Christopher Columbus' So-Called American 'Discovery' Leaves Little To Celebrate

There never was any 'genocide' against the Indian population.

It's one of those America-hater's bumper-stickers that imbeciles believe.

Raise your paw.
There was no genocide against Natives?
What exactly would you call it?
You were there right?
What would you call it?

When Colombus "discovered" America there were over 10 million natives... by 1900 there were around 300,000. As a historian, I call that genocide. What do you call it.
Damn right. Ole Chris killed them all!
Genocide-
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Yes. They were victims of genocide.
Chris lined up off shore and barraged the mainland with cannon fire until they were gone. I think they deserved it.

So there are no native americans left? Thsts a bit of news to me. We shoild have wiped them out, but we didn't.
Genocide doesn't require the entire group be killed. Just a large portion. The native Americans were certainly victims of genocide.

Genocide- the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

There was no genocide against Natives?
What exactly would you call it?
You were there right?
What would you call it?

When Colombus "discovered" America there were over 10 million natives... by 1900 there were around 300,000. As a historian, I call that genocide. What do you call it.
Damn right. Ole Chris killed them all!
Genocide-
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Yes. They were victims of genocide.
Chris lined up off shore and barraged the mainland with cannon fire until they were gone. I think they deserved it.
Why's that?

So there are no native americans left? Thsts a bit of news to me. We shoild have wiped them out, but we didn't.
Genocide doesn't require the entire group be killed. Just a large portion. The native Americans were certainly victims of genocide.

Genocide- the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
Maybe like todays feral black population they should have learned how to behave and act civilized.

What exactly was so "great" about him?

Had he NOT discovered that there was another whole land to the West, do you think no one else would have found North America? Oh, that's right, the Vikings had already discovered North America.

How many Native Americans did the Vikings butcher?

You refused to answer my question. Why?

My four grandparents are Scandanavian. Either Norway or Denmark. So all their ancestors were either Vikings or slaves. So I could be an heir to either or none.

I forgot to ever ask them if any of their ancestors killed Native Americans. How foolish of me!

Maybe like todays feral black population they should have learned how to behave and act civilized.
Oooo you're disgusting.

Natives lived much more civilly than we do in my opinion.

Columbus Day is another great American holiday that the dumb Troglocrats can’t enjoy

It's a holiday based on lies and genocide.

columbus_illegal_big.jpg

Native American Genocide

1. The decimation of Indian populations stemmed only rarely from massacres or military actions, but the majority of Indian deaths came from infectious disease. There is the romanticized view that paints the settlers as barbaric, and the Indians as peaceful victims.

It is a myth that finds a home among America haters, who attempt to use slander of the settlers as a proxy for slandering today's Americans

2. Genocide means deliberate and systematic. As described by the UN Convention, Article II, it involves “ a series of brutal acts committed with intent to destroy, …a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group as such.”

No such thing happened.

3. Guenter Lewy (born 1923, Germany) is an author and historian, and a professor emeritus of political science at the University of Massachusetts. In September 2004, Lewy published an essay entitled Were American Indians the Victims of Genocide ?in which he says [Ward] Churchill's assertion that the U.S. Army intentionally spread smallpox among American Indians by distributing infected blankets in 1837 is false. Lewy calls Churchill's claim of 100,000 deaths from the incident "obviously absurd".

4. During the 4 centuries following European entry into North America, Indian population fell. By the beginning of the 20th Century, officials found only 250,000 Indians in the territory of the US, as opposed to 2,476,000 identified as “American Indians or Alaska Natives” in the 2000 census. Scholars estimate pre-Columbian North American population range from 1.2 million (1928 tribe-by-tribe assessment) up to 20 million by activists.

5. The only way one can claim the disease induced deaths of the natives was a "genocide" is by also attributing the deaths in Europe from the Black Plague as a genocide, as well.

Go ahead.....the plague began in Egypt....so you'll have to claim it was an Arab genocide.

A lot of those who died of disease died because they were forced to live on reservations with bad food and in harsh foreign environments. There were times when politicians did sanction the hunting down of Indians for bounty , so its pretty hard to say there was no genocide. Was that the whole story of America though? no , not at all. There is also the story of hardship and sacrifice among the new settlers as well. just as most Americans never owned slaves. It's always easy for people to only want to look at one side, depending on what side they are on. But as Americans we should use all this history to celebrate the fact that we have learned from the past. Many horrible things that were done , we could not ever dream of doing. Its time to move on which Is why I'm all for leaving Columbus day intact.

Oooo you're disgusting.

You were there right? You don't have any idea how they lived, except what you have been brainwashed to accept.

Christopher Columbus...

The founder of Nova Europa...

Displacing primitive, inferior pseudo-civilizations and pseudo-cultures who weren't doing anything worthwhile with the place, anyway...

Vae victus..

It took Balls of Steel to sail across the Atlantic when it was not known where (indeed, if at all) some other shoreline and landfall might appear...

Gutsy move, Don Cristobal...

Thanks for the exclusive on the extra hemisphere...

We put it to good use...

Oooo you're disgusting.

You were there right? You don't have any idea how they lived, except what you have been brainwashed to accept.
They had a much deeper respect for human life and our planet than we have. That can be proven by many aspects of their culture.

Oooo you're disgusting.

They had a much deeper respect for human life and our planet than we have. That can be proven by many aspects of their culture.
Right. That's why they burned people alive and tied them down in the desert and stuck arrows in womens armpits, etc etc etc etc etc.

So? Native Americans committed genocide too. They were particularly brutal too.

Happy Columbus Day. He was a great man we all should honor.

The proper term is "Siberian Americans". Native American means anyone born in America.

Oooo you're disgusting.

Some of them did. Many did not as well and erradicated each other. They did have their own horrific torture techniques. you are aware of that right? On the other hand, just because they did not dress like us and have buildings like we do did not mean they did not have orderly societies. I'm thinking much of their survival depended on being orderly and having strong traditions and knowledge of medicine

Oooo you're disgusting.

Right. That's why they burned people alive and tied them down in the desert and stuck arrows in womens armpits, etc etc etc etc etc.
And their white counterparts never did anything of the sort

:beer:

Oooo you're disgusting.

And their white counterparts never did anything of the sort

:beer:
Correct. You are getting with it now.

Forum List

Back