Christine O'Donnell: Latest whipping post for the Left

Lumpy, admit it. O'Donnell is a preposterous candidate. Of course she gets air time...she's tailor made for a 15 minute news cycle. She knocked over a solid Republican candidate so now Delaware has two crappy choices on election day. I can understand why conservatives are mad, can't you?

I think I've got whole Christine O'Donnell thing figured out. A couple of articles mentioned she dabbled in witchcraft (big deal) - people made fun of it. The rightwing - in typical desperation, have taken it, run it up the flagpole, decorated it with feathers and sequins and circles and arrows pointing at the horrible Democrats and, in short - making a circus production of a non-event all for one purpose: to draw attention away from her very REAL short comings.

Her plus': ....she SEZ.....(insert teaparty talking points)

Her record:....she talks

Her negatives: some highly questionable finances, liens for unpaid taxes, student loans that didn't appear to have been used for schooling....and some pretty damning statements through out her "career".

So...why are we focusing on "witchcraft"? Because it's a strawman and doesn't really matter.

Hmmmm...interesting theory. May be correct.
But then why would some of the Republican diehards such as Rove bring forth her shortcomings?

Protection of the old guard. Dems and reps protect each other in many ways, at our expense.

Free speech has plenty of problems, but less problems than censorship does.

Free speech is not the problem.
Gullibility is.

Well, if you know a solution to that, I'm all ears.

There is no solution. People should start to realize they are being manipulated by the rhetoric of our politicians and the spin of the facts by our media.
Even I, a conservative, said to my wife about 2 weeks ago that I see what it is about Fox....they do not lie...they give the viewer reason to think the worst....they manipulate the story in a way for the truth to be misconstrued.

And NBC? They reported the story of the Palestianian that was killed as "a father of five was murdered by Israeli soldiers (or police...cant remember)....."

But no. There is no solution. It is up to the people to real;ize that they are smart enough to discerne data on their own to come to their own conclusions.

Look, I know what this is. Liberals are pissed off they're about to lose some seats and effectively end the runaway spending of the past eighteen months, so they're trying to fight dirty.

Why are they so consumed with Christine O'Donnell? Because she said she dabbled in witchcraft when she was younger? SO WHAT? Obama dabbled in pot and cocaine when he was younger and you idiots voted him into office. Why does that make O'Donnell a dealbreaker?

You guys just need another George Bush. They have been itching for one since November 2008. Anybody who's an interesting and compelling figure on the Right has to become the boogeyman all so Obama looks better by comparison. It's Sarah Palin, it's O'Donnell, it was Scott Brown for a minute; if Pawlenty and Romney actually run, it'll be them. But the country is tired of this style of gotcha politics. They see what the Democrats do when they have the White House and Congress: not much, other than spend like crazy and enact more entitlement programs in a recession. I don't care how weird O'Donnell is supposed to be, she hasn't been The Problem these past two years. The Democrats have. DEAL WITH IT.

Before you jump the gun hear

Who said that was a deal breaker? Only people upset about her dabbling are rightwing conservatives that "THINK" they have thrown away their chances to take over the Senate.

To bad you are not a centrist, else you guys would know to "grin and bear it"!:lol:

Free speech is not the problem.
Gullibility is.

There is no solution. People should start to realize they are being manipulated by the rhetoric of our politicians and the spin of the facts by our media.
Even I, a conservative, said to my wife about 2 weeks ago that I see what it is about Fox....they do not lie...they give the viewer reason to think the worst....they manipulate the story in a way for the truth to be misconstrued.

And NBC? They reported the story of the Palestianian that was killed as "a father of five was murdered by Israeli soldiers (or police...cant remember)....."

But no. There is no solution. It is up to the people to real;ize that they are smart enough to discerne data on their own to come to their own conclusions.

I don't think it's a matter of smarts. I think it's a matter of caring.

People in general don't care. They don't care to actually learn what's going on, because that would take effort.

Ignorance is bliss, so they say.

People in general don't care. They don't care to actually learn what's going on, because that would take effort.

what I am fidning is that they care about the wrong things.
They prefer knowing the dirt on someone and not knowing the truth about someone.
Dirt is fun. Truth is boring.

what I am fidning is that they care about the wrong things.
They prefer knowing the dirt on someone and not knowing the truth about someone.
Dirt is fun. Truth is boring.

More people vote for American Idol than for President.

Q.E.D.

All this might be fair but seriously guys. Human brains in mice? Dabbling in witchcraft? Outlawing masterbation? (And that's before lying about having a college degree, financial thuggery, etc.)

O'Donnell was a gift to the comedians, and just cannot be viewed as a mainstream candidate. She's the popcorn for the movie.

All this might be fair but seriously guys. Human brains in mice? Dabbling in witchcraft? Outlawing masterbation? (And that's before lying about having a college degree, financial thuggery, etc.)

O'Donnell was a gift to the comedians, and just cannot be viewed as a mainstream candidate. She's the popcorn for the movie.

Buttered popcorn is pretty essential at a movie..

masturbation... ah .. I would worry too much about that...

Financial thuggery? Ok, now this is just comical. I guess the tea party should have picked someone who knows where to score some good blow.

Maybe.

But on the same note, do you not find it pathetic that this is what you are talking about?

Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Wouldn't you prefer addressing what is really important in our country? Instead, I watch the news and I hear all about some candidates skeletons...and barely nothing about the real issues we are facing.

But whatever. Like I said earlier. Dirt is fun. Truth is boring.

Financial thuggery? Ok, now this is just comical. I guess the tea party should have picked someone who knows where to score some good blow.

The way the left capitalizes on the first ammendemnt for political expediency, the tea party should start endorsing democratic candidates.

Seems the left is more interested in damamging the reputation of the tea party than anything else...and I have no doubt they will sell out the Democratic party to do it.

The way the left capitalizes on the first ammendemnt for political expediency, the tea party should start endorsing democratic candidates.

Seems the left is more interested in damamging the reputation of the tea party than anything else...and I have no doubt they will sell out the Democratic party to do it.

The Tea Party and their candidates are doing a fine job of that all by themselves. They really don't need any help from the Democrats.

Maybe.

But on the same note, do you not find it pathetic that this is what you are talking about?

Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Wouldn't you prefer addressing what is really important in our country? Instead, I watch the news and I hear all about some candidates skeletons...and barely nothing about the real issues we are facing.

But whatever. Like I said earlier. Dirt is fun. Truth is boring.

(A) I do not live in Delaware.

(B) No, O'Donnell jokes are taste-tee!

O'Donnell is behind in the polls now just as she was in the primary...and she still won! A win would be nice so she could fly to Washington on that broom and help sweep all the neo-Marxist Progressives out!

She cut Coons' lead in half after the debate.

more lies honey? oh yeah, we know... the facts don't matter. :cuckoo:

In September, Rasmussen Reports found that Coons led O'Donnell 49-40 if Mike Castle (who she beat to win the GOP nod) ran a write-in bid. After the debate, Rasmussen released a poll showing Coons up 51-40, since Castle wasn't running. Since that's the only post-debate poll, it's being spun as proof of an O'Donnell bump, but it's the opposite. Check out the trends -- she has only ever crested 40 percent in two polls, both conducted earlier this year by Rasmussen

Weigel : Forgive Us, Christine O'Donnell!

1* If the 2010 election for United States Senate were held today would you
vote for Republican Christine O’Donnell or Democrat Chris Coons?

9/18/10 10/9/10
Christine O’Donnell(R) 39% 38%
Chris Coons(D) 54% 54%
Some other candidate 2% 3%
Not sure 5% 5%

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/DE_Topline.pdf

Last edited:

In September, Rasmussen Reports found that Coons led O'Donnell 49-40 if Mike Castle (who she beat to win the GOP nod) ran a write-in bid. After the debate, Rasmussen released a poll showing Coons up 51-40, since Castle wasn't running. Since that's the only post-debate poll, it's being spun as proof of an O'Donnell bump, but it's the opposite. Check out the trends -- she has only ever crested 40 percent in two polls, both conducted earlier this year by Rasmussen

9/18/10 10/9/10
Chris Coons(D) 54% 54%
Not sure 5% 5%

Well heck.. she's still better looking than Coons...:lol: and she doesn't have an Obama rubber stamp in her hands...:eusa_hand:

9/18/10 10/9/10
Chris Coons(D) 54% 54%
Not sure 5% 5%

Well heck.. she's still better looking than Coons...:lol: and she doesn't have an Obama rubber stamp in her hands...:eusa_hand:

she's very cute. but cute isn't a qualification for senate to most people.

she wouldn't understand how to use a rubber stamp if one were in her hand.

it's one thing to disagree on politics. it's another to put people up for the job who are embarrassing and not equipped for the job.

Forum List

Back