Chris Matthews says GOP "dividing country along racial lines"

Obviously, both of you guys care, but more to the point, argue against what he is saying.

Romney is outright playing on racial resentment, with he and his surrogates using all sorts of racially loaded language about Birth Certificates and "Not understanding America" and Welfare. The kind of racial pandering the GOP gave up in the 1990's, but it's back now.

OMG, racially loaded LANGUAGE, birth certificate, Not understand America and WELFARE
what a figgen JOKE

Welfare has always been racial code... All the way back to 1980 when Reagan made up stories about a "welfare queen" that turned out not to be in the least bit true.

The GOP seemed to outgrow this kind of crap with George W. Bush, who actually tried to open the party up. And McCain, to his credit, avoided this kind of crap, refusing to do the Wright stuff and dressing down a supporter who called Obama an "Arab".

Rawmoney in his desperation, knows that he isn't going to get the minority vote, and he's going full out white resentment. It will be a sad commentary on this country if it works.

The fact that Romney knows his welfare to work claims are an absolute lie, one needs to ask why he continues that lie. When he adds to that his nonsense non-joke about birth certificates (implying what the right wing pigs are selling, that Obama is really Kenyan), one can only conclude that his subliminal message is "N". Matthews, as big a joke as he can be, nailed the RNC.

Well yea. Republicans are 90% white. This is their last election with the current demographics. If they win through voter suppression, their only option", it will be the death of the party. They aren't even trying to get anyone but the white vote.

Your post is one of the most ignorant ones I have seen in a long time. Where do morons like you come from. :confused:

YOU are a pathetic racist.

Shut up. Republicans have already admitted voter suppression is racial.

And you know it. So stop playing outraged moron.

Your post is one of the most ignorant ones I have seen in a long time. Where do morons like you come from. :confused:

Then explain how they are embracing minorities.

If you can't list 3 examples of how the republican party is reaching out to non-white Americans, then you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

It's a case of pretending to be "outraged". Republicans think it's minority's fault for not embracing the GOP's failed policies.

Anyone know of any employers looking to hire welfare recipients in mass numbers?
You know, those workers with no education, no job skills and no recent employer experience. (just what an employer needs today eh?)

I know many of you rethugs are very successful small business owners (cause you all say you are) so I ask you; are you all hiring welfare recipients?

Just curious. I know that I hear from a lady that runs the food pantry for Catholic Social Services, that it is VERY VERY hard to find an employer willing to hire a welfare reicpient.

What to do? Educate them? No says the GOP. Cut their benefits? Yes say the GOP.
Wtf do you GOPers want wefare recipients to do? Starve and die out?

When I say welfare, I mean people actually on welfare, no code.

I'm not sure of all the liberal bs on codes.

I think Matthews is code for dumb shit liberal. Am I close?

Then explain how they are embracing minorities.

If you can't list 3 examples of how the republican party is reaching out to non-white Americans, then you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

It's a case of pretending to be "outraged". Republicans think it's minority's fault for not embracing the GOP's failed policies.

and the Democrats claim blacks vote for them as if they OWN THEM..
and THEIR conditions are no better today...rampant unemployment, but they do get to live and DIE in that wonderful PUBLIC HOUSING you all so generously give them

Anyone know of any employers looking to hire welfare recipients in mass numbers?
You know, those workers with no education, no job skills and no recent employer experience. (just what an employer needs today eh?)

I know many of you rethugs are very successful small business owners (cause you all say you are) so I ask you; are you all hiring welfare recipients?

Just curious. I know that I hear from a lady that runs the food pantry for Catholic Social Services, that it is VERY VERY hard to find an employer willing to hire a welfare reicpient.

Yeah, Microsoft and Costco are hiring welfare recipients left and right aren't they.

How many have you gone out and helped? Educated, hired, ect.

I'd make a lousy Republican, but I'll be happy to answer your question.

Full disclosure: I successfully extricated myself from all HR issues and headaches about two years ago, but I'll speak from experience.

I hired the people who (1) were most qualified for the job and (2) would represent the company the best. It ain't rocket science. The tough part is determining when an applicant is bullshitting you.

When I was a kid, and quite poor, all I could do was take a job that I could get and then do my best at that job. I would then move up at that job. I would also, on my own time, take courses and/or get certification that would make me more valuable in the job market. That ain't rocket science either. It just takes effort, discipline, sacrifice.

If someone had suggested that I should wait around for someone else to make life "fair" and take care of me, I would have looked at them like they were from Mars.

I think I have more faith in welfare recipients, and the poor in general, than you do. If we stopped treating them like victims and put higher expectations on them, I suspect they'd rise to the occasion.

I know, I know, I'm a racist for saying "the poor" and "welfare", evidently those are code words for blacks. And I'm evil and greedy, I get it, I get it.

Last edited:
When I say welfare, I mean people actually on welfare, no code.

I'm not sure of all the liberal bs on codes.

I think Matthews is code for dumb shit liberal. Am I close?

So what qualifies as "welfare" to you.

The funny thing about it is that "welfare" that the middle class gets- Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance- isn't considered "welfare". They call those "entitlements", and they are "entitled" to them.

But WIC, TANF, Food Stamps, Section 8, and so on, that's "Welfare". And that's what Romney is wailing about, that Obama signed off on waivers to find other methods to run one of these programs - TANF. Some of these waivers were requested by Republican governors.

Romney is hitting this because he knows this kind of talk gets white working folks angry. It's like showing a shiny thing to a cat.

The thing that they should be angry about is that the Romney's of the world have used downsizing, right sizing, outsourcing and offshoring to reduce the middle class's standing economically. But if we ever had that conversation, it could get ugly...

SO look at them welfare people getting waivers.

To the point, even if you've been unemployed for a few months, no one wants to touch you in this job market. Companies that are hiring are happy to poach other companies' employees, but they don't even want to talk to you if you are unemployed.

Reaching out to non-whites!!!! That would be racism.

Romney is outright playing on racial resentment, with he and his surrogates using all sorts of racially loaded language about Birth Certificates and "Not understanding America" and Welfare. The kind of racial pandering the GOP gave up in the 1990's, but it's back now.

How is the birth certificate issue about race???

Any white person who hires a black is asking to be robbed.

My God, is this the depth to which we have sank? Do we not understand capatalism or free enterprise anymore? Is everything a 'right'? Is 'fairness' something that defines our very existence. I think I want to puke everytime I hear this 'social justice' whining from the left.

Everyone has a tragedy in their lives. But the bottom line is that you pick YOURSELF up and you find a job that you have the talent and experience to perform. Then you do the very best you can do. If you are on time, work hard and do MORE than what is expected, you will get experience and you MIGHT get promoted. Then, when the time is right, you look for something better. After awhile sunshine, you can get to the level that you want to be. If you are looking for something to be handed to you, then you will go NO WHERE.

This is absolutely insane. You know what I owe you? NOTHING cup cake... I owe you and everyone just like you NOTHING. You want to sit around and do nothing... fine. But you get exactly what you deserve... NOTHING!

Any white person who hires a black is asking to be robbed.

Good grief, how idiotic can you get?

I hired many races and the only ones that ripped me off we're white.

Forum List

Back