Chinese General: China cannot Challenge U.S

Aug 2, 2009
Northern, CALIFORNIA
Chinese General: "China Does Not Have The Capability To Challenge The U.S."

China's top military officer said Wednesday that his country lacked the equipment and directives necessary to challenge the U.S. militarily.

"Through my visit over the past couple of days in the United States, I am surprised by the sophistication of the U.S. military, including its weapons and equipment and doctrines and so on," People's Liberation Army leader General Chen Bingde said. "I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States. As a matter of fact, the reconnaissance activities along China's coast by U.S. military aircraft and vessels are seen in China as deterrents."

Chinese General: "China Does Not Have The Capability To Challenge The U.S." - FoxNews.com

sun tzu, the art of war: ..."if you are strong, feign weakness" ~BH

They got nukes, a manufacturing base and a billion screaming Chinese. I'd say they're ready to challenge us anytime.

They got nukes, a manufacturing base and a billion screaming Chinese. I'd say they're ready to challenge us anytime.

I think not... 80% of those over a billion people are living slims China does not develop any technology on their own they steal it from us. They spend more on their internal police state, keeping the people under control then they spend on their military. Soon as we wrestle the control of Washington from the libs we'll be Steaming along again.:cool:

In order to be a threat they need to grow the economy a great deal. Maybe he is sincere?

It was not that long ago that we took apart a million man army in less than two months, and Chinese military capability and tactics aren't that different from the army we reduced to noting so very quickly.

The Communists always think long term goals. 20 years down the road, when their economy is such that their average wage is closer to $10 that ten cents they might be more of a menace.

I think not... 80% of those over a billion people are living slims China does not develop any technology on their own they steal it from us. They spend more on their internal police state, keeping the people under control then they spend on their military. Soon as we wrestle the control of Washington from the libs we'll be Steaming along again.:cool:

They don't "steal" it. Republicans are standing in line to "give" it to them.

"US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - The New York Times

The chamber makes no apologies for its policy of not identifying its donors. It has vigorously opposed legislation in Congress that would require groups like it to identify their biggest contributors when they spend money on campaign ads.

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

bchinab.jpg

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

----------------------------------------

Connect the Dots! It's pretty obvious where the money is coming from and where it's going. Where else will the COC get millions to spend on Republicans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese General: "China Does Not Have The Capability To Challenge The U.S."

China's top military officer said Wednesday that his country lacked the equipment and directives necessary to challenge the U.S. militarily.

"Through my visit over the past couple of days in the United States, I am surprised by the sophistication of the U.S. military, including its weapons and equipment and doctrines and so on," People's Liberation Army leader General Chen Bingde said. "I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States. As a matter of fact, the reconnaissance activities along China's coast by U.S. military aircraft and vessels are seen in China as deterrents."

Chinese General: "China Does Not Have The Capability To Challenge The U.S." - FoxNews.com

sun tzu, the art of war: ..."if you are strong, feign weakness" ~BH

Uh oh!
It sounds like you need to keep an eye on the door!

Do not underestimate your possible foe. This is just another ploy in the emerging Cold War II. Try to feign incompetence and inferior equipment in order to steer US defense spending away from Chinese interests.

In any conflict between the US and China the theater of operations will be Southeast Asia. The Chinese have no power projection beyond that area. Therefore our technical advantage will be diminished somewhat because China's interior lines will be much shorter. Comparing Iraq's dilapidated Army with the Chinese is fruitless.

They don't "steal" it. Republicans are standing in line to "give" it to them.

"US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

U.S. Chamber of Commerce - The New York Times

The chamber makes no apologies for its policy of not identifying its donors. It has vigorously opposed legislation in Congress that would require groups like it to identify their biggest contributors when they spend money on campaign ads.

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

bchinab.jpg

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report

----------------------------------------

Connect the Dots! It's pretty obvious where the money is coming from and where it's going. Where else will the COC get millions to spend on Republicans?

Really?..Get your story straight idiot...Liberal crony capitalism

Chinese Army Gets U.S. Missile Technology for Money

A newly released document from the U.S. State Department reveals that the most successful Chinese espionage operation in recent history occurred during the Clinton administration.

The document accuses Hughes Space and Communications Company of violating U.S. national security 123 times by knowingly sending detailed missile and space technology directly to the Chinese army.

According to the State Department, the most serious violations occurred when Hughes gave the Chinese army information that supported its analyses of the investigation of the January 1995 failure of the launch of a China Long March 2E (LM-2E) rocket carrying the Hughes-manufactured ASTAR II commercial communications satellite.

On Jan. 26, 1995, approximately 52 seconds into flight, a Chinese LM-2E carrying the Hughes APSTAR II communications satellite failed. This was the LM-2E's second failure. The first failure of the LM-2E in December 1992 involved an attempted launch of the Hughes OPTUS B-2 commercial communications satellite.

Clinton Overrules Secretary of State

The alleged improper export by Hughes of satellite technology was cited as a key reason when Clinton's secretary of state, Warren Christopher, rejected a plan to give the Commerce Department full authority to control satellite exports.

According to a Sept. 22, 1995, memorandum, Christopher rejected plans to give Commerce the authority to approve satellite exports after an interagency study noted that "significant" military and intelligence capabilities could be lost.

The memorandum stated the Pentagon and U.S. intelligence agencies strongly opposed the policy change because Hughes exported two satellites with sensitive cryptographic technology without first getting a State Department munitions license. Cryptographic technology is used to scramble communications sent to satellites to prevent unauthorized access.

President Clinton, who transferred the power to regulate sensitive satellites to Commerce, under Commerce Secretary Ron Brown, ultimately overruled Christopher.

Clinton's transfer allowed the Chinese army to acquire advanced U.S. technology for military purposes. Hughes satellites currently provide the Chinese army with secure communications that are invulnerable to earth combat and highly accurate all-weather navigation for strike bombers and missiles.

Clinton and Chinese Missiles

Didn't help them defeat Vietnam in order to protect their ally the Khmer Rouge! M100s of thousands poured over the border. In less than a month the Chinese had more causalities than the US had in 10 years!

Anyone who thinks China cannot challenge the US should do some research on the Korean war. They were far less technologically advanced back then.

They pushed us into a stalemate with sheer numbers of troops, most of whom just used hand grenades and had no concept of what an airplane was so they would not even get off the road when their column was strafed.

Numbers of troops count for a whole lot in a ground war.

Didn't help them defeat Vietnam in order to protect their ally the Khmer Rouge! M100s of thousands poured over the border. In less than a month the Chinese had more causalities than the US had in 10 years!

Maybe you should talk to the Vietnamese about protecting you.

I think they could stand a chance, but we would still squash them.
I just don't like the idea of them mass producing their own jets, they plan to do it at an alarming rate.

We need very close military ties to gain our trust.
But I think our militaries need to work together on stuff that NATO is dealing with.

Yep those kinds of people make tough troops. I know I fought them.

They are tough and need little to survive whereas we need plane loads of stuff to support our spoiled asses.

China is buying big time into African oil and such.

I expect they are doing the same with Siberian resources.

Oh NOOOOOOooooOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!! A screaming contest!!! Scawy!!!! :eek:

Well I'm sure glad they are few thousand miles away.. All that sqweeemin would get annoying if they were right on our shores makin all that racket!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back