Christianity and Islam the Same? Wha...

Me: "...any violence..."
You: "...murdering innocent people..."

:doubt:

Want to try again?

Ok. I'll try again. When is "violence" good? I believe the definition in the Muslim world is quite similar to the one here in America. Killing, maiming, raping, blowing shit up...

When it is used as a means of opposing tyranny that cannot be confronted through political or other non-violent channels. It does not include rape.

Violence as a means to oppose tyranny. Not that far-fetched, as long as it's not directed at innocent civilians.

Violence as a means to oppose tyranny when political channels are exhausted is the same principle that led to our independence from the British Empire. Instead of killing loyalists, we just tarred-and-feathered them. Maybe we should have tarred-and-feathered Saddam before hanging him, for old time's sake. :lol:

(CNSNews.com) – A new survey gauging Muslim attitudes indicates that backing for suicide bombings against civilians, while generally down from earlier years, remains significant in some Islamic countries – challenging the assertion that Muslims supporting terrorism constitute a “tiny minority.”
Support for Suicide Bombings and Bin Laden Still High Among Some Muslims | CNSnews.com

I'd like to see the Pew study if you don't mind. My main issue with your post is your suggestion that any violence supported by Muslims or committed in the name of Islam is automatically bad. The "all terrorists" argument, of course, is also laughably inaccurate.

here you go:

Declining Support for bin Laden and Suicide Bombing - Pew Research Center

Down, but still significant approval.

Wow. This surprised me.

Only in Nigeria is Osama bin Laden more popular among Muslims than he was earlier in the decade. More than half of Nigerian Muslims (54%) have confidence in bin Laden when it comes to world affairs; 44% said that was the case in 2003.

(CNSNews.com) – A new survey gauging Muslim attitudes indicates that backing for suicide bombings against civilians, while generally down from earlier years, remains significant in some Islamic countries – challenging the assertion that Muslims supporting terrorism constitute a “tiny minority.”
Support for Suicide Bombings and Bin Laden Still High Among Some Muslims | CNSnews.com

I'd like to see the Pew study if you don't mind. My main issue with your post is your suggestion that any violence supported by Muslims or committed in the name of Islam is automatically bad. The "all terrorists" argument, of course, is also laughably inaccurate.

here you go:

Annie, thank you for providing the Pew report for our friend, Kalam.

I had read it, and felt that the final sentence in the OP represented its findings.

Don't you know how to use the internet? Are you still stuck in the 6th century?

Let me google that for you

Second result.

TaDa

here you go:

Thank you. As I suspected, the phrasing of the question ("...violence against civilian targets...") is troublesome. What qualifies as a civilian target? Government workers and installations that aren't necessarily linked to the military, but are nonetheless instrumental in oppressing Muslims? I have no qualms with supporting violence against those kinds of targets, either. I do have a problem with violence that targets civilians who are involved neither with the oppressing government nor the oppressing military.

Violence as a means to oppose tyranny. Not that far-fetched, as long as it's not directed at innocent civilians.
The operative word being "innocent" -- I agree.

Violence as a means to oppose tyranny when political channels are exhausted is the same principle that led to our independence from the British Empire. Instead of killing loyalists, we just tarred-and-feathered them. Maybe we should have tarred-and-feathered Saddam before hanging him, for old time's sake. :lol:
Unless he's killed while he's in the act of providing support to opposing forces, every loyalist deserves his day in court before he's executed for treason. Militant groups often forget that the assumption of innocence always applies.

here you go:

Thank you. As I suspected, the phrasing of the question ("...violence against civilian targets...") is troublesome. What qualifies as a civilian target? Government workers and installations that aren't necessarily linked to the military, but are nonetheless instrumental in oppressing Muslims? I have no qualms with supporting violence against those kinds of targets, either. I do have a problem with violence that targets civilians who are involved neither with the oppressing government nor the oppressing military.

Anyone that is not military is civilian, even if they suppress Muslims. If we simply use suppression as a guideline to legitimize violence I could justify wiping out every Muslim on Earth, because they suppress homosexuals and women.

You have again proven that you are a supporter of terrorism and murder.

Anyone that is not military is civilian, even if they suppress Muslims.

Then Israel is guilty of targetting civilians when it targets Hamas installations that aren't related to the 'Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Martyrs' Brigades.

Anyone that is not military is civilian, even if they suppress Muslims.

Then Israel is guilty of targetting civilians when it targets Hamas installations that aren't related to the 'Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Martyrs' Brigades.
I found your style in the back.
1695054448030-2.jpg

Anyone that is not military is civilian, even if they suppress Muslims. If we simply use suppression as a guideline to legitimize violence I could justify wiping out every Muslim on Earth, because they suppress homosexuals and women.

You have again proven that you are a supporter of terrorism and murder.

:lol:

I kept asking myself, "And exactly what, in detail, constitutes this "oppression" and "tyranny" over Muslims" -- something like a nation of their own in Palestine -- instead of the slaughter of every man woman and child in Israel so they can steal that nation instead of building their own? Or perhaps its not obeying shari'a law on US soil? Or maybe it's the Muslims in Lebanon dying from Hezbollah brutalities? or was it the Muslims who slaughtered Muslims already desperately hurting because of the flooding in Pakistan? Or was it the Taliban executing MUSLIMS in Kabul. Or the Muslims slaughtering those nasty evil vicious Zoroastrians in Iran. Or maybe its the fact that the denarius is NOT the world's base currency and that Muslims don't own all the land and all the businesses in the United States so that they rule the world and have lots of kafir slaves to half-starve actually doing the work to earn all that luscious gold for them.

WHAT tyranny, for cripe's sake? The only tyranny and brutality I've seen against Muslims was MUSLIMS DOING THE KILLING -- and the enslavement -- and the torture. world wide

Last edited:
WHAT tyranny, for cripe's sake? The only tyranny and brutality I've seen against Muslims was MUSLIMS DOING THE KILLING -- and the enslavement -- and the torture. world wide

It would behoove you to do some research before opening your mouth and confirming that you're an ignoramus.

The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century: Bosnia-Herzegovina 1992-95
Preventing Genocide - Who is at Risk? - Chechnya, Russia
Document - China: Gross violations of human rights in the Xinjiang Uighur autonomous region (includes erratum) | Amnesty International

It would behoove you to do some research before opening your mouth and confirming that you're an ignoramus.

Your opinion would be more meaningful, if you had not proved yourself to be an ignoramus for so long so many times ,and dishonest so many times when honesty would have served you and God better.

Your opinion would be more meaningful, if you had not proved yourself to be an ignoramus for so long so many times ,and dishonest so many times when honesty would have served you and God better.

Peddle your filth elsewhere, fool. Anybody with a brain knows what a dishonest and despicable excuse for a human being you are, confirmed most recently by your comments about another poster's family. Shall I post them here?

What kind of brain do they have to have ?
One damaged by trying to twist their mind into believing a thief and a rapist could be a prophet of god?
Those are your brothers and sisters .

I have no shame in what I did,
He brought his own wrath on himself.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/132845-let-it-go.html

Fault me for a post where I dont quote Islamic scripture and that is your proof I'm an animal?

Sissy boy, I have shown you the path .and given you the example of others stop waiting fulfill your obligation.
Kill disbelievers are you a muslim or a believer ?

The angrier it gets, the more broken its English becomes. :lol:

Im not angry, you are just a coward.

aa-fort-hood-shooter1.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ]YouTube - Pink Floyd "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" Syd Barrett Tribute[/ame]

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond (I-V)"

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Personally, I don't see how any religion can be said to be just like any other religion. Every religion is different. If they weren't everyone would be the same religion. There wouldn't be any controversy.

I just wish more people would learn to communicate with the Lord. It would fix alot of issues.

Forum List

Back