Christianity taking over planet?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Abbey Normal, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Well, P-Man, it looks like your protestations may be in vain...

Posted: April 28, 2005
    9:30 p.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

What is the fastest-growing religion on Earth?

Most news reports suggest it is Islam.

But a new book makes a compelling case it is a new, or, perhaps, old form of biblically inspired evangelical Christianity that is sweeping through places like China, Africa, India and Southeast Asia.

In "Megashift," author Jim Rutz coins a new phrase to define this fast-growing segment of the population. He calls them "core apostolics" – or "the new saints who are at the heart of the mushrooming kingdom of God."

Rutz makes the point that Christianity is overlooked as the fastest-growing faith in the world because most surveys look at the traditional Protestant denominations and the Roman Catholic Church while ignoring Christian believers who have no part of either.

He says there are 707 million "switched-on disciples" who fit into this new category and that this "church" is exploding in growth.

"The growing core of Christianity crosses theological lines and includes 707 million born-again people who are increasing by 8 percent a year," he says.

So fast is this group growing that, under current trends, according to Rutz, the entire world will be composed of such believers by the year 2032.

"There will be pockets of resistance and unforeseen breakthroughs," writes Rutz. "Still, at the rate we're growing now, to be comically precise, there would be more Christians than people by the autumn of 2032, about 8.2 billion."

According to the author, until 1960, Western evangelicals outnumbered non-Western evangelicals – mostly Latinos, blacks and Asians – by two to one. As of 2000, non-Western evangelicals outnumbered Westerners by four to one. He says by 2010, the ratio will be seven to one.

"There are now more missionaries sent from non-Western nations than Western nations," he writes.

This trend, says Rutz, has been missed by Westerners because the explosive growth is elsewhere.

Hundreds of millions of these Christians are simply not associated with the institutional churches at all. They meet in homes. They meet underground. They meet in caves. They meet, he says, in secret...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44033

2. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Don't worry my protests aren't even needed. The internet will eventually destroy religion including Christianity. The free flow of ideas is the last things religions want. Give it a few decades and you'll see Christianity and other religions take a nose dive.

3. Abbey Normal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Not gonna happen. :)

4. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Keep 'em coming I can always use a good laugh...

5. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Don't be surprised when in about 20 years the amount of atheists significantly increases. Like I said Deists don't want the free flow of ideas because it hurts their cause.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and that would effect me how? Like I care? Why do you?

7. USViking

USViking VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I would rather see Christianity increase than any other religion,
    but I believe this book is a complete and utter fantacy.

Hundreds of millions of Chinese Christians?- not much cnance.

Nor is there any chance of Christianity making any inroads
    among the world's hunderds of millions of Muslims.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Abbey Normal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391

With God, anything is possible... :)

9. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Powerman - There have been several advances in the free flow of ideas, and I have yet to see ONE even harm Christianity. The invention of the printing press was originally used as a way to mass produce the Bible. There are dozens of Christian web sites out there. Televangelism is pretty big. Christian radio is still going strong. The idea that knowledge eliminates religion is an utter crock you were taught by some professor with a stick the size of a telephone pole shoved up his colon. Many of the most knowledgable people in the world are and were Christians. Your belief that your way is the only way an intelligent being can think is nothing short of pure arrogance, especially considering how little knowledge you really have. College doesn't make you intelligent, just educated.

On a side note, you are arrogant and self-centered. Everything you say you assume is fact and try to place the burden of proof on everyone else without backing up anything YOU say. Even when people meet this burden of proof, you pretend their sources aren't credible. All you seem to be interested in is belittling anyone of the Christian faith and trying to discredit the religion as a whole, and, to be honest, you're doing a really crappy job. Most of what you've done is just make most of the rest of us think you're a jerk.

USViking - China is starting to turn towards Christianity. Even with ministers being arrested, Christianity is spreading like wildfire throughout eastern Asia. Oddly enough, this is the in-road to the Muslim world, as Muslims are born and bred to hate all things Western, but are far more trusting of those of Asian descent.

10. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    LOL I question your sources because you always say it's just some guy that told you something. Remember when you tried to tell me that gravity was a law and not a theory? You were wrong. Look it up and quit being a jackass. Of course I'm going to put the burden of proof on you when you say something that is completely false. People should be held accountable for what they say when dealing with cold hard facts. You say that gravity is a law and I'll put the burden of proof on you to prove it because I know for a fact that you are wrong and want to teach you something. There is no point in me trying to debate someone who will accept things that are dead wrong.