ChoppedLiver!!!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010

I wasnt joking....i make THE BEST chopped liver......EVAH

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]

Mushroom Liver Pate

1 pound Chicken livers, cut into small pieces, rinsed and drained on a paper towel.
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, minced.
½ pound mushrooms, washed and sliced.

¼-1/2 cup dry sherry
3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of nutmeg
4 tablespoons of cold butter.

(This is where having a food processor will come in very handy… I do this whole thing more or less in it. I do most of the work in it…. I chop the onions and garlic, then chop the mushrooms)

In a large sauté pan, sauté the mushrooms in butter until most of the liquid has been reabsorbed. Remove to a large bowl

In the same pan, sauté the onion in butter until soft and golden. Remove and add to the mushrooms.

season the live with salt and pepper.

In the same pan, sauté the liver in butter until no longer pink. … do not overcook or it will be tough.

Add liver, mushrooms and onions to the food processor and give it a whirl. Scrape down sides and add seasonings and parsley. With the motor running add in ½ of the sherry and taste. If you want more…add the rest of the sherry. Dot the top of the mix with the cold butter and let the motor run until its whipped in.

Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.

transfer to a bowl and press plastic wrap onto the liver so it does not from a "skin" When cool, chill.

I can never just make a single small batch….just triple it!

Mushroom Liver Pate

1 pound Chicken livers, cut into small pieces, rinsed and drained on a paper towel.

¼-1/2 cup dry sherry
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of nutmeg

(This is where having a food processor will come in very handy… I do this whole thing more or less in it. I do most of the work in it…. I chop the onions and garlic, then chop the mushrooms)

In a large sauté pan, sauté the mushrooms in butter until most of the liquid has been reabsorbed. Remove to a large bowl

In the same pan, sauté the onion in butter until soft and golden. Remove and add to the mushrooms.

In the same pan, sauté the liver in butter until no longer pink. … do not overcook or it will be tough.

Add liver, mushrooms and onions to the food processor and give it a whirl. Scrape down sides and add seasonings and parsley. With the motor running add in ½ of the sherry and taste. If you want more…add the rest of the sherry. Dot the top of the mix with the cold butter and let the motor run until its whipped in.

transfer to a bowl and press plastic wrap onto the liver so it does not from a "skin" When cool, chill.

Oh, that sounds perfect! Next up, I must acquire a food processor. ;)

Chopped liver and cod-liver oil...Mom's price for just being a kid...:ack-1:

Syrenn, you KNOW that I love you. Hell, I sometimes come here just to look at your avatar and wonder if that is you? But chopped liver? Sorry, NEVER had it and just couldn't bring myself to eat it. I was made to eat liver and onions ONCE. Thought I was going to die.

• Banned
Syrenn, you KNOW that I love you. Hell, I sometimes come here just to look at your avatar and wonder if that is you? But chopped liver? Sorry, NEVER had it and just couldn't bring myself to eat it. I was made to eat liver and onions ONCE. Thought I was going to die.

pate is considered haute cuisine.... :eusa_drool:

:)

Mushroom Liver Pate

¼-1/2 cup dry sherry
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of nutmeg

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION] -- me too. What are you looking at?

I saw this one and it had pretty good reviews.

Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor : Target

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Processor-Compact-Storage/dp/B002V8RNH2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379346921&sr=8-1&keywords=hamilton+beach+10+cup+food+processor]Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Food Processor with Compact Storage: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I've got about $150-$175 worth of Target gift cards burning a hole in mah pocket!

Last edited:

Mushroom Liver Pate

¼-1/2 cup dry sherry
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of nutmeg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-Processor-Compact-Storage/dp/B002V8RNH2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379346921&sr=8-1&keywords=hamilton+beach+10+cup+food+processor]Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Food Processor with Compact Storage: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I've got about $150-$175 worth of Target gift cards burning a hole in mah pocket!

I haven't actually looked, so thanks for the links!

I haven't actually looked, so thanks for the links!

if a food processor is not something you will use often... dont bother to by a very expensive one....

a cheap one will do just fine.

the one linked will be great! ... look for one at bed bath and beyond...and keep an eye out for a coupon!

Last edited:
I am so going to try syrenn's recipe! It sounds DELISH!

Forum List

Back