China can field an Army of 200 Million Men

If we were to fight China again if would probably be in Korea (again). I think we gave them way more than they wanted last time.

If we were to fight China again if would probably be in Korea (again). I think we gave them way more than they wanted last time.

China is pissed off with N Korea and is not going to mess up their trade relationships with the west to protect an unstable ally

In all seriousness, China is not going to fight with us, whiile the US in the middle of tearing itself apart in obama's civil war. The Chinese are a very patient people they can afford to wait until we are fighting in the streets. Then they merely need to come in and mop up. China has natural allies with the American communists, the difference is only that China is economically capitalist, America is moving to economic marxism. The Chinese are happy to let the American left do their work for them.

After all, didn't we write the book on international intervention? Isn't obama right now in 8 different countries imposing peace? No one is going to complain when the Chinese army goes into our streets to impose order.

In all seriousness, China is not going to fight with us, whiile the US in the middle of tearing itself apart in obama's civil war. The Chinese are a very patient people they can afford to wait until we are fighting in the streets. Then they merely need to come in and mop up. China has natural allies with the American communists, the difference is only that China is economically capitalist, America is moving to economic marxism. The Chinese are happy to let the American left do their work for them.

After all, didn't we write the book on international intervention? Isn't obama right now in 8 different countries imposing peace? No one is going to complain when the Chinese army goes into our streets to impose order.

Wow...what a paranoid, idiotic post

I remember back in the discussions on Gulf War I when Iraq was billed as having a huge army, a large part of which were veterans of the 10 year war with Iran.

They were taken to pieces and nearly eliminated in the course of 6 weeks.

Gulf War II went even faster.

The Chinese don't have an effective air arm. The navy is even less of an issue.

The only reason China has that big of an army is because they are afraid of their population.

China's military interests at this point are defense of their territory..something they are more then capable of doing.

actually no, thats not quite true. they have been and are extending their self proclaim hegemony in the south china sea, but stretching what they call territorial waters. there have been incidents they have initiated between Indian, Vietnamese and Philippine navies....

they see economics as Clausewitz saw war, policy just by another means. they do realize that muscling up militarily as in projection, i.e. aircraft carriers etc. helps their economic cause as well.

thats why obamas decision to not sell brand new F-16's to Taiwan and for the admin. to actually go out of their way to dump on a leading candidate in the Taiwanese elections as to 'upsetting' as to the 'balance' because she is adamantly pro Taiwan Independence is very foolish.

Except its true! Obama has us involved in 8 separate military actions around the world. We have the beginnings of obama's civil war in the leftist protests in our streets. American companies can't leave the country fast enough. China has absolutely no reason to fight with us while we are in the process of disintegrating.

Except its true! Obama has us involved in 8 separate military actions around the world. We have the beginnings of obama's civil war in the leftist protests in our streets. American companies can't leave the country fast enough. China has absolutely no reason to fight with us while we are in the process of disintegrating.

:/

The last thing China would want is the US to disintegrate. We go, they go. A majority of their economy is invested in the US alone. They would be kicked into the dark ages if we went under.

:/

The last thing China would want is the US to disintegrate. We go, they go. A majority of their economy is invested in the US alone. They would be kicked into the dark ages if we went under.

Well, they wouldn't let that happen would they? If it looked like this was likely, they would come in as custodians and restore order. What are we doing around the world?

Sadly, and I say this will all sincerety, as China's interests in the US are so entrenched, the citizens might welcome such intervention. There would be no grassroots opposition of any size.

I was discussing this with a friend. As we looked around and realized how heavily invested our city had become to Chinese interests, everything was owned by China or a Chinese, or soon to be owned, improved, changed, torn down and built up, he said that one day we would wake up and find LA Harbor filled with Chinese warships. My answer was "By then no one will care".

Don't get over-excited.

I was discussing this with a friend. As we looked around and realized how heavily invested our city had become to Chinese interests, everything was owned by China or a Chinese, or soon to be owned, improved, changed, torn down and built up, he said that one day we would wake up and find LA Harbor filled with Chinese warships. My answer was "By then no one will care".

You and your friend need to put down the bong for awhile.

I'm almost looking forward to it.

If the choice is between Chinese communism and liberal marxism, there is no choice.

Uncle Ferd says dat's why dey don't have enough womens to marry `cause o' dat one-child policy so dey gonna come over here an' steal alla white womens - `cause dem Chinawomens is marryin' gayboys...
:eek:
16 million women married to gay men in China: Expert
Feb 3, 2012: An estimated 16 million women in China may be married to homosexual men, "silently suffering" the consequences to sustain their wedlock, a leading Chinese expert claimed today.
Prof Zhang Bei-chuan from Qingdao University, who researches on AIDS and HIV, said that about 90% of homosexual men marry because of pressure to follow traditional values prevalent in the country. "But their wives are struggling to cope and their plight should be recognised," he was quoted by the state-run China Daily. About 16 million women in China may be married to homosexual men, he claimed.

Xiao Yao, a 29-year-old magazine editor in Xi'an, Shaanxi province, divorced her gay husband in 2008. "Most gay men's wives I've known are silently suffering at the hands of husbands who could never love them, and like me, some even got abused by husbands who were also under great pressure," she said. She runs a website which has 1,200 such women registered as users and says it "makes them feel they're not alone and empowers them to make the right choices."

However, the gay community is split on the claim. "Zhang's estimation is unsubstantiated and I even feel it's pointless to research the issue," Xiao Dong, a 36-year-old gay, who heads a civil organisation for HIV/AIDS prevention and control, said. "To put gays' wives under the spotlight might cause more public misunderstanding or even hatred toward the gay population, which does not help defuse existing social discrimination against them," he said, while adding that the question of marriage is complicated for them.

However, Meng Lin, a 50-year-old gay from Beijing, believes that Zhang's estimation is reasonable. "I myself almost married a woman many years ago, but finally gave up when I learnt I was HIV positive," he said. "Gay men and gays' wives are both victims of social discrimination and stigma, so we should not simply blame one party," he added. Wang Zi (name changed) said that he would never tell his parents the truth and while he does not want a heterosexual marriage, he would consider it so as not to hurt the feelings of his parents. "I may marry a lesbian and we can keep going with our own lifestyle more honestly," the 27-year-old said.

Source

You bet we did. They ran us below the DMZ, then held us to the DMZ generally for the rest of the war, then held us to the DMZ in the peace talks. In other words, Red China saved North Korea.

China has no need of an army over here. They can simply foreclose and get it all.

Some people just can't resist repeating that tired old nonsense every time any topic relating to China comes up.

I honestly don't think China and the US will ever get into a traditional war...our economies are too involved with each other, if we crash so do they. Also, if it were to happen, true their army is vast, however they have no navy compared to us and our air force is superior.

Forum List

Back