China Economy is collapsing:

Will China possible collapse cause a World Depression?

• Yes

• No

• Who hid the pineapple?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell

After reading the report it seem China Economy is not well after all and the Communist Party ( Are they truly Communist? ) is now fretting over the lockdowns and housing market issues they face.

So after reading the article please read the poll and answer it and thank you.

Nope. Less competition for resources in an inflationary period actually helps take the stress off western economies.

Nope. Less competition for resources in an inflationary period actually helps take the stress off western economies.
Nearly all the manufacturing for western economies has been moved there.

Even though such a collapse of the Chinese economy will serve as a huge wake-up call, it's going to take some time for the world's nations to tool up to fill the manufacturing hole.

Even though such a collapse of the Chinese economy will serve as a huge wake-up call, it's going to take some time for the world's nations to tool up to fill the manufacturing hole.
Start tooling, Dude.

Best thing Canada and the U.S. can do is move everything to Mexico, Central and South America and flip China the bird!

$500B in GDP loss in a $21T economy is a 2 to 3 % drop. Hardly a collapse or knock on great depression. Its only about 17% of our total trade a year. Sure it would have consequences, but consequences equal opportunities.

$500B in GDP loss in a $21T economy is a 2 to 3 % drop. Hardly a collapse or knock on great depression. Its only about 17% of our total trade a year. Sure it would have consequences, but consequences equal opportunities.
What ripple effects will that loss have?....Murica still does export products....Can't sell anything to people who haven't any money.

What ripple effects will that loss have?....Murica still does export products....Can't sell anything to people who haven't any money.

The numbers I cited include US exports to China. They are the combined value of our exports and imports with them. As for knock-on, we will sell to other people and buy from other people. Supply and demand tends to be self-adjusting pretty quickly these days.

The numbers I cited include US exports to China. They are the combined value of our exports and imports with them. As for knock-on, we will sell to other people and buy from other people. Supply and demand tends to be self-adjusting pretty quickly these days.
Yeah, reality always bats last. Meanwhile things get interesting. I just got off the phone (skype) w/ a buddy of mine living in China & he mentioned that atm about 200 million people where under covid lock-down. They can do that there w/ cameras & ID card chips all over; I wouldn't call that oppressive (which it is) as much as I'd call it downright goofy.

But hey, they don't want my advice so I'll just share it here...

Yeah, reality always bats last. Meanwhile things get interesting. I just got off the phone (skype) w/ a buddy of mine living in China & he mentioned that atm about 200 million people where under covid lock-down. They can do that there w/ cameras & ID card chips all over; I wouldn't call that oppressive (which it is) as much as I'd call it downright goofy.

But hey, they don't want my advice so I'll just share it here...

I don't need a friend in China because the OP already provided a source for that information. It is also not new news. They have been doing these lockdowns awhile here and there. It is why gas prices are falling here, not Decomposing Joe releasing like two days worth of oil from the strategic reserve over many months. I appreciate their efforts at lowering our inflation. If that means I cannot buy some knock off mickey moose tshirt, so be it.

It's already underway.

I don't need a friend in China because the OP already provided a source for that information. It is also not new news. They have been doing these lockdowns awhile here and there. It is why gas prices are falling here, not Decomposing Joe releasing like two days worth of oil from the strategic reserve over many months. I appreciate their efforts at lowering our inflation. If that means I cannot buy some knock off mickey moose tshirt, so be it.

The lockdowns will continue until Chairman Xi gets his third term. Then all bets are off as to what will happen.

If China's economy totally craters that increases the likelihood they might do something rash, like try to take Taiwan by force, or if nothing else, try to jam up the Taiwan straight.

The lockdowns will continue until Chairman Xi gets his third term. Then all bets are off as to what will happen.

If China's economy totally craters that increases the likelihood they might do something rash, like try to take Taiwan by force, or if nothing else, try to jam up the Taiwan straight.

I think they are positioning themselves strongly with the BRICS thing. If that ever gets more formalized into a proper preferential trade pact, America could be in trouble. The C and the I combined are half the world's population.

Forum List

Back