Christian friends of gays and lesbians

i dont recall Jesus only being with the sin free

;)

Exactly! So Christians have no right to judge gays for their lifestyles choices.
That's what this thread is about, some of us are trying to show Sky Dancer not all Christians are judgemental towards gays.
but she seems to have taken offense to what i said

oh well, glad you understood what i intended

I haven't taken offense. I don't relate to the sin concept.

Last edited:
Exactly! So Christians have no right to judge gays for their lifestyles choices.
That's what this thread is about, some of us are trying to show Sky Dancer not all Christians are judgemental towards gays.
but she seems to have taken offense to what i said

oh well, glad you understood what i intended

I haven't taken offense. I don't relate to the sin concept.
all have sinned and fall short of the glory of god, sky, no one can claim to be totally sin free
that was the whole point of Jesus ministry here on earth

I don't consider homosexuality a sin, do you?

Nope, I doubt God would either.

i'm sorry, but your opinion doesn't hold a lot of weight.

like it or not, the one source that does claim to speak for god is the bible, and according to the bible, homosexual acts are sinful.

on a personal note and in all seriousness, i committed adultery. i am not proud of it, but it happened. did i commit a sin, yes. would it be convenient for me to simply say, hey, god wouldn't consider adultery a sin now would he? i mean, come on, what does god really care about sex? everyone does it nowadays. it's natural.

now if you don't believe in the bible, that's great. more power to you. but if you do believe in the bible and want to claim god doesn't believe homosexual acts to be sinful, i think you've got a bit of a problem.

I'm Catholic.

not the most religious person, but still Catholic.

I for one, put aside Religion when it comes to these things.. Religion shouldn't affect on how we treat other people when it comes to people Marrying.. Seriously.

I anger most people when it comes to views on Gay Marriage.. Then again, my Priest told me I'm more of a Liberal Catholic.. Not sure what he means by that.. Apparently letting Gays marry means you're a Liberal?

I thought it was just common sense..

So Sky Dancer, while some Christians oppose Gay Marriage don't label all of them like that.. Or most..

someone help me out a bit here, tell me where i'm off (and i could be way off)

so basically there are two options.

god exists and all human life sacred
god doesnt exist, we are all here by chance. we are all just animals, no different than a monkey or tiger or caterpillar.

if we are like animals, it seems that the only purpose we serve is to procreate and ensure that our species lives on. kind of basic darwinism, no?

how then, does homosexuality play in to that picture? they obviously can't reproduce, and therefore can't pass on their traits to their offspring. maybe nature's way of ridding the human race of homosexuality is the HIV.

I don't consider homosexuality a sin, do you?

like it or not, the one source that does claim to speak for god is the bible, and according to the bible, homosexual acts are sinful.

on a personal note and in all seriousness, i committed adultery. i am not proud of it, but it happened. did i commit a sin, yes. would it be convenient for me to simply say, hey, god wouldn't consider adultery a sin now would he? i mean, come on, what does god really care about sex? everyone does it nowadays. it's natural.

now if you don't believe in the bible, that's great. more power to you. but if you do believe in the bible and want to claim god doesn't believe homosexual acts to be sinful, i think you've got a bit of a problem.
But Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. ;)
And if you are in a civil union or marriage with a same sex partner, and are faithful, in my opinion I don't think God would think it was a sin. I also don't think God would like people to spread hate in his name. I believe in God, but I don't believe the bible should not be taken so literally.

But Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. ;)
And if you are in a civil union or marriage with a same sex partner, and are faithful, in my opinion I don't think God would think it was a sin. I also don't think God would like people to spread hate in his name. I believe in God, but I don't believe the bible should not be taken so literally.

jesus may have never mentioned it, but it is in both the old and new testaments. christians aren't supposed to cherry-pick the parts they like.

do you believe in a religious god, or just the concept of a divine creator?

god doesnt exist, we are all here by chance. we are all just animals, no different than a monkey or tiger or caterpillar.

if we are like animals, it seems that the only purpose we serve is to procreate and ensure that our species lives on. kind of basic darwinism, no?

how then, does homosexuality play in to that picture? they obviously can't reproduce, and therefore can't pass on their traits to their offspring. maybe nature's way of ridding the human race of homosexuality is the HIV.

Theory doesn't really work, anyone can die from HIV.

you're absolutely right. but homosexual men are 40x more likely to die from HIV than heterosexual men. nature isn't perfect.

Christians think homosexuality is wrong, immoral and sinful. That doesn't seem real friendly to me.

Once again bashing Christians. For one Christians do not HATE Gays, they disapprove of the life style. The bible makes it a sin to lie with someone of your own sex.

Except for fringe groups you won't find many gay bashers in a church. They will rightfully disapprove of your open sexual choices but other then that you can find many Christians that have no problem with Gay friends. One can disagree with a friends choices and still remain their friend.

I have always been friendly to any Gays I knew. I tried unsuccessfully at a job I had to get a card game going once a week with a gay co worker. The other guys were all against it. Of course they couldn't explain why.

That is the attitude you are most likely to encounter. A general uneasy feeling to association. Not open animosity or name calling or acts of any kind. The gay co worker was just fine at work no one bothered him at all they just wouldn't associate with him outside work.

you're absolutely right. but homosexual men are 40x more likely to die from HIV than heterosexual men. nature isn't perfect.

There will be plagues and disease in the end times. But I doubt they are designed by God or meant to target any specific group of sinners. Everyone will suffer, the righteous and the unrighteous.

Christians think homosexuality is wrong, immoral and sinful. That doesn't seem real friendly to me.

Jesus taught that prostitution was wrong, immoral, and sinful, yet he hung out with prostitutes. I see no reason, given that example, that Christians cannot be friends with homosexuals. Maybe I am not judgmental enough for you though.

i have this going in another post, but am still waiting on an answer.

christians (or at least catholics) oppose the act of homosexual sex, which is basically calling for someone to not act on their sexual urges

if not acting on sexual urges is such an awful thing to ask of someone, why do they ask that their priests do the exact same thing?

Not acting on sinful urges is a good thing.

As for why priests are celibate, try this: Why are priests celibate? | USCatholic.org

Jesus taught that prostitution was wrong, immoral, and sinful, yet he hung out with prostitutes. I see no reason, given that example, that Christians cannot be friends with homosexuals. Maybe I am not judgmental enough for you though.

You are talking to a lady that openly posted that because Christians are opposed to same sex marriage they are more DANGEROUS then Muslim terrorists.

really? why even bother?

where did anyone on this board say "christians cannot be friends with homosexuals"?

why did you make that jump?

Men are more likely to get HIV than women, is HIV nature's way of killing off men?

really? why even bother?

where did anyone on this board say "christians cannot be friends with homosexuals"?

why did you make that jump?

I doubt any homosexuals would be friends with you. ;)

Forum List

Back