China's Xinjiang hit by deadly clashes

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Clashes in China's restive Xinjiang region have left 21 people dead, including 15 police officers and officials, authorities say.

Source: BBC

The Uighurs of Xinjiang have long been oppressed by the CCP. A legendary warrior people, they are feared by many of the ruling Han and therefore when threatened the PLA tends to react viciously.

You do realize that that this is happening in a predominately MUSLEM part of China, right?

You do realize that that this is happening in a predominately MUSLEM part of China, right?

and??

R U saying that all Muslims are terrorists and wrongs being done to them should be ignored?

Oh and I do realize that more than 90, yes 90 Tibetans in those 2 "autonomous" ( pardon me while I guffaw) provincial areas that share common heritages etc. have self-immolated in the last 4 years.............back in the 60's that used to mean something...:rolleyes:

^ There used to be sympathy towards Tibet in the U.S. administration but for some reason for past 4 or 5 years it has diminished.

^ There used to be sympathy towards Tibet in the U.S. administration but for some reason for past 4 or 5 years it has diminished.

Yeah, Obama demonstrated his sympathy when he made the Dalai Lama himself sneak out of the White House by the garbage cans. What a principled statesman.

Forum List

Back