Chinese Dilemma......

Fear not, China is buying up all of Australia's best agricultural land

I know, that food will be a true threat to the free world.

I do not see how a populous country with little arable land attempting to attain a secure food supply is surprising or aggressive. The evil, hostile PRC bought farmland with the force of...peaceful purchases from willing landowners. See the Chinese government in whatever way you'd like, and criticize their shortfalls, but you have to be fair. China's unpopularity in the West does not give you the free ability to slam China for everything they do, bad or not (People really say dumb things about China, like Jeremiah's theory about their exportation of Christian persecution to America, just because they know that few people will oppose them). It may satisfy you if China just takes no steps that would be beneficial to her well-being, however lawful or justified, and remains in a needlessly precarious position. However, no rational country would choose that path.

China is choosing Australia as a source of food because Australia has the most available land and is close to China. If you have a problem with the Chinese farming your dirt, then they'll just have to buy farmland elsewhere.

I do not deny the moral righteousness of such a policy, but the unfortunate fact of the matter is that American politicians would simply use morality as an excuse to impose trade restrictions on China while they not only allow trade, but also give billions of US aid dollars to Israel, a country that forces its settlements deeper into Palestine, a UN-recognized nation, blockades the Gaza Strip with the knowledge that it causes a choke-hold on the import of essential non-military goods, and whose soldiers occupying Palestine shoot and maim/kill Palestinians for reasons like standing too close to the border fence not sporadically or occasionally, but repeatedly (possibly meant to ease resistance and ensure compliance to Israeli actions with a fearful, militaristically despotic atmosphere)-in short, such a policy would only be applied when politicians want it to be applied.

Spare me the crocodile tears. Yes, Israel has done many things wrong, but China should look at how many Tibetans they've killed before pointing any fingers elsewhere. Maybe if you were born in a Tibetan family living under Chinese rule instead of where you were, you'd understand. You freely (seem to) acknowledge China's wrongdoings, and as a self-described Asian student, why are you not endevouring to protest against them?

http://tibet.net/2013/02/05/chinas-oppression-of-tibetans-escalates/

Also, the nations with poor human rights records will usually have undemocratic governments that their citizens cannot influence, and some of the countries that this policy would target would be bound to resist American influence, and then, their citizens would either suffer (example: North Korea), or we would have to make allowances regarding our human-rights policy.

Are you serious? Whatever the Americans' faults, the Korean War was completely justified, and most Koreans on the peninsula today (in South Korea) would readily agree. If the ROK wants America gone, they can easily break off all military ties, but as of today they have yet to do so. I'm sorry, but you have no right to speak for Korea whatsoever

Additionally, this policy also requires closing doors on more nations then we'd expect, some of which are quite friendly with the US-for instance, Taiwan, which has rather flexible death penalty laws and has been known to torture confessions out of criminal suspects, and Indonesia for its forced relocation ("transmigration") policies, among numerous others-will this work against them, or will it work against us?

Taiwan's 'flexible' death penalty laws? That's your excuse for criticizing them? Why do you attack Taiwan, a stable democratic ally of the West, yet try so hard at every turn to defend China, a Communist dictatorship? Hegemonic presence or no, we will never abandon the Republic of China or the Republic of Korea, or the Philippines or Japan, regardless of your own feelings for any of their governments

This matter is controversial, and is open for debate. However, notice my usage of the word "seems"-no matter what the government's intentions are, I find it unfair that injustices have been directed at normal Muslim Americans only for choosing to affiliate with a certain religion.

Well, most who follow the Prophet Muhammad were raised so by their upbringing, but some converted also, even some whites convert to Islamic creed in the West, it is just minor point though. Other than the allegations on the usual U.S.-bashing sites, have you spoken with Muslim-Americans concerning these 'brutal' experiences? Have those you known (if any) reported such abuse or injustice, and if so, can you share their accounts?

But truth be told, I tell you frankly that China is not much liked even in Asia, most Indonesians love Japan far more

Last edited:

Forum List

Back