Christmas season is what is saving jobs

Last Christmas you didn't have 800 billion dollatrs in taxpayer money floating the economy.

So, are you now admitting that the stimulus money is helping? Are you admitting that the stimulus has helped us not lose the 700,000 jobs that we saw under BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH?

The ONLY reason why there wasn't another fucked month under the Obama bailout plan was that States like California and New York received BILLIONS of dollars in Federal aid so the States could meet their payrolls and NOT lay off 10's of thousands for the holidays....that's your job savings...all government....the private sector is hiring seasonal employees.....just like they do every year.

Wanna bet? I live in Virginia. DO you have the data on Virginia seasonal hiring?

800 billion in stimulus money floating jobs?
I thought only a small fraction of that had been spent?

I know for a fact that only a FRACTION of that amount has been spent to date. I'm still trying to get my head arouund what the hell PP is saying. Hopefully, he will clarify his statements with some facts and/or data. Oh wait, It's Patek, what the hell was I thinking?:cuckoo:

You see...every single day you dig yourself into the hole deeper and deeper.....and what fraction does 157 billion dollars out of 787 billion dollars equal!? Your so smart, you think you know it all, you think you have answers for everything that's wrong with the country...tell us...make your case right now why anyone here should listen to what you say and lend any credibility to it whatsoever....

make your case to the board!

Correction.....327 billion has been handed out by the government...so genius...what's the fraction you speak of....327 billion is what fraction of 787 billion...

Last edited:
So, are you now admitting that the stimulus money is helping? Are you admitting that the stimulus has helped us not lose the 700,000 jobs that we saw under BOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH?

The ONLY reason why there wasn't another fucked month under the Obama bailout plan was that States like California and New York received BILLIONS of dollars in Federal aid so the States could meet their payrolls and NOT lay off 10's of thousands for the holidays....that's your job savings...all government....the private sector is hiring seasonal employees.....just like they do every year.

Wanna bet? I live in Virginia. DO you have the data on Virginia seasonal hiring?

Do you? Or are you saying it's ALL government employment in Va. that's been saved by the Porkbarrel stimulus you have placed so much faith in.

Last edited:
link to how much stimulus money has been spent.

A headline I saw a few days ago said 20 some billion had been spent.

Virginia got an 18 billion dollar check from Uncle Sam....they are using it to keep their State government and entitlement programs alive.

That Recovery website is 100% government issue. I see the total funds awarded are $158b., yet $237b. has been paid out according to the graph further down the page. Sounds like a lot of overhead costs or fraud to me.

Virginia got an 18 billion dollar check from Uncle Sam....they are using it to keep their State government and entitlement programs alive.

So again, are you admitting that the stimulus is working and creating or saving jobs?

Specify the employer.

Creating tax-payer funded jobs with stimulus money is stupid VaYank and I know you know why.

You need to create private sector jobs that actually ADD TAX REVENUE to the government. To keep taking from a shrinking private sector to grow the privately funded (taxdollars) public sector job market is a failing formula, eventually the system will break down. Just look to Britian.

We are going to end up saying this stuff in 10 years if we keep up on the current track

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs[/ame]

The stimulus hasn't got jack shit to do with Holiday Seasonal employment and you know it. Are you always this dishonest when you post.....uh...uh....let me answer that for you YES!!!! Spin, deflect, obfuscate....you do it all the time....but you just aren't that good at it because everyone sees through your charade...just like they did on the MSNBC boards.

Last edited:
The only reason why there hasn't been as many jobs shed in November is the Christmas shopping season. That is what is keeping employers from shedding the normal amount of jobs and after the season is over its going to be a huge increase in job cuts.

I called this one almost 2 months ago ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/94085-christmas-season-will-hiring-ease-unemployment.html

How many times does the phrase "SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT" have to be mentioned in one thread? I'll try again. NORMAL SEASONAL VARIATIONS, SUCH AS CHRISTMAS HIRING AND THE CUTS IN JANUARY ARE FILTERED OUT OF THE EMPLOYMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT STATISTICS....THEY DON'T HAVE ANY EFFECT.

The only reason why there hasn't been as many jobs shed in November is the Christmas shopping season. That is what is keeping employers from shedding the normal amount of jobs and after the season is over its going to be a huge increase in job cuts.

I called this one almost 2 months ago ;)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/94085-christmas-season-will-hiring-ease-unemployment.html

How many times does the phrase "SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT" have to be mentioned in one thread? I'll try again. NORMAL SEASONAL VARIATIONS, SUCH AS CHRISTMAS HIRING AND THE CUTS IN JANUARY ARE FILTERED OUT OF THE EMPLOYMENT AND UNEMPLOYMENT STATISTICS....THEY DON'T HAVE ANY EFFECT.

Sorry...no cares if the fed seasonally adjusts it...at this point all bets are OFF due to the government propping up our economy with Chinese money.

Forum List

Back