China smokes US stealth technology: the other shoe of an failed Dem CIC drops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Revere, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    It's 1979 all over again. The economy is in the tank and the Democrat in the Oval Office eviscerates the military and cuts military technology programs.

FoxNews.com - China's New Fighter Jet Could Pose 'Terrifying' Challenge to U.S. Fleet

Of course, we know what happened next.

Nyet!

[​IMG]

2. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    This plane is still doing runway tests. It isn't even expected to be operational for 3-4 more years.

Meanwhile in reality the US is out of the arms race forever.

It costs China about 5-10% as much to design and build high technology systems as it costs us and they have 1/3-1/2 as large an economy as we do.

Meaning we can't play. Period. We are broke.

We lose the arms race. Deal with it.

3. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    The pariah state of China and their thievery has little to do with democraps. God you people are hopelessly polarized.

4. R.C. Christian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    You are WAY out of touch with reality with those statements, moreover, we've been broke my entire life and I'm only 41. You're framing this in very simplistic terms. We can't play? Really? All of this nonsense we call the middle east is nothing more than a war of attrition against China. And that's all it is. Long term vision by some extremely smart people.

5. loosecannon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    yeah whatever, we borrow more money from China each year than we spend on defense.

China is quickly catching up while spending less on defense than we spend on prescription drugs.

6. R.C. Christian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    China is building it's first aircraft carrier. We have 22 carrier groups. You vastly overestimate the power of the chinese military. You need to read more, because you are way out of you league here. China is an inferior pariah state with an infantile foreign policy. It has hordes of hackers but no battle tested army. It's an authoritarian state of the worst magnitude, but no Germany. Their russian based ABSM tech will soon be compensated for. It is ludicrous to suggest that they will match our defense spending anytime soon much less breech the technological and strategic advantages that we already possess. The idea is laughable. "quickly catching up"? Not even close.

7. loosecannon

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    And yet unless we spent our entire federal budget on the military we could not compete with China in an arms race.

and we have 11 carrier groups not 22.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. newpolitics

newpolitics vegan atheist indy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +283
    This is just more fear-mongering in order to get us to cut domestic spending on things we need and to amp up our military... again, for the ever present (sarcasm) contingency that we GO TO WAR WITH CHINA??? When the hell is that ever going to happen? That would be WW III, and in that case, I think a plane would be the least of our worries. How about having yellowcake for lunch? That would be more my concern. This is just another conservative ploy to pump more money into the military. Understandably, China is an upcoming economic threat, but they don't have to be a military one if we act like adults, and not little kids trying to get the next best toy.

9. R.C. Christian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    You're correct, I was mistaken, only 11 or 12. Perhaps my cold war thinking was still intact, but any event you vastly overestimate the capability of the PLA. Nobody wants a nuclear war, and sustained conventional war serves little purpose because the cost is too high for both sides. They calculate strategy in decades, not years. They are very patient. and the chessboard is ours for years to come. We just to have match their gains tit for tat. The cold war never ended it just brought in a new player.

10. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    which btw we get a lot of ingredients (25%) for our prescription drugs from China :)