China changes Taiwan's name

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
China is the new name maker in the town :)

---

China chose a sports contest to announce the change of the name of Taiwan, a self-governed cash-rich island. The state-run China Central Television addressed Taiwan at the 2017 Asian Table Tennis Championships on April 11 as "Zhongguo Taipei" instead of "Zhonghua Taipei," a report in the Global Times website said.

Zhongguo and Zhonghua both mean China, but Zhonghua refers to a general concept of a Chinese nation, while Zhongguo refers to the People's Republic of China. The change sparked criticism from Taiwan's Mainland Affairs Council Chairman Katherine Chang.

After Arunachal Pradesh row, China changes Taiwan's name in sports contest

Well if China is happy just pretending that Tawain is theirs, while the rest of the world chuckles at them, and reassures them by patting them on the head, then we'll just continue to play along with the charade as long as no harm is done.

giphy.gif

Well if China is happy just pretending that Tawain is theirs, while the rest of the world chuckles at them, and reassures them by patting them on the head, then we'll just continue to play along with the charade as long as no harm is done.

Pearl of wisdom :)

I don't know why China loves so much doing things like that...I hope they don't want to change my country's name too :D
Joking aside this is not the best way to improve relations between them and Taiwan... :uhh:

Forum List

Back