Christian Cabinet Minister gunned down in Pakistan

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by High_Gravity, Mar 2, 2011.

1. High_Gravity

High_Gravity Belligerent Drunk Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Gunmen Kill Pakistani Cabinet Minister

[​IMG]

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/world/asia/03pakistan.html?ref=world

2. Ropey

Ropey To Life! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,987
    Shahbaz Bhatti, a critic of Pakistan's blasphemy laws, discusses threats to his life

Link to this video

Pakistan minister Shahbaz Bhatti shot dead in Islamabad | World news | guardian.co.uk

Clearly Pakistan is moving ahead in extremism.

3. adeel_sami

adeel_sami Free-Doom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    It just seems Pakistan has fallen into a terrorist state that no body is safe here.

May GOD bless his soul, amen ..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    I feel sorry for the law abiding honest Pakistanis that have to live with scum like the Taliban running Pakistan.

5. Ropey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,987
    It's not a simple thing. Moderates are moderate and fall to extremism due to fear. I see little to no chance in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

We know what the Madrassas are teaching and we are allowing it to occur due to fear.
    Madrassas in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[​IMG]

So, the extremists get stronger. Political correctness has stopped reality from setting in until the next attack on Western Philosophical soil.

Jihadi public schools? ? by Ali K Chishti*|*Let Us Build Pakistan

It's not as though moderates are not telling us. It is that the leadership is not listening and relating it and the media is unwilling to touch such a thing.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    Islamic radicals control Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto was gunned down because she did not fall in line, anyone who tries to change Pakistan will be killed. And Ropey you are right the madrassas are a problem, they are built and funded by moneys from the Arab Gulf countries, they are basically incubators that breed Islamic extremism, until that is addressed there is no hope for change.

7. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    Couple of problems with this. Qutb's ideology was very international in its outlook while the Taliban regime had markedly few aspirations outside of its own borders. The Taliban also aren't Deobandi even though some of them apparently studied at Deobandi madaaris -- the original students' movement may have been Deobandi but reports concerning the actions of Taliban-controlled Afghanistan indicate a blatant disregard for Hanafi fiqh (and for the other schools, for that matter.) I also disagree that Jamaat-e-Islami promotes 'hatred' and 'terrorism' in spite of my disagreement with Maududi on a number of issues.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9_bySZgSU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9_bySZgSU[/ame]

8. Ropey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,987
    Yes, we can see what is coming out. We will see it on the ground. Some can disagree on this and that all they want.

I have little to say to those who simply minimize events, isolate events and obfuscate the topics premise with belief and conjecture. The truth is on the ground. Do the events increase or decrease?

That's really what matters to me.What's happening on the ground is enough for me.

9. High_Gravity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,726
    The situation on the ground is always what matters, not what people want and what people write on paper. In theory, Pakistan is supposed to be a valuable American ally in the war on terror and we now give them billions of dollars a year. In reality, most Pakistanis despise America, Pakistan gives some of our moneys to the Taliban and lets the Taliban use Pakistan as a sanctuary to rest, get medical treatment, re-arm and re-group. People need to wake up and see the events that are happening on the ground in that country and the way the people there really feel, Pakistan is no friend to America.

10. Kalam

Kalam Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +773
    This is your attempt to dismiss corrections of inaccuracies in a passage you posted? Everything apart from the last sentence in my post deals with purely factual information that anyone can verify. I realize that using pathetic excuses like this to avoid discussion is your MO. I still hope you eventually realize that dismissing something out of hand simply because it contradicts your preconceptions represents the peak of ignorance and anti-intellectualism. :eusa_hand:

...yet you often insist on misrepresenting that as well.