Christ's Bad Press

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
From pulpit to pulpit, Sunday after Sunday, our Father has been likened to a brutal, uncaring monster even surpassing Adolph Hitler.

It has been estimated that since Adamā€™s fall there in the Garden, some 60 billion humans have been born, lived, are living now, or have died. It is further estimated that of this number only a mere 1 ā€“ 2 per cent were really saved Christians. Most preachers will tell you that these are doomed to burn in hellfire forever. This means, by their reckoning, that some 50 billion folks will burn in hell fire by a heartless creator who delights in seeing His creation perish.

By the pulpit account, Satan has already won all the marbles and the vast majority of mankind might just as well throw in the towel now and resign themselves to a fiery future of everlasting torment ā€“ payment exacted by their creator for seventy years on unbelief.

Some say our Father has sentenced many to a fiery place of punishment already. They claim that when an unbeliever dies, his soul or spirit goes directly to this place of fiery punishment which they claim to be hell, purgatory, Abrahamā€™s bosom or paradise or some other name (which equates to the same thing whether Platoism or Danteā€™s Inferno or what ever) wherein the unbeliever is punished until the judgment.

Psa 9:8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness

A just God who does not pervert justice. It would be a perverted justice for God to send people to a fiery place of punishment upon their deaths only to call them forth at the resurrection and then open up some books which might shed some light as to their true guilt. Such would be a kangaroo court and a sham of justice and due process.

God established a government over the nation of Israel which lasted for over 400 years and held a set of laws that protected the poor and the unborn. The law required a minimum of two witnesses against every offense. Our Father has not pre-sentenced anyone to a fiery hell without a trial. The judgment day is the trial day for the unbeliever.

Psa 89:14 Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.

Others say the elect will judge the unbeliever guilty in the Great White Throne Judgment, grab him by the arms and cast him alive into a huge lake of fire and brimstone. Even their own kin will the elect cast into this burning pit of hell fire. I say No.

I believe we should investigate this all important issue just to see what our Bibles actually reveal on the subject of the status of the unbeliever.

Shall we begin our investigation?

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (I John 4:14)!

How could any professing Christian who has been taught to ā€œjudge not lest ye be judgedā€ and ā€œLove your enemiesā€ find it anywhere in their hearts or minds to believe that God the Father gave our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Jehova God, a commission that could only be hoped for, but never to be accomplished? Do you yourself believe that Jesus Christ will FAIL TO LIVE UP TO HIS NAME?

One cannot be the "SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD," and yet, NOT SAVE THE WORLD!

Here is the meaning of the name itself, "Jesus=Jehovah Saviour."

Here is the truth of what His Living Word, the Holy Bible has to say on this most important of all subjects:

"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come into the KNOWLEDGE of the truth" (I Tim. 2:4).

ALL MEN, brothers and sisters. Not just a select few. The few chosen now are to be kings and priests with the Christ. They will come forth from the early harvest ā€“ the first resurrection.

"For God sent NOT his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that THE WORLD through Him [Jehovah-SAVIOUR] might be SAVED" (John 3:17)!

This is the very reason He came into the world.

"And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge Him not, for I [Jehovah-SAVIOUR] came not to judge the world, but to SAVE THE WORLD" (John 12:47)!

Christ hasnā€™t judged any human being yet. He has not sent anyone forth into a fiery pit of hellfire. He says He hasnā€™t and He never lies. Man lies. The churches lie. Our Fatherā€™s words are TRUTH.

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Saviour of ALL MEN, especially [but not exclusively] of those who believe" (I Tim. 4:10).

A very beautiful and comforting verse. He is the Savior of ALL MEN. Even my drunken brother will eventually come into the knowledge and saving grace of our heavenly Father.

"The Lordā€¦is NOT WILLING that ANY should perish [eternally]ā€¦" (I Peter. 3:9).
See? He doesnā€™t say He ā€œwishesā€ everyone to be saved and not perish. Heā€™s saying that He is not ā€œwillingā€ that any should perish. He ainā€™t gonna ALLOW it to happen.

"ā€¦for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, [Jehovah-SAVIOUR], the Saviour of THE WORLD" (John 4:42)!

"To wit that God was in Christ [Jehovah-SAVIOUR], reconciling THE WORLD unto Himself, NOT imputing their trespasses unto themā€¦" (II Cor. 5:19)!

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation [will you accept it?] that Christ Jesus [Jehovah-SAVIOUR] came into THE WORLD to SAVE SINNERSā€¦" (I Tim. 1:15)!

Did you get that? God was in Christ. This was God the Fatherā€™s will. He doesnā€™t impute oneā€™s sins against them. Why should the church condemn them all to hell if God the Father doesnā€™t?

"And I, if I be lifted up [on the cross] from the earth, will draw ALL MEN UNTO ME" (John 12:32).

Again thereā€™s the great words ā€œALL MENā€. Not just the elect, not just the chosen, not just church members ā€“ ALL MEN.
"And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ourā€™s only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).
Yes. Absolutely. The sins of the WHOLE WORLD. EVERYBODYā€™S.

"For the EARTH shall be FILLED with the KNOWLEDGE of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea" (Habakkuk 2:14).

"For when Thy [Godā€™s] JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will LEARN [thatā€™s KNOWLEDGE] righteousness" (Isaiah 26:9).

"The next day John sees Jesus coming unto him, and says, Behold the Lamb of God, which TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD" (John 1:29).

Right there in the Jordan River, Christ took on ALL THE| SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. On the cross, He paid with His precious blood and water the penalty in blood sacrifice for ALL THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD.

"There is NONE that seeks after God" (Rom. 3:11b).
None of us do. We canā€™t. We have a carnal mind. He condemned us all so He could SAVE US ALL.

"NO MAN CAN COME TO ME [by his own free will choice] except the Father which has sent me DRAW HIM [Greek: DRAG HIM] and I WILL raise him up at the last day" (John 6:44).

The ā€œelectā€ or ā€œsaintsā€ did absolutely nothing to warrant their election. They donā€™t deserve it no more than the worst sinner does. They were chosen by God and it is only His grace that makes them eligible for the first resurrection. They canā€™t brag at all.

"For it is GOD which works IN you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

"For by grace are ye saved through FAITH; and that [that ā€˜FAITHā€™] is NOT OF YOURSELVES [well where does it come from then, if not from US?]; it is the GIFT OF GOD" (Eph. 2:
glasses.gif

Heā€™s where the grace that saves comes from. It ainā€™t because weā€™re prettier than those who arenā€™t saved yet.

"That at the name of Jesus [Jehovah-Saviourā€”THEIR Saviour] EVERY knee should bow, in heaven, and in earth, and under the earth; and that EVERY tongue should confess [ā€˜That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised Him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED, Rom. 10:9)] that Jesus Christ [The Christ that God ā€˜raised from the dead.ā€™

Christ was already ā€˜RISENā€™ when this was written in Phil. 2:11] is Lord [ā€˜Lordā€™ means ā€˜masterā€™ā€”acknowledging Christ as Master of their lives], to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:10-11).
"God is operating ALL in all" (I Cor. 12:6)

"Yet ALL is of God" (II Cor. 5:1
glasses.gif

"For OF Him, and THROUGH Him, and TO Him, ARE ALL THINGS: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Rom. 11:34)

"ā€¦being predestinated according to the purpose of Him Who works ALL THINGS after the counsel of His OWN WILL" (Eph. 1:11).

"I am the vine, you are the branches ā€¦ for without me you can do NOTHING" (John 15:5).

We are permitted to do as long as it doesnā€™t upset or try to change His plan.

We come now to the Grand Finale!!

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

There you have it! The man will himself will be saved from the fire!!!

Things for the dead may have well been decided but NOT acted on. The idea of that would destroy the rising.

The FIRST group that IS going to heaven shall see the NEW kingdom desend from the heavens.

The second group destine for hell will see it AFTER it has desended.

What would be the point of SHOWING the rising if you only lifted those who died the day before?

Things for the dead may have well been decided but NOT acted on. The idea of that would destroy the rising.

The FIRST group that IS going to heaven shall see the NEW kingdom desend from the heavens.

What would be the point of SHOWING the rising if you only lifted those who died the day before?

To be perfectly honest, I don't see Heaven as a destination for the saved. I see the saved having a tremendous job right here on earth during Christ's millennial Kingdom. I don't think he plans on the saved flying off to eons of playing harps and eating grapes and figs in Heaven. The saved are to be kings, priests, and judges right here on earth. I really don't fully understand your question.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see Heaven as a destination for the saved. I see the saved having a tremendous job right here on earth during Christ's millennial Kingdom. I don't think he plans on the saved flying off to eons of playing harps and eating grapes and figs in Heaven. The saved are to be kings, priests, and judges right here on earth. I really don't fully understand your question.
I agree to the earth part. From what I have read we march INTO the earth bound kingdom to protect us from the coming destruction.

Once we are in THEN the second rising of the dead for those going to hell. And they burn outside the walls thus completes the second death.

Your embellishments and speculations regarding the ancient stories notwithstanding, your faith is impressive and expressed.

Kudos! :thup:
And the embellishments are both entertaining and understood ass-u-me-ing one has a grasp of the basic traditions.

Double kudos! :thup: :thup:

I agree to the earth part. From what I have read we march INTO the earth bound kingdom to protect us from the coming destruction.

Once we are in THEN the second rising of the dead for those going to hell. And they burn outside the walls thus completes the second death.

I'm sorry but I have not read that anywhere in the Scriptures myself.

John 5:29 and come out--those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

When you said "Satan has already won all the marbles and the vast majority of mankind might just as well throw in the towel now and resign..." You touch on the "end times" being upon us.

It truly surprises me that speculation about the carnage in the Middle East being the beginning of The Biblical end isn't easier to find. Especially with Russia trying to fill the power vacuum created over the last ten years.

When you said "Satan has already won all the marbles and the vast majority of mankind might just as well throw in the towel now and resign..." You touch on the "end times" being upon us.

It truly surprises me that speculation about the carnage in the Middle East being the beginning of The Biblical end isn't easier to find. Especially with Russia trying to fill the power vacuum created over the last ten years.
I recall reading something about a "great army" coming from the north and crossing the Euphrates river. Russia is north of the Euphrates.

According to a Bible teacher named Chuck Missler, Ezekiel Chapter 37 is a vivid foretelling of an invasion of the Middle East by Russia that lights the fuse for Armageddon. Including the use of nuclear weapons, described in detail.

Very exciting times!

According to a Bible teacher named Chuck Missler, Ezekiel Chapter 37 is a vivid foretelling of an invasion of the Middle East by Russia that lights the fuse for Armageddon. Including the use of nuclear weapons, described in detail.

Very exciting times!
I remember reading it just not where its found.

John 5:29 and come out--those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Condemned doesn't necessarily mean death. There is a judgement that these who are raised again in flesh bodies will face. Their works will be tried by fire whether they be gold, silver, precious stones or wood, hay, and stubble however the Scriptures say the man himself shall be saved out of it.

Like I say, there is a tremendous job ahead for the resurrected saints. The whole creation awaits in anticipation of the appearing of the sons of God. What a re-education program that will be.

Very exciting times!

Yes, many do believe we are running quickly toward the end of the age. Even the apostasy Paul spoke of is almost complete. With the direction the United States has chosen to take, I wonder myself if Christ will find any faith at all on earth when He returns. The major players in the end time appear to be gathering together even now. The time of Jacob's trouble appears to be at hand.

Forum List

Back