Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BDBoop, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Kondor3

Kondor3 Cafeteria Centrist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,200
    Golly-gosh gee willickers... I have no idea what you're talking about... [​IMG]

2. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    Libraries do not burn books, which is something everyone who had ever been inside one would understand without it being explained.

3. RKMBrown

RKMBrown Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    Why, not are there not "stories" of gay people in books? Think of the great sin it would be to for a Christian to let sinners read these stories. The Christians would be liable and go to hell for allowing these books to be stored and read. For that matter how can Christians in good faith allow the bible to be written, printed again and again repeating the same sins over and over again of writing about sin.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. RKMBrown

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    You mean like your advocacy of gay marriage?

5. RKMBrown

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    Lies made up by the bigoted bakers and repeated by you hundreds of times with no corroborating facts.

6. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    Well, you are right, I do not believe in the way that couple dealt with this so maybe it is snideness. What they are doing is snideness also as then do not believe in what the gay couple is doing. Nothing personal but you need to learn the meaning of the words you use.
    How is speaking exactly what that couple is doing making fun of them?
    What is the difference in what the Bible says about ham sandwich and shrimp eaters and being a homosexual?
    The Bible specifically states that eating pork is a sin, many times, MANY MORE TIMES than speaking about homosexuality.
    The Bible specifically states eating shrimp is an abomination unto you.
    The only asinine argument here are from those that single out gay folks to persecute and turning a blind eye towards everything else the Bible says about what is an abomination and sin.
    That would be you, nothing personal.

7. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,226
    Why, not do you understand the grammar rules of?

8. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Newly Minted Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,247
    I quoted to you the specific verse in the Bible where Jesus explained away that part of eating pork being sinful. I don't peg you for being unintelligent, sir, but can you not read? Just because the Bible says it less DOES NOT make it any more less of a sin! Your overly informal interpretation of the Bible will be your own undoing. I will be frank, I criticized your comment because of your lack of Biblical knowledge. You know so much about the laws of men, but literally nothing about the laws of God.

When Jesus died on the cross and rose again on the third day, he was quoted as saying, "I came not to abolish the law of the prophets, but to fulfill." The term fulfill means to "meet the the requirements" to "pay a debt owed" as it were. Instead of God killing off every man woman and child who sinned under the old law, he paid for their sin with his life. It is such a simple aspect of Christianity dawg, yet you fail to see it.

Namely in the book of Hebrews:

Just how exactly did this straight couple persecute this gay couple? Denying service? That's a crock. So, what happens if I make you do something that violates your faith? Will you freely do it? Or will you reject me? Since when am I not allowed to fight for my faith? I don't use words just for the sake of using them, and I most certainly don't exercise such logic as "the bible says it's a sin less than homosexuality, so therefore it must condone homosexuality."

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Newly Minted Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,247
    And just for a little clarification....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  10. RKMBrown

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,297
    Why don't you understand how to move a comma yourself? Do you have people wipe your ass for you?