Chinese Workers destroy section of Great Wall

Failzero

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2011
Oak Run Ca.
Chinese Construction crew collapses section of Great Wall to make “ Shortcut Road “ to worksite ( Arrests made and I would approve of some Communist executions over this )

Meh.

AA1gnupT.img

That's huge wall....of immense historical value....yes

If they teared down a very small piece to make a "shortcut" to a working place that will benefit many...

Then...it's not such a big crime IMO

I hope they execute the Job Boss and the Workers involved in the damage of the Ancient Section of the Great Wall of China

Effin idiots don't realize they're supposed to be making our Happy Meal toys, not destroying monuments.

Now how are they gonna keep the Mexicans out?
Mexico is a tad bit on the other side of the globe, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. However, if Mexico WAS near the Chinese border, they'd find a way to slither into China. If, that is, there were a lot of free handouts.

The “Great Wall of China” is truly magnificent to visit, but at different times “Great Walls” were built in 15 provinces and their “protected” remains extend collectively for more than 10,000 miles. You can visit stupendous walls running on the very tops of mountains just a few hours drive north of Beijing.

A unadvertised tradition is — after you arrive — to pick up a small stone or pebble and carry it up the steep stairs and leave it on top … so you can claim you helped build the Great Wall of China!

There are elevators & cable cars that allow you to cheat and avoid much of the climb. It is a great day trip, but the popular sites near Beijing can be mobbed, which kills the fun, so you need to plan where you go and when. Even at the closest Great Wall sites near Beijing once on the very top you can almost always walk the old stone horse and soldiers’ marching path for hours (if you have time) and get away from the crowd.

Elsewhere, you can hike the Wall’s shattered and weather-worn remains for weeks and only rarely meet another adventurous soul.

Last edited:
Chinese Construction crew collapses section of Great Wall to make “ Shortcut Road “ to worksite ( Arrests made and I would approve of some Communist executions over this )
Yikes.

Good for anyone who needs a vital organ - a definite shortcut to that...

It's a wall...no more than that. So fix it and move on. Historical value is of little importance. Just fix it.

The thing is, there are the tourist parts of the wall the Chinese like to show off, which are very well preserved.

And then there are the parts that are in remote, rural areas, and people see them as a source of quarried stone they can use for other purposes.

Looking at this picture, it's obvious they spent months making this rural road, and no one noticed until after they were done.

1694689766798.png

Forum List

Back