Chinese mock "boring white people food".

They must be eating British food...
We got married in Key West. One night we went to a Chinese banquet place. It was amazing , hundreds o different dishes all well cooked. I could hav spent the whole week there. I cried when we left.
In the restaurant there were airmen from the basr. 4young lads aged about 20.
They were all eating big plates of mashed potatoes and gravy.. Iwatched them. When they finished their plates they went back and filled up with more potatoes and gravy.
I had to ask them why they were ignoring the chinese food. They said mash and gravy was a taste of home.
You cant argue with that.

We got married in Key West. One night we went to a Chinese banquet place. It was amazing , hundreds o different dishes all well cooked. I could hav spent the whole week there. I cried when we left.
In the restaurant there were airmen from the basr. 4young lads aged about 20.
They were all eating big plates of mashed potatoes and gravy.. Iwatched them. When they finished their plates they went back and filled up with more potatoes and gravy.
I had to ask them why they were ignoring the chinese food. They said mash and gravy was a taste of home.
You cant argue with that.

True. There is even something to be said for a McDonald's hamburger in another country. I'm not sure what, but something...

My first wife was born in England. About the only thing I miss of her mother's English fare is the Yorkshire pudding. I can make the little mince pies, the sausage rolls, but I just can't seem to master the Yorkshire pudding. Roast beef and gravy I can do, but I would love to finish off with some homemade Yorkshire pudding...

Under a photo of processed cheese, ham and crackers packed neatly in plastic, a Weibo user writes that to eat this for lunch is to “learn what it feels like to be dead”.

I think they are being harsh. I can imagine the grimness of facing a slice of cheese between two slices of white bread but we have moved on a lot these days.

The food our grandparents grew up on is now a rarity and most people have a bit of chutney on a cheese roll.

You choose to live in a country that's nearly entirely white. You must enjoy the cuisine.

True. There is even something to be said for a McDonald's hamburger in another country. I'm not sure what, but something...

My first wife was born in England. About the only thing I miss of her mother's English fare is the Yorkshire pudding. I can make the little mince pies, the sausage rolls, but I just can't seem to master the Yorkshire pudding. Roast beef and gravy I can do, but I would love to finish off with some homemade Yorkshire pudding...

Im not a big fan. My kids love them.

Forum List

Back