Christians condemn Walker's actions

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
FAITH COMMUNITIES OUTRAGED AT GOVERNOR WALKER’S ACTIONS: AFFRONT TO HUMAN DIGNITY OF WORKERS AND THE POOR
In a tremendous show of opposition against Governor Walker and the State Republicans’ recent actions to strip public sector workers of their right to collective bargaining – and to his proposed budget – which will have drastic effects on the health of local communities, schools, and the poor – Madison’s religious communities have become increasingly vocal in the fight against the Governor’s devastating legislation.
NIGHTLY VIGILS SPONSORED BY FAITH COMMUNITIES The Interfaith Coalition for Worker Justice (ICWJ) and Madison Urban Ministry (MUM) are organizing ongoing nightly vigils sponsored by different faith communities at the State Capitol. Each night a different religious denomination or community will sponsor the vigil, drawing members from far and wide.

Wisconsin Religious Voices Witness Against Scott Walker | Religion Dispatches

Has anyone heard about any Christian prayer vigils in support of Walker? Why does everyone assume that all Christians are right wing Republicans?

FAITH COMMUNITIES OUTRAGED AT GOVERNOR WALKER’S ACTIONS: AFFRONT TO HUMAN DIGNITY OF WORKERS AND THE POOR
In a tremendous show of opposition against Governor Walker and the State Republicans’ recent actions to strip public sector workers of their right to collective bargaining – and to his proposed budget – which will have drastic effects on the health of local communities, schools, and the poor – Madison’s religious communities have become increasingly vocal in the fight against the Governor’s devastating legislation.
NIGHTLY VIGILS SPONSORED BY FAITH COMMUNITIES The Interfaith Coalition for Worker Justice (ICWJ) and Madison Urban Ministry (MUM) are organizing ongoing nightly vigils sponsored by different faith communities at the State Capitol. Each night a different religious denomination or community will sponsor the vigil, drawing members from far and wide.

Has anyone heard about any Christian prayer vigils in support of Walker? Why does everyone assume that all Christians are right wing Republicans?

Not so, Q.

1. This from Paul Kangor's book, "Dupes" At the behest of the Commintern, as the archives reveals, the American Peace Mobilization committee was formed in April of ’41. It’s function was to support the Soviet line, bring progressives aboard, protest against the lend-lease program to aid Britain…they paraded in front of the White House, chanting “FDR is a fascist, …he’s starting a war!’ They managed to dupe the easiest group to dupe: progressive pastors. The NYTimes article at the time said “Clergyman Group Opposes War Aid!’

Sound like the OP headline?

2. Herb Romerstein, the veteran investigator of the communist movement, and himself an ex-communst, told me that communists found progressive pastors to be "the biggest suckers of them all." Ibid.

While not all those protesting agaist the loss of collective bargaining are leftists, as I am also opposed yet far from the left, the loudest voice and most organized are the leftists. It's no problem for them to bring along the 'social justice' Christians.

Not so, Q.

1. This from Paul Kangor's book, "Dupes" At the behest of the Commintern, as the archives reveals, the American Peace Mobilization committee was formed in April of ’41. It’s function was to support the Soviet line, bring progressives aboard, protest against the lend-lease program to aid Britain…they paraded in front of the White House, chanting “FDR is a fascist, …he’s starting a war!’ They managed to dupe the easiest group to dupe: progressive pastors. The NYTimes article at the time said “Clergyman Group Opposes War Aid!’

2. Herb Romerstein, the veteran investigator of the communist movement, and himself an ex-communst, told me that communists found progressive pastors to be "the biggest suckers of them all." Ibid.

While not all those protesting agaist the loss of collective bargaining are leftists, as I am also opposed yet far from the left, the loudest voice and most organized are the leftists. It's no problem for them to bring along the 'social justice' Christians.

I actually know quite a bit about the Christian Social Justice movement. They want to bring about their version of heaven on Earth to prepare it for the return of Jesus. What gets me is that people are worried about the conservative Christians attempt to remake society, yet ignore the social justice attempt to so the same thing.

Besides, it just reinforces my point that Democrats are at least as likely to be Christians as Republicans are.

Not so, Q.

I actually know quite a bit about the Christian Social Justice movement. They want to bring about their version of heaven on Earth to prepare it for the return of Jesus. What gets me is that people are worried about the conservative Christians attempt to remake society, yet ignore the social justice attempt to so the same thing.

Besides, it just reinforces my point that Democrats are at least as likely to be Christians as Republicans are.

Correct.

In fact, it was Democrat Carter who brought in evangelicals on the eve of his election loss to Reagan.

Im sure there are some Christians that condemn Walkers actions. But as his actions really have hurt the poor or the workers, I am not confident their condemnation is justified.

I am really tired of people pretending that a small group of government employees who are coasting through life on the taxpayers dime somehow represent all workers in all the world. A majority of workers are not unionized and will never be unionized. And these employees are hardly poor by anyone's standards.

Im sure there are some Christians that condemn Walkers actions. But as his actions really have hurt the poor or the workers, I am not confident their condemnation is justified.

I am really tired of people pretending that a small group of government employees who are coasting through life on the taxpayers dime somehow represent all workers in all the world. A majority of workers are not unionized and will never be unionized. And these employees are hardly poor by anyone's standards.

are you for real woman, just because your secretary for some small office in some small town and have no credentials except your the cousin of the bosses golf partner doesn't mean that others are worth what you are paid.

and 50,000 as a teacher mid range is surely not in the upper income except maybe to you.

Oh by the way your item about 5000.00 that so many of you post to the cost of educating a student in 1970 is now 11,000 and this makes you mad.

well here is what your 5000 in 1970 is worth in 2009 dollars.

Current data is only available till 2009. $27600.00 in the year 2009 has the same "purchase power" as $5000 in the year 1970.

The 2009 observation is preliminary and will change.

Source note for "Purchasing Power of Money"

Another Computation?

Citation
Lawrence H. Officer and Samuel H. Williamson, "Purchasing Power of Money in the United States from 1774 to 2010," MeasuringWorth, 2009.

URL: Measuring Worth - Measures of worth, inflation rates, saving calculator, relative value, worth of a dollar, worth of a pound, purchasing power, gold prices, GDP, history of wages, average wage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let us know if and how this discussion has assisted you in using our calculators.

HOME
ABOUT US
CONTACT US
USER GUIDE
GLOSSARY & FAQ

are you for real woman, just because your secretary for some small office in some small town and have no credentials except your the cousin of the bosses golf partner doesn't mean that others are worth what you are paid.

and 50,000 as a teacher mid range is surely not in the upper income except maybe to you.

Oh by the way your item about 5000.00 that so many of you post to the cost of educating a student in 1970 is now 11,000 and this makes you mad.

well here is what your 5000 in 1970 is worth in 2009 dollars.

Current data is only available till 2009. $27600.00 in the year 2009 has the same "purchase power" as $5000 in the year 1970.

The 2009 observation is preliminary and will change.

Source note for "Purchasing Power of Money"

Another Computation?

Citation
Lawrence H. Officer and Samuel H. Williamson, "Purchasing Power of Money in the United States from 1774 to 2010," MeasuringWorth, 2009.

URL: Measuring Worth - Measures of worth, inflation rates, saving calculator, relative value, worth of a dollar, worth of a pound, purchasing power, gold prices, GDP, history of wages, average wage

No. Of course I'm not for real. I go around posting random comments on discussion boards because it's not what I am thinking about a certain subject.

Now sarcasm aside, your post is a complete red herring. Making $50,000 a year is hardly poor. Considering that you admit that is what the average salary teachers make, then I am force to conclude that you agree that they aren't poor. Contrary to your assertion, there is more places in the salary range between poor and upper income.

$50,000 is more than enough to live comfortably if you spend your money wisely. You are honestly going to claim that's poverty? Tell those people starving in Africa or South America that and they'd consider you a rich snob. (Which, my guess, would be fairly accurate).

So no, they aren't poor. Nor do any union workers represent a majority of workers in the world. It's time to stop screwing the true workers of this nation, The American Taxpayer, and start respecting the amount of work they have to pay the comfortable salaries and benefits of public sector workers.

But my guess is you don't really care about the teachers. My guess you are more interested in bankrupting the States and the Nation. Probably because you benefit from it in some way.

Forum List

Back