UN Security Council imposes New sanctions on N.Korea

What do you think about sanctioning against N.Korea?

• Need more sanctions against N.Korea

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Instead, order an attack on N.Korea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arrange a diplomatic solution with N.Korea

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xomputer

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
UN Security Council imposes New sanctions on N.Korea.
Resolution 1874 provides a strong and united international response to North Korea. In relation to this, N. Korea responded to UN sanctions by claiming its program to develop nuclear weapons-grade enriched uranium had reached an experimental stage.

What do you think about sanctioning N. Korea?

1. Need more sanctions against N.Korea
2. Instead, order an attack on N.Korea
3. Arrange a diplomatic solution with N.Korea
4. I don't know

Last edited:
Why do we care if N Korea has nukes or not?

They are a soverign nation.

Heck we don't say nothing about the terrorist state of Israel haveing nukes.

We should just leave them along.

Thats an international issue and we should be more concerned about it because it can trigger the new race of nuclear weapons in the region and can weigh instability ..

the US is not among the nations who have worked to reduce weaponization... so it's funny to change the tune all of a sudden.

Pffffft!!

Judging from the recent past, these sanctions are merely an avenue for some elements within the U.N. to turn a tidy little profit from circumventing them.

How that collection of tin pot dictators has any credibility left anywhere in the world is a mystery to me.

UN sanctions are such a deterent...

They could be if we got rid of permanent members and veto rights, and formed some sort of World Peace Keeping force that actually enforced international law... until then, he who has the biggest guns does what he likes - those that do not have the big guns, better get them if they want any respect.

hansbrix.jpg

Sanctions coupled with diplomacy. Since that choice is not available in the poll, I've not voted yet.

Sanctions have been shown to sometimes hurt the general population rather than the governing body. Diplomacy works but usually involves concessions on both sides. Notwithstanding the fact that any single nuclear attack by any single country could initiate the war that ends life on earth as we know it, I would suggest we make the Napoleonic egoists that run North Korea truly understand that if they initiate any nuclear attack on any country whatsoever, we will most assuredly and without hesitation reduce their entire country to rubble and radiation zones. There will not be left a single living human within the boundaries of their country...and for several miles around.

North Korea is a saber-rattling country. I doubt they actually think they would win in a nuclear conflict.

We care because we don't want to die, dumbass. There is no reason to believe that they will not use nukes if they have them.

We care because we don't want to die, dumbass. There is no reason to believe that they will not use nukes if they have them.
Yes there is. The North Koreans leaders are candy-assed, arrogant, little kids wearing green uniforms, waving weapons that they haven't the balls to use. They delight in making others think they are tough. I would worry more about a nutjob in Pakistan than the twits in North Korea.

...and Israel is not a terrorist state. Those around them are.

Yes there is. The North Koreans leaders are candy-assed, arrogant, little kids wearing green uniforms, waving weapons that they haven't the balls to use. They delight in making others think they are tough. I would worry more about a nutjob in Pakistan than the twits in North Korea.

...and Israel is not a terrorist state. Those around them are.

You haven't the vaguest idea what you are talking about. NKs have never been shy about using their weapons. They have captured and attacked ships in international waters. Fired missiles. Violated the DMZ with combat patrols. Engaged in fire fights with South Korean and US troops for the last 60 years.

Your analysis makes no sense at all in light of the facts.

Forum List

Back