Childless women furious of mothers taking advantage of them in office

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Natalie Harper, 47, left her well-paid job in the financial sector after constantly being expected to travel at short notice, when colleagues who were parents were not.

'Once a month one of us had to hand-deliver and collect signatures on important documents. The date always varied and was often last minute, sometimes with less than 24 hours' notice. Month after month my boss chose me to carry the documents.

'When I raised this with him, I was told I was the best person for the job, which is nonsense — anyone can get on a plane and collect a signature. I have no doubt it fell to me because they thought I had no responsibilities outside of work. It led to such a divide with my colleagues that I ended up quitting.'

Ha! welcome to the party pal Ma'am.....It's almost like they are realizing what it's like to be a man in a male/female workplace. ;)

I don't think she thought this one through.....How will she feed her 12 cats without a job? :laughing0301:

That said why fly somewhere to secure a signature? Must be a Brit thing. :dunno:

Natalie Harper, 47, left her well-paid job in the financial sector after constantly being expected to travel at short notice, when colleagues who were parents were not.

'Once a month one of us had to hand-deliver and collect signatures on important documents. The date always varied and was often last minute, sometimes with less than 24 hours' notice. Month after month my boss chose me to carry the documents.

'When I raised this with him, I was told I was the best person for the job, which is nonsense — anyone can get on a plane and collect a signature. I have no doubt it fell to me because they thought I had no responsibilities outside of work. It led to such a divide with my colleagues that I ended up quitting.'

Ha! welcome to the party pal Ma'am.....It's almost like they are realizing what it's like to be a man in a male/female workplace. ;)

I don't think she thought this one through.....How will she feed her 12 cats without a job? :laughing0301:

That said why fly somewhere to secure a signature? Must be a Brit thing. :dunno:
If she’s traveling and they are not I hope she makes more than them.

Democrats are for employees sharing what they make. Republicans discourage it. I bet she doesn’t know what they make.

Workplaces are doing a better job accommodating for parents, and this is a good thing. However, this woman is right: the accommodation should not be that she does all the traveling. They have to come up with something else.

I'd rather travel than have to go home and take care of the kids.
I have a f150. Sometimes something big has to be taken to fed ex. Ok but I’m leaving at 4.

Maybe this woman said she was willing to travel when she interviewed and the mothers said no.

Workplaces are doing a better job accommodating for parents, and this is a good thing. However, this woman is right: the accommodation should not be that she does all the traveling. They have to come up with something else.

Making allowances for having kids is necessary if you want to make hiring women a thing; women have babies when they're married most of the time. It's biology. If some incel is jealous and doesn't like her job, tough shit; families come first over sniveling bitches with no kids of their own.

I have a f150. Sometimes something big has to be taken to fed ex. Ok but I’m leaving at 4.

Maybe this woman said she was willing to travel when she interviewed and the mothers said no.

More like this woman is just another Burb Brat narcissist whining, like Democrats do.

Making allowances for having kids is necessary if you want to make hiring women a thing; women have babies when they're married most of the time. It's biology. If some incel is jealous and doesn't like her job, tough shit; families come first over sniveling bitches with no kids of their own.
Getting pigeonholed into a crucial task by your work can be a barrier to promotion.

When I worked for Dupont I had top seniority on my team when it came to picking vacation. I usually chose deer season and that encompassed Thanksgiving, the only holiday I was bothered about so it was like a 2-fer.

Every fuckin' year the women would be whining about me taking it off. They even went so far as to have a "team meeting" about me being so "selfish" and how they needed time off with their family and such.....Never mind that the women were always calling in for some family matter great and small.

I sat there and did not say a word till the lead bitch asked what I had to say.....I told her, fine I can do that if you want but I'll be taking Christmas from now on.

Damn, talk about a stake through the heart! The guys busted out laughing and the lead bitch huffed out of the room.....She always took Christmas.....It was the last I heard of that noise. ;)

More like this woman is just another Burb Brat narcissist whining, like Democrats do.
Well one things for sure I would need to have more information and know all the facts before I would start a thread like this. Did she check the box Willing To Travel when she applied for the job? Does she make the same as those other women?

I'll give you an example. This woman at my work complained that all the guys got to come and go as they pleased and the women did not. Seems unfair until you find out the guys are all outside salary sales people and the women are all administrative hourly employees.

An inane post about some Brit? Where do you find this stuff. Based on your other post you violate your own rules on sources.
Are you fuckin' slow or something?

The point is men in a mixed gender work force, wherever they might be in the western world, have been putting up with that kind of shit for years out of women.....“Sauce for the goose, Mister Saavik.” ;)

Well that's assuming that is the real reason. Perhaps she is more reliable and trustworthy for doing it? Obviously something like that requires a certain amount of responsibility.

And I mean she is getting paid to do it. If she hates it that much she can find another job. Sometimes with some jobs you have to chose work or personal life. If she wants exact fairness and her desires met then she needs to join a unionized McDonald's, but in the professional workplace you have to make choices or sacrifices a lot of times.

But fuck it, I'll say it. If they really do pick her because she is childless then that's fine. Life isn't fair and sometimes you have to sacrifice the good of the few for the good of the many.

But if it is true and it does eat into her time beyond her scheduled work hours and inconveniences her then she should be compensated. She should get the day off after everytime she goes, a bonus added to her paycheck or something. If you ask someone to do more then you should reward them for doing it.

If she’s traveling and they are not I hope she makes more than them.

Democrats are for employees sharing what they make. Republicans discourage it. I bet she doesn’t know what they make.
Being Democrats, they should definitely want the lady who does all the traveling to be paid more. But then to pay most of it in taxes so that the parents in the office can get free child care.

I don't see what the gripe is about. Get me out of the office, to visit another city and stay in a hotel spending per diem? With my only task to say, "please sign on the 'X' and initial these four statements?"

Someone complaining about that has never loaded packages into a trailer sitting in the Texas afternoon sun, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back