Childhood's End

I thought it was great. The Jesus murdering chick was hilarious. She started off as thoughtful and calm and ended up zany crazy right wing murdering terrorist.

Always thought Clarke was overrated as a SF Writer.

Clark had the 'science' part down as a SF writer- with brilliant big ideas.

He just wasn't as good of a story teller as say Heinlein and others- he was rather dry.

But conceptually- he was a fascinating writer.

I thought it was great. The Jesus murdering chick was hilarious. She started off as thoughtful and calm and ended up zany crazy right wing murdering terrorist.
You see political division in everything
its dean horty.....he sees republicans no matter where he is at or what he is doing....its what happens when you become obsessed with something......

I thought the kids floating away was hokey. The book had the all the children gradually drifting away mentally until they were totally oblivious, which could have been more terrifying if done well. And the book gave a better explanation of why the overlords looked the way they did.

I cringed when Dr. Boyce said in reference to Karellen, "Don't yank the lion's tale." It was similar to the ending of Dracula Untold. Charles Dance saying, "Let the games begin." If you cast Mr. Dance are you then required to insert a Game of Thrones reference?

Forum List

Back