Christie's Tea Party Tea Leaves: $400 million dollars loss 4 NJ

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
GOP Crazy Tea Party Favorite Cost New Jersey $400 million dollars. How?

Basic reading and comprehension.

:evil:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/nyregion/26njrace.html

The state was drenched in recriminations on Wednesday as Gov. Chris Christie said a clerical error by a midlevel official had caused the state to lose out on $400 million in federal school reform money — an error that caused its Race to the Top grant application to fall short of the 10-member winner’s circle by just three points.

The mistake, reported Tuesday by The Star-Ledger of Newark, resulted from a failure to correctly read a straight-forward question worth not quite 5 of the competition’s 500 points.

---

This nitwit is being held up as a great candidate for President in 2012. He can't even run a state without costing it money because of a lack of reading and comprehension skills.

The state was drenched in recriminations on Wednesday as Gov. Chris Christie said a clerical error by a midlevel official had caused the state to lose out on $400 million in federal school reform money — an error that caused its Race to the Top grant application to fall short of the 10-member winner’s circle by just three points.

The mistake, reported Tuesday by The Star-Ledger of Newark, resulted from a failure to correctly read a straight-forward question worth not quite 5 of the competition’s 500 points.

---

This nitwit is being held up as a great candidate for President in 2012. He can't even run a state without costing it money because of a lack of reading and comprehension skills.
the Chris Christie Bullshit: Whether you love or hate Chris Christie, you have to accept the fact that he says what he means and means what he says

Christie, in his own words:

1) “We’ll take the responsibility we need to take for putting one wrong piece of paper in a thousand page application,” he said. “If you want to take shots, take shots at me.”

“We’ll take the responsibility and then...the blame game...

2) “The first part of it is the mistake of putting the wrong piece of paper in,” Christie said. “It drives people crazy and, believe me, I’m not thrilled about it. But the second part is, does anybody in Washington, D.C. have a lick of common sense? Pick up the phone and ask us for the number.”

3) That’s the stuff the Obama administration should answer for. Are you guys just down there checking boxes like mindless drones, or are you thinking?” said Christie. “When the president comes back to New Jersey, he’s going to have to explain to the people of the state of New Jersey why he’s depriving them of $400 million that this application earned.”

Christie Slams Education Department Bureaucracy | FrumForum

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States[/ame]

Woopie.

"Race to the Top" is little more than a federal graft scam...Unlikely Christy would've got any money at all.

Other states that have "missed out" on this educrat payola:

Michigan:
Michigan fails to ?win? Race to the Top monies once again: Thank God! | Dailycensored.com

Fornicalia:
California loses bid for federal Race to the Top education grant | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

South Carolina:
SC loses $175 million Race to the Top education grant (AUDIO)

Louisiana:
Louisiana loses out in first round of Race to the Top | NOLA.com

Well I guess the politically astute thing is to blame Christie, but do you really thing high level elected officals actual read any of this type of crap they submit to the federal goverment? 99% of the documents created under thier name sit on thier desk for 5 seconds for thier signature. they rely on others to check things out.

They also fail to mention the other things, more progam related, and related to the agruments between the unions and the Dept of Education on evaluation of teachers performance. The clerical error wasn't the only points lost, it wa just the dumbest points lost.

And even if they didnt do it, then you would have whoever then came in last looking for any mistake or reason to blame on someone.

---

the Chris Christie Bullshit: Whether you love or hate Chris Christie, you have to accept the fact that he says what he means and means what he says

1) “We’ll take the responsibility we need to take for putting one wrong piece of paper in a thousand page application,” he said. “If you want to take shots, take shots at me.”

2) “The first part of it is the mistake of putting the wrong piece of paper in,” Christie said. “It drives people crazy and, believe me, I’m not thrilled about it. But the second part is, does anybody in Washington, D.C. have a lick of common sense? Pick up the phone and ask us for the number.”

3) That’s the stuff the Obama administration should answer for. Are you guys just down there checking boxes like mindless drones, or are you thinking?” said Christie. “When the president comes back to New Jersey, he’s going to have to explain to the people of the state of New Jersey why he’s depriving them of $400 million that this application earned.”

Christie is doing the typical GOP twofer.
He is out to break the teacher's union. He did this on purpose so he can use the lack of money to get rid of unionized teachers and blames the loss of money on Obama.

Well I guess the politically astute thing is to blame Christie, but do you really thing high level elected officals actual read any of this type of crap they submit to the federal goverment? 99% of the documents created under thier name sit on thier desk for 5 seconds for thier signature. they rely on others to check things out.

They also fail to mention the other things, more progam related, and related to the agruments between the unions and the Dept of Education on evaluation of teachers performance. The clerical error wasn't the only points lost, it wa just the dumbest points lost.

And even if they didnt do it, then you would have whoever then came in last looking for any mistake or reason to blame on someone.

Indeed. Then again the whole thing has nada to do with tea party. :doubt:

Name an instance of this happening, costing a state $400 million in education funds, by even another conservative politician who is actually being considered Presidential material?

what is horrifying is this elected idiot is in chrare of a team that cost his state $400 million in education funds, and then passed the buck...or tried to.

---

He is out to break the teacher's union. He did this on purpose so he can use the lack of money to get rid of unionized teachers and blames the loss of money on Obama.

stop being an idiot. no pol in their right mind would do this on purpose. :evil:

This Christie is a Tea Party type. :eusa_shhh:

Name an instance of this happening, costing a state $400 million in education funds, by even another conservative politician who is actually being considered Presidential material?

what is horrifying is this elected idiot is in chrare of a team that cost his state $400 million in education funds, and then passed the buck...or tried to.

Um, you can't, because it's a unique event. its like asking me to name another presidential candidate who lost a quarter by bending over to pick up his newspaper. One doesnt relate to the other, unless you are out to do a poltical hack job from the start.

And the offical who screwed it up is likely a civil servant, i.e. someone who wasn't appointed, but who's job is not part of any patronage system. More than likely Christie didn't choose him.

Christie is at least not gunning for this mid level burecrat, who more than likely feels terrible about the screw up. What he is attacking is the PROCESS, where a clerical error could not be corrected. Losing on merits is one thing, losing on 1 whoops in 1000 pages is something else.

And I again reinterate that there were other real flaws in Jersey's proposal, that if corrected in the months they had to play by the programs's rules would have rendered the clerical error moot. Kinda like in 2000 where if Gore had won his home state Florida would have been an interesting technical footnote.

Um, you can't, because it's a unique event.

you bet your friggin' ass it's a unique event. The event is better called a major fuck up -- a major $400 million dollar fuck up. :evil:

Um, you can't, because it's a unique event.

you bet your friggin' ass it's a unique event. The event is better called a major fuck up -- a major $400 million dollar fuck up. :evil:

You are still ignoring all the other problems in the proposal, and focusing on the straw that broke the camels back because it is poltically advantageous to you, or what you believe in.

As I stated before If Jersey won, We'd be hearing about how the "first loser" state forgot to dot an "i" somewhere and THATS what caused the loss, ignoring all the structural changes and improvements the program was asking for when it was introduced.

This just tickles me so.
Christie fucked up, but he's blaming Obama. I can't imagine why he'd take evil Fed money anyway.

The issue has nothing to do with the tea party, not that that would give you pause. :doubt:

stop being an idiot. no pol in their right mind would do this on purpose. :evil:
You just don't know the GOP very well. It has been a CON$ervative tactic, to keep the government short of the money it might need, to accomplish a GOP goal. Like the mentor of all CON$, Christie wants to "starve" the teachers union by losing the Fed money.

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

Liberal Democrat John F. Kennedy declared that we would go to the moon. Conservative Republican Chris Christie tells us that we are incapable of building a railroad tunnel beneath the Hudson River.

GOP Gov. Chris Christie stresses national decline over American spirit of national greatness.

Forum List

Back