Christianity is better than all other religions put together

I gotta ask again. Does your claim of Christianity require you to at least try to embrace the teachings of Jesus or not? It's a simple question. Anyone but a fake Christian would be happy to answer it. Are you brave enough to answer it yet?
I don't know many perfect people. It's a journey. The one's who do embrace it and practice thankfulness, forgiveness, confession and dying to self, they can't help but to progress. Who we are is God's gift to us, who we become is our gift to God.

Now that wasn't so hard was it? Even though you still didn't answer the question.
No. It wasn't hard. What is it that I didn't answer? If I answered yes, do you believe you would have known what I meant by that? Let's try that. Yes, we are meant to emulate Jesus. What does that mean to you? Because I doubt that you have the depth of understanding or even agree with my understanding of what Jesus taught us to do. So I gave you an answer you would understand, we are called to do our best, it will be a journey. Those that are successful at it, will naturally progress as human beings and reap predictable rewards in this life for doing so. Is that enough? Or do you need more?

Odd that you think you might know what I understand. Did the bible teach you how to make that judgement?
I believe my point was that I would not expect to know what you understood. Was my previous answer enough for you? Or do you need something more?

I don't think you're the right person to ask the question. Are you a Christian?

Just as I thought..........Coward...........Fake Christian.
I'm putting a lot of people on the ignore list today and you just joined it. Goodbye.
That's the Christian spirit..
You do realize that we treat people how we see them, right?
I do also, yet to deny an affirmation of Christ is like a denial to praise him...
Why do you say that?

I gotta ask again. Does your claim of Christianity require you to at least try to embrace the teachings of Jesus or not? It's a simple question. Anyone but a fake Christian would be happy to answer it. Are you brave enough to answer it yet?
In other words, you can't answer the question...A Christian is suppose to spread the Gospel...
Not in the way you think, no. It is meant to be a billboard religion. We are meant to express our faith in our thought, words and actions. And by that I do not mean we are meant to evangelize, we are meant to be. We spread our inner peace through example. The only way faith or any good behavior will ever be spread is through concentric circles and the best way to spread it is by example.

So is that a yes or a no?
Let me know if I didn't answer it in post #14 to your specification and I will try again.

It is a pretty simple question without any innuendo or ambiguity that I can see. It's becoming obvious that you are struggling with a simple yes or no. A real Christian with trust in his own faith would spit out the answer without delay.

In other words, you can't answer the question...A Christian is suppose to spread the Gospel...
Not in the way you think, no. It is meant to be a billboard religion. We are meant to express our faith in our thought, words and actions. And by that I do not mean we are meant to evangelize, we are meant to be. We spread our inner peace through example. The only way faith or any good behavior will ever be spread is through concentric circles and the best way to spread it is by example.

Let me know if I didn't answer it in post #14 to your specification and I will try again.

It is a pretty simple question without any innuendo or ambiguity that I can see. It's becoming obvious that you are struggling with a simple yes or no. A real Christian with trust in his own faith would spit out the answer without delay.
You didn't see the "Yes" in post #14?

I think the Viking religion was the best :thup:
1221.jpg

I don't know many perfect people. It's a journey. The one's who do embrace it and practice thankfulness, forgiveness, confession and dying to self, they can't help but to progress. Who we are is God's gift to us, who we become is our gift to God.

Now that wasn't so hard was it? Even though you still didn't answer the question.
No. It wasn't hard. What is it that I didn't answer? If I answered yes, do you believe you would have known what I meant by that? Let's try that. Yes, we are meant to emulate Jesus. What does that mean to you? Because I doubt that you have the depth of understanding or even agree with my understanding of what Jesus taught us to do. So I gave you an answer you would understand, we are called to do our best, it will be a journey. Those that are successful at it, will naturally progress as human beings and reap predictable rewards in this life for doing so. Is that enough? Or do you need more?

Odd that you think you might know what I understand. Did the bible teach you how to make that judgement?
I believe my point was that I would not expect to know what you understood. Was my previous answer enough for you? Or do you need something more?

I don't NEED anything from you. I asked the OP a simple yes/no question , and he ran. You have posted a lot of words, but you still haven't answered a simple yes/no question with a simple yes/no answer.

I don't NEED anything from you. I asked the OP a simple yes/no question , and he ran. You have posted a lot of words, but you still haven't answered a simple yes/no question with a simple yes/no answer.
Yes. I did. See post #14.

Here is an excerpt: "yes"

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Your answer in #14 sounded more like a talking point than a definitive answer. I take your answer to be yes?

Your answer in #14 sounded more like a talking point than a definitive answer. I take your answer to be yes?
Yes, that was what I wrote in post #14. Yes.

Do his teachings take precedent over other beliefs or other people's teachings when they conflict, even if those other people are mentioned in the bible too?

Do his teachings take precedent over other beliefs or other people's teachings when they conflict, even if those other people are mentioned in the bible too?
Good question. Can you give me an example?

Many, but can you answer the question? I'm interested in what you actually believe. Not how well you can sidestep any one particular question. Are your beliefs firm, or do they drift which ever way is more convenient?

It's important to define what you actually believe before delving into specific issues. I've found that many who claim to be Christians tend to pick and chose their beliefs depending on the situation.

Many, but can you answer the question? I'm interested in what you actually believe. Not how well you can sidestep any one particular question. Are your beliefs firm, or do they drift which ever way is more convenient?
You're asking the wrong guy. I'm not a religious scholar or a saint. I'd have to take it on a case by case situation to work through what the right way would be. So since you have many examples maybe you could share one of them and we'd both find out together the answer. How's that?

It's important to define what you actually believe before delving into specific issues. I've found that many who claim to be Christians tend to pick and chose their beliefs depending on the situation.
Whereas I believe they are informed by their beliefs and do their best job possible reconciling their differences. In other words, not much different than you probably.

You're asking the wrong guy. I'm not a religious scholar or a saint. I'd have to take it on a case by case situation to work through what the right way would be. So since you have many examples maybe you could share one of them and we'd both find out together the answer. How's that?

I'm not asking what any scholar might think. I'm asking what YOU believe. If you claim certain things are good of bad based on what your religious beliefs are, your beliefs are the only ones that matter.

Forum List

Back