude has more sense than I gave him credit for.

We have wasted enough lives, time, effort and treasure on this idiotic War on Pot.

End this crap already.

Chuck Schumer Backs Effort to Decriminalize Marijuana: My Position ā€˜Has Evolvedā€™

Schumer said in a statement released Friday:

The time has come to decriminalize marijuana. My thinking ā€“ as well as the general populationā€™s views ā€“ on the issue has evolved, and so I believe thereā€™s no better time than the present to get this done. Itā€™s simply the right thing to do. This legislation would let the states be the laboratories that they should be, ensure that woman and minority-owned business have a fair shot in the marijuana industry, invests in critical research on THC, and ensures that advertisers canā€™t target children ā€“ itā€™s a balanced approach.

Schumer outlined that his legislation would remove marijuana from the list of scheduled substances under the U.S. Controlled Substances Act of 1970. The leading Senate Democrat also suggested that his bill would also respect statesā€™ rights to prevent the federal government from cracking down on states that have legalized marijuana.

The Senate Minority Leader added in a tweet on Friday, ā€œAnd under existing law, the federal government considers marijuana as dangerous as heroin and treats it less favorably than cocaine. That has to change.ā€​

We have wasted enough lives, time, effort and treasure on this idiotic War on Pot.

End this crap already.

Chuck Schumer Backs Effort to Decriminalize Marijuana: My Position ā€˜Has Evolvedā€™

The time has come to decriminalize marijuana. My thinking ā€“ as well as the general populationā€™s views ā€“ on the issue has evolved, and so I believe thereā€™s no better time than the present to get this done. Itā€™s simply the right thing to do. This legislation would let the states be the laboratories that they should be, ensure that woman and minority-owned business have a fair shot in the marijuana industry, invests in critical research on THC, and ensures that advertisers canā€™t target children ā€“ itā€™s a balanced approach.

Schumer outlined that his legislation would remove marijuana from the list of scheduled substances under the U.S. Controlled Substances Act of 1970. The leading Senate Democrat also suggested that his bill would also respect statesā€™ rights to prevent the federal government from cracking down on states that have legalized marijuana.

The Senate Minority Leader added in a tweet on Friday, ā€œAnd under existing law, the federal government considers marijuana as dangerous as heroin and treats it less favorably than cocaine. That has to change.ā€​

Listing it as a Schedule 1 substance has always been ridiculous. I'd like to see a good test to use when checking drivers, but otherwise, I don't see a good reason for marijuana to be a focus of law enforcement.

End this crap already.

You mean the stupid SOB wants something that is actually right for society, Oh wait we can bet this prick will tax the hell out o fit while filling his pockets with it all LOL.

I don't think allowing pot is a good idea, except it will kill the illegals drug coming in the southern border. What will they do for their economy?

Pot is a dangerous substance and should be recriminalized.
Anyone smoking pot in public should do hard time. Those driving while high on pot should be incarcerated and lose their drivers license.
Most pot advocates are in the dark regarding the danger and are kept that way by pot lobby propagandists and corrupt politicians.

End this crap already.

He's a little late to the party, and, he has seen how the pot economy has revived Colorado into a booming state.

I don't think allowing pot is a good idea, except it will kill the illegals drug coming in the southern border. What will they do for their economy?
Heroin, fentanyl, human beings, weapons, cheaper pot. It will hardly cause a blip.

Pot is a dangerous substance and should be recriminalized.
Anyone smoking pot in public should do hard time. Those driving while high on pot should be incarcerated and lose their drivers license.
Most pot advocates are in the dark regarding the danger and are kept that way by pot lobby propagandists and corrupt politicians.

How dangerous is dangerous? Many substances are, or can be, dangerous.

You think politicians have been hiding the dangers of marijuana? It's a Schedule 1 controlled substance, alongside heroin, FFS. If anything, politicians have long been wildly overstating the danger of marijuana.

An FDA panel recently approved a drug made from marijuana, yet it remains listed by the DEA as a drug with a high potential for abuse and no medical benefits. More than half of the states, plus Guam, Puerto Rico, and DC allow medical marijuana, yet the federal government, in the form of the DEA, continues to say marijuana has no accepted medical use.

FDA panel approves marijuana-based epilepsy drug

How have corrupt politicians and pot lobby propagandists hidden the dangers, precisely?

How have corrupt politicians and pot lobby propagandists hidden the dangers, precisely?
By promoting pot as benign and medicinal with no caveat warning of the anxiety and derealization impact it has on people.
They discount and obfuscate the threat pot poses in order to justify the potential tax revenue.
People don't randomly and publicly inject their other epilepsy medicines into other people using the excuse that it's medicinal to justify their assault, do they? Crock.

By promoting pot as benign and medicinal with no caveat warning of the anxiety and derealization impact it has on people.
They discount and obfuscate the threat pot poses in order to justify the potential tax revenue.
People don't randomly and publicly inject their other epilepsy medicines into other people using the excuse that it's medicinal to justify their assault, do they? Crock.
I'll be you watch Reefer Madness often.

Meh.
Shumer didn't change his views.
Like a good liberal, he has seen a new government revenue source.

Government makes a lot of money off sin taxes on alcohol, tobacco, and pulls revenue from state sponsored lotteries and gambling.
Might as well add weed.

End this crap already.

The only rights that Dims care about involve various vices, whether it be illicit drugs that kill about 200 people a day, being able to embrace sexual deviancy, where gay males account for about 80% of STD and AIDS cases even though they are less than 10% of the population, and abortion where over 50 million unborn children have died.

Other than that, they wish to deny us all our rights.

The only rights that Dims care about involve various vices, whether it be illicit drugs that kill about 200 people a day, being able to embrace sexual deviancy, where gay males account for about 80% of STD and AIDS cases even though they are less than 10% of the population, and abortion where over 50 million unborn children have died.

Other than that, they wish to deny us all our rights.
Keeping the masses stoned, dependent and ignorant works well for the Progressives on the the left or the right.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back