Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop

WWJH?

(who Would Jesus Hate?)

Aren't these bakers really just using their religion as an excuse to hate?

I don't get that. I don't get why some here who SAY they're "Christian", really just use that as an excuse to hate. There are some here who are just disguised members of the Westboro Baptist "church". They just spew MINDLESS hate and then blame it on their god.

I believe churches should have to pay the same taxes as the rest of us and if they all had to actually act like "Christians" or forfeit their exemption, there would be a lot of money pouring in to the IRS.

Not to mention that they have some really scary sexual hangups ...

Aren't you really using your stupidity as an excuse to hate?

In the 5 years that Oregon has had a law that made it illegal to discriminate against gays they received a dozen complains, and half of them were ruled unjustified.

IOW, I'm correct.

You're just another "christian" using your god to attack people.

Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop - Washington Times

A year ago I would have said 'good.' But actually seeing that it happened, - I don't like how this feels. They shouldn't have been treated as they have been treated, not in my estimation.

Some of those threats were shocking. One emailer wished for the couple’s children to fall ill. Another expressed hope that Mr. Klein should be shot and even raped, The Blaze reported.

And yet another wrote: “Here’s hoping you go out of business, you bigot.”
The couple said on top of that, their vendors were “badgered and harassed” into stopping all associations with the bakery.

The Kleins say they’re now closing up their doors and moving their operations to their home. Their business, they say, has suffered a serious revenue hit from the unexpected activism and backlash.
Looks like they need a Chik-Fil-A-type support system.

I remember arguing with you about this. I am glad you changed your mind, and I owe you rep for it. I still don't understand why anyone would want someone who doesn't want to bake them a cake to be forced to do so.

Thank you - acknowledgement is enough.

Maybe they saw what is purported to be a facebook rant by the couple (and deleted not long after)

Screenshot
1185973_10201970811895938_1006154065_n_zpsd62b7f52.jpg

Do you have any idea how easy it is to fake a Facebook page? Sweet Cakes never had a Facebook page, but you managed to find a screenshot of their Facebook page and claim it justified what happened to them.

Fuck off.

Uh, yes, they did have a FB page. I read it and I also saw that linked from a news story early today.

It has since been taken down.

I can't say if that's real or not but its the same language as I read before.

I could go there right now and start a Luddly.Neddite page, would that make it yours?

Would it being taken down make it more yours?

Maybe they saw what is purported to be a facebook rant by the couple (and deleted not long after)

Screenshot

Do you have any idea how easy it is to fake a Facebook page? Sweet Cakes never had a Facebook page, but you managed to find a screenshot of their Facebook page and claim it justified what happened to them.

Fuck off.

I was just at their Facebook page this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Cakes-by-Melissa/352725392798?rf=218956318229708

I couldn't find it earlier, neither could at least one reporter.

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Doesn't prove those screenshots were not Photoshopped, does it?

WWJH?

(who Would Jesus Hate?)

Aren't these bakers really just using their religion as an excuse to hate?

I don't get that. I don't get why some here who SAY they're "Christian", really just use that as an excuse to hate. There are some here who are just disguised members of the Westboro Baptist "church". They just spew MINDLESS hate and then blame it on their god.

I believe churches should have to pay the same taxes as the rest of us and if they all had to actually act like "Christians" or forfeit their exemption, there would be a lot of money pouring in to the IRS.

Not to mention that they have some really scary sexual hangups ...

Aren't you really using your stupidity as an excuse to hate?

In the 5 years that Oregon has had a law that made it illegal to discriminate against gays they received a dozen complains, and half of them were ruled unjustified.

IOW, I'm correct.

You're just another "christian" using your god to attack people.

Who did I attack?

Do fags have to abide by the law?

The homosexual couple were not in the wrong here. The bakers were.

Why?

Their faith in God informs them that homosexuality is filthy and unholy and perverse and sinful and unclean and degenerate and emasculating and that association with homosexuals is either prohibited or otherwise condemned as consorting with those in whom God is greatly displeased.

And they live in a country whose history is steeped in the influence of that faith, and whose majority population adhere to such belief-systems.

Perhaps they saw it as a matter of Man's Law in conflict with God's Law, and chose God over Man?

Last edited:

Fuck off.

Uh, yes, they did have a FB page. I read it and I also saw that linked from a news story early today.

I could go there right now and start a Luddly.Neddite page, would that make it yours?

Doesn't really matter.

Actions speak louder than words and they're using their god to spread hate.

They're despicable, no different than Westboro scum.

"...they're using their god to spread hate."

Or, because homosexuals find themselves on the Receiving End of religious allegations of uncleanness and sinfulness and perversity and such, Gays perceive that as hate, and it is in their best interests to attempt to continue to hammer-away at it as hate, on the outside chance that eventually a majority of the population will be won over to the Gays' own brand of hateful behaviors and perceptions, and thereby beat-down opposing opinion?

Fuck off.

I was just at their Facebook page this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Cakes-by-Melissa/352725392798?rf=218956318229708

Bakery That Refused to Make Gay Wedding Cake Shuts Doors - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Nope. Nor that it wasn't hacked.

Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop - Washington Times

A year ago I would have said 'good.' But actually seeing that it happened, - I don't like how this feels. They shouldn't have been treated as they have been treated, not in my estimation.

Some of those threats were shocking. One emailer wished for the couple’s children to fall ill. Another expressed hope that Mr. Klein should be shot and even raped, The Blaze reported.

And yet another wrote: “Here’s hoping you go out of business, you bigot.”
The couple said on top of that, their vendors were “badgered and harassed” into stopping all associations with the bakery.

The Kleins say they’re now closing up their doors and moving their operations to their home. Their business, they say, has suffered a serious revenue hit from the unexpected activism and backlash.

Looks like they need a Chik-Fil-A-type support system.

For every business action, there is a reaction. I don't like threatening them in any physical way, but I do believe people have the right to reject their ideology. Be it boycotting, or putting the word out that they are (in their opinions) bigots and homophobic. Thats not against the law. That is the way business is done. You cant go out and insult your potential customers or the general public really and not expect something to come from it. As a business, YOU STAY IN THE MIDDLE. If not, dont bitch about it.

I guess it comes down to is there enough homophobic people who support them or not. Its simple business really.

Do fags have to abide by the law?

Why?

Their faith in God informs them that homosexuality is filthy and unholy and perverse and sinful and unclean and degenerate and emasculating and that association with homosexuals is either prohibited or otherwise condemned as consorting with those in whom God is greatly displeased.

And they live in a country whose history is steeped in the influence of that faith, and whose majority population adhere to such belief-systems.

Perhaps they saw it as a matter of Man's Law in conflict with God's Law, and chose God over Man?

Having children out of wedlock is a sin, and human cloning is immoral. Tattoos are clearly forbidden. Yet they are happy to support all of those things, just not the gays.

Sweet Cakes DOES have a Facebook page. Also, you can link to Melissa's personal page from Sweet Cakes.

I think that it is important that they be supported in their discrimination against homosexuals. Why, the next thing you know, they might be called upon to provide a cake for a divorce celebration, or maybe a bar miitzma, or even a democratic convention! It's a slippery slope, and a good Christain has to make a stand. After all, would Jesus have stood by the brick oven cooking a cake for a gay couple? NO! He might have made some wine for them, but not cake!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3I3pJkvLYw]Happy Birthday from Jesus - YouTube[/ame]

Doesn't really matter.

Actions speak louder than words and they're using their god to spread hate.

They're despicable, no different than Westboro scum.

You are lucky that you are so stupid that you can't tell time.

Nope. Nor that it wasn't hacked.

Or faked.

The weird part is that there are links to a page that doesn't exist, which led me to believe they didn't have a page.

BDBoop said:
I wonder what kind of pressure the vendors were under that they chose to act against this couple.

Screenshot

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. If you don't want your words seen, don't post them on line....pretty simple. Especially if you connect those words to your business...as many who have been fired can attest.

Why?

Having children out of wedlock is a sin, and human cloning is immoral. Tattoos are clearly forbidden. Yet they are happy to support all of those things, just not the gays.

Even if the story was true, they didn't talk to the owners. If you were honest you would admit that, and stop spreading your own version of hate.

Sweet Cakes DOES have a Facebook page. Also, you can link to Melissa's personal page from Sweet Cakes.

That page currently has a popup that says there is a redirect due to a duplicate page.

Think about that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back