China tightens its grip on HongKong

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
HONG KONG—Huge crowds of demonstrators took to the streets Sunday to protest a proposed law that would allow Beijing to take people from Hong Kong to stand trial in mainland China.

Well, of course no one should be surprised by this...not even to mention that many of these Hong Kongers out demonstrating now actually and unbelievably supported the departure of the English.

Massive Crowds Take to Streets in ‘Last Fight’ for Hong Kong

A lot of Canadian citizenships will be activated but even though it will be slow that in turn will flush a lot of China's GDP down the toilet. China's economy is highly dependent. on the overseas Chinese, which in this case includes Hong Kong and Macao. Taiwan and Singapore are not sufficient to keep China growing without massive IP theft that could easily trigger tariffs in the EU as well.

I am amazed that it has taken this long for the mainland to clamp down on Hong Kong. They were reticent at first because of the financial position of Hong Kong. That influence was needed by the mainland and ruffling feathers of the Hong Kong based financial elite would have been detrimental. I think the mainland leadership feel that they have achieved the financial prowess to finally start taking Hong Kong into the CCP fold. There is not a damned thing Hong Kong can do about it either. Sad.

I am amazed that it has taken this long for the mainland to clamp down on Hong Kong. They were reticent at first because of the financial position of Hong Kong. That influence was needed by the mainland and ruffling feathers of the Hong Kong based financial elite would have been detrimental. I think the mainland leadership feel that they have achieved the financial prowess to finally start taking Hong Kong into the CCP fold. There is not a damned thing Hong Kong can do about it either. Sad.

I expect to see a lot of Hong Kongers vote with their feet.

Didn't I just hear about a left wing plan to take American citizens and put them on trial before some U.N. tribunal for "crimes against humanity". The left was all for that proposal.

Forum List

Back