Chineeez Steel is Crap!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by HUGGY, Jun 15, 2009.

1. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    What happened to QUALITY????

I just busted a chinese 3/8 NC Tap in some chinese steel and wore out its replacement in 3 holes.

The chinks don't take care how they make steel any more. They just throw any and every chunk of scrap steel into thier foundries and turn out dangerously nconsistant product. There are hard spots like I have encountered this morning and over the last several months and weak patches that could easily go undetected until it is too late.

If we keep using this inferior steel we are going to have some big time failures in collapsing buildings and bridges.

We are not just outsourcing our jobs...we are importing future problems in our infrastructure.

2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    I agree with you. What happen to all our steel mills? Who owns our steels mines now?

3. neurosport

neurosport BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    any more ? has somebody been smoking crack ?

i thought it was common knowledge that good steel comes from Japan and Germany, sometimes USA but certainly not China.

my Bosch carbide drill bits go through concrete like it was butter. it has MADE IN GERMANY stamped right into the bit.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,115
    I heard that because we don't produce steel to sell to China anymore, we just toss our tires into our old cars and then shread the cars and sell the steel to China. So not only is the steel inferior, they are polluting the atmosphere when they burn the shreaded steel we sell them, because its got tires in it.

Now one good thing about this approach is that we are getting rid of millions of bad/old tires.

5. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Quit buying cheap chinamans taps and/or steel then.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  6. Tech_Esq

Tech_Esq Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +558
    I checked out the production numbers last week. We're making like 4,000 million tons of steel per month. China is making 48,000 million tons of steel per month.

That trounces everyone else by many multiples.

7. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,623
    i absolutely agree with ya Hug.....it seems like every thing they make is crap...

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,115
    Yet former Bush employees now work for China, showing them loopholes in our trade agreements so they can flood the US market with their shitty tires. No wonder I have had to change my tires in 2 years.

From 2004-2008, we have experienced a surge of Chinese tires that is equal to an increase of nearly 300 percent in dollar terms, and over 200 percent by volume over 2003 levels. Meanwhile, U.S. production of tires has declined by 25 percent and four plants around the country have closed. This is compelling evidence that China is dumping tires into the U.S. domestic market—a clear violation of its World Trade Organization accession agreement.

Section 421 of the Trade Act of 1974 was amended by the US-China Relations Act of 2000. Section 421 sets a lower burden of proof for harm to a sector of the economy as a result of product dumping; further, the measure provides restrictions that apply specifically to imports from China. The ultimate decision on remedy remains with the President.

I am no stranger to Section 421 cases; in 2003, I testified in support of petitioners in a case involving welded non-alloy steel pipe. The ITC ruled in favor of the petitioner but, unfortunately, President Bush opted against giving relief. I hope for a better outcome from the Obama Administration in the event that the ITC rules favorably.

Ryan (D-OH): China Flooding US Market in Violation of Trade Law - Eyes On Obama

9. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Between pet food baby formula toys drywall etc I don't buy anything made in China anymore No more dollar store shopping

I do like egg rolls though Even if it may not be chicken

10. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I can't be that picky when I have goals and deadlines. In Seattle you don't have that many choices. Special orders can take more than a week. Sometimes I don't know I need a piece of metal until I need it. Prototyping is anywhere from scientific to seat of your pants. There is no time for engineers. I'm my own QA.

The big steel companies sell scrap to asians and unload ships loaded with shit for our use.

Come to think of it thats why the japoneeeez attacked us in 41....we were dogging em on raw materials...oil and steel.