Chineeez Steel is Crap!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
What happened to QUALITY????

I just busted a chinese 3/8 NC Tap in some chinese steel and wore out its replacement in 3 holes.

The chinks don't take care how they make steel any more. They just throw any and every chunk of scrap steel into thier foundries and turn out dangerously nconsistant product. There are hard spots like I have encountered this morning and over the last several months and weak patches that could easily go undetected until it is too late.

If we keep using this inferior steel we are going to have some big time failures in collapsing buildings and bridges.

We are not just outsourcing our jobs...we are importing future problems in our infrastructure.

I agree with you. What happen to all our steel mills? Who owns our steels mines now?

The chinks don't take care how they make steel any more.

any more ? has somebody been smoking crack ?

i thought it was common knowledge that good steel comes from Japan and Germany, sometimes USA but certainly not China.

my Bosch carbide drill bits go through concrete like it was butter. it has MADE IN GERMANY stamped right into the bit.

I just busted a chinese 3/8 NC Tap in some chinese steel and wore out its replacement in 3 holes.

The chinks don't take care how they make steel any more. They just throw any and every chunk of scrap steel into thier foundries and turn out dangerously nconsistant product. There are hard spots like I have encountered this morning and over the last several months and weak patches that could easily go undetected until it is too late.

If we keep using this inferior steel we are going to have some big time failures in collapsing buildings and bridges.

We are not just outsourcing our jobs...we are importing future problems in our infrastructure.

I heard that because we don't produce steel to sell to China anymore, we just toss our tires into our old cars and then shread the cars and sell the steel to China. So not only is the steel inferior, they are polluting the atmosphere when they burn the shreaded steel we sell them, because its got tires in it.

Now one good thing about this approach is that we are getting rid of millions of bad/old tires.

Quit buying cheap chinamans taps and/or steel then.

Last edited:
I checked out the production numbers last week. We're making like 4,000 million tons of steel per month. China is making 48,000 million tons of steel per month.

That trounces everyone else by many multiples.

i absolutely agree with ya Hug.....it seems like every thing they make is crap...

i absolutely agree with ya Hug.....it seems like every thing they make is crap...

Yet former Bush employees now work for China, showing them loopholes in our trade agreements so they can flood the US market with their shitty tires. No wonder I have had to change my tires in 2 years.

From 2004-2008, we have experienced a surge of Chinese tires that is equal to an increase of nearly 300 percent in dollar terms, and over 200 percent by volume over 2003 levels. Meanwhile, U.S. production of tires has declined by 25 percent and four plants around the country have closed. This is compelling evidence that China is dumping tires into the U.S. domestic market—a clear violation of its World Trade Organization accession agreement.

Section 421 of the Trade Act of 1974 was amended by the US-China Relations Act of 2000. Section 421 sets a lower burden of proof for harm to a sector of the economy as a result of product dumping; further, the measure provides restrictions that apply specifically to imports from China. The ultimate decision on remedy remains with the President.

I am no stranger to Section 421 cases; in 2003, I testified in support of petitioners in a case involving welded non-alloy steel pipe. The ITC ruled in favor of the petitioner but, unfortunately, President Bush opted against giving relief. I hope for a better outcome from the Obama Administration in the event that the ITC rules favorably.

Ryan (D-OH): China Flooding US Market in Violation of Trade Law - Eyes On Obama

Between pet food baby formula toys drywall etc I don't buy anything made in China anymore No more dollar store shopping

I do like egg rolls though Even if it may not be chicken

I can't be that picky when I have goals and deadlines. In Seattle you don't have that many choices. Special orders can take more than a week. Sometimes I don't know I need a piece of metal until I need it. Prototyping is anywhere from scientific to seat of your pants. There is no time for engineers. I'm my own QA.

The big steel companies sell scrap to asians and unload ships loaded with shit for our use.

Come to think of it thats why the japoneeeez attacked us in 41....we were dogging em on raw materials...oil and steel.

The big steel companies sell scrap to asians

yep.

like they did after 9/11 with WTC beams that have been cut up with thermite.

after Asians melted the beams down now Truthers can now have fun trying to prove that beams never buckled due to heat.

and NIST can now try and prove that they did.

of course rather than paying NIST to develop new laws of physics to explain the collapse they simply could have preserved a sample of a column ... but then the conclusion might have been "wrong" and we don't want that !

frankly i don't know why they couldn't just explain that Saddam was conducting fire drills a week before 9/11 and put thermite there then.

maybe they could have but Asians paid a good price for the scrap metal ?

Look for steel prices to go up...
:eusa_eh:
China to Impose 'Special Restrictions' on Steel Mills
March 10, 2013 - New rules aimed at making China's sprawling steel sector greener will do little to tackle rampant overcapacity or help Beijing protect its big state-owned mills from smaller, nimbler rivals.
China's environment ministry has said it will impose "special emissions restrictions" from next month on major industries from steel and petrochemicals to cement, non-ferrous metals and coal-fired power. Environmental inspections have already started in big steel producing regions. But when it comes to steel, it's more than just pollution.

Many in the industry hope the curbs will help tackle overproduction, slash the number of privately-owned mills and boost the market share of state-owned giants such as Baoshan Iron and Steel (Baosteel), Wuhan Iron and Steel and Angang Steel. "If we are to solve the emissions problem more effectively, reducing capacity is a part of it," said He Wenbo, Baosteel's chairman, on the sidelines of China's parliament session last week. "We approve of any effort to strengthen the laws, and no enterprise in the steel sector that has reached a certain standard will oppose it," he said, noting the implementation of environmental standards would help create a level playing field. Wang Yifang, head of China's biggest steel firm, the Hebei Iron and Steel Group, also said China needs to use environmental controls to rein in overcapacity.

Big mills have seen their profits eaten into by smaller rivals, and the government has sought to boost the giants' competitive position by raising industry standards and thresholds. It wants its top 10 mills to control 60 percent of total capacity by 2015, up from around half now, and is likely to use "administrative measures" like pollution and resource-use standards to meet that goal. "I think the government is sincere in its efforts to curb pollution but at the same time, it is of course trying to increase its control over the steel sector. Cleaner air and a more orderly steel industry is a win-win for China," said a government policy researcher who didn't want to be named.

Wishful Thinking

Forum List

Back