Child Mortality In The U.S. Should Be Going Down, But It’s Rising.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Thanks to decades of scientific advances, we have the ability to save the lives of infants born months prematurely, prevent infectious diseases and effectively treat previously fatal conditions such as diabetes, leukemia and HIV/AIDS.
snip
“We identified four causes of death that seemed to be the main drivers of this trend: suicide, homicide, drug overdoses and car accidents,” Woolf said.
snip
“Drug overdose deaths are highest in white children, generally speaking; car crash accidents [are] highest in Native American young people; and the homicide rates [are] markedly higher in African American youth,” Woolf said.
snip
In these rising homicide deaths, the weapon is almost always a gun. Guns are also the cause of almost half of suicide deaths in young people ages 10 to 19.

Of youth gun deaths, about two-thirds are homicides and one-third are suicides, Sarah Burd Sharps, senior director of research at Everytown for Gun Safety, told HuffPost.

In 2020, shootings overtook car accidents as the number one cause of death for U.S. children and teens.
snip
Nearly one time every day, a child somewhere in the United States, under 17 but often 2, 3, 4 and 5 years old, gets their hands on a gun and unintentionally shoots themselves or someone else.”

Thats really an eye opener.

Thanks to decades of scientific advances, we have the ability to save the lives of infants born months prematurely, prevent infectious diseases and effectively treat previously fatal conditions such as diabetes, leukemia and HIV/AIDS.
snip
“We identified four causes of death that seemed to be the main drivers of this trend: suicide, homicide, drug overdoses and car accidents,” Woolf said.
snip
“Drug overdose deaths are highest in white children, generally speaking; car crash accidents [are] highest in Native American young people; and the homicide rates [are] markedly higher in African American youth,” Woolf said.
snip
In these rising homicide deaths, the weapon is almost always a gun. Guns are also the cause of almost half of suicide deaths in young people ages 10 to 19.

Of youth gun deaths, about two-thirds are homicides and one-third are suicides, Sarah Burd Sharps, senior director of research at Everytown for Gun Safety, told HuffPost.

In 2020, shootings overtook car accidents as the number one cause of death for U.S. children and teens.
snip

Nearly one time every day, a child somewhere in the United States, under 17 but often 2, 3, 4 and 5 years old, gets their hands on a gun and unintentionally shoots themselves or someone else.”

You ignore the cause of suicides, which is our crazy, toxic liberal culture

Ditto for homicides

Its not the gun, its the culture of single moms

Last edited:
snip
snip
snip

snip

Hopefully it's higher in red states.

I thought the country was doomed?

It is. You wanting infants TO DIE in red states is why. I don't want to share a nation with people who want fellow citizens' babies TO DIE because of politics. That's no longer a nation at any rate--well, one headed for civil war. At best.

It is. You wanting infants TO DIE in red states is why. I don't want to share a nation with people who want fellow citizens' babies TO DIE because of politics. That's no longer a nation at any rate--well, one headed for civil war. At best.
Never said I WANT infants to die.

You must apologize for lying.

I did say if they're going to die, let's hope it's in greater numbers in red states than in blue states.

Let my people live!

Never said I WANT infants to die.

You must apologize for lying.

HOPEFULLY--you said--HOPEFULLY, it's in red states.

Does this mean, "If infants must die, I hope it's the infants of my political enemies"?

Yeah. Can't share a nation with that. That's no longer a nation at any rate.

HOPEFULLY--you said--HOPEFULLY, it's in red states.

Does this mean, "If infants must die, I hope it's the infants of my political enemies"?

Yeah. Can't share a nation with that. That's no longer a nation at any rate.
You people are always saying America needs to be great again. past tense. So for you America suscks

Russia is moving tactical weapons into Belarus, China is launching military drills around Taiwan, Crime is spiraling out of control in the US, Mexican drug cartels are controlling the borders, the banking system is stressed, the whole US economy could collapse at any minute, mentally ill transgenders are shooting up schools, and Artificial Intelligence could go "Terminator" and destroy the whole world.

And you want my guns? Try to come get them, assholes.

Last edited:
Nope. You people did. How you're getting pushed back.

The thing that is always entertaining is why you even care. Why do you care?

For 20+ years you've called us every single name in the book. Racist, homophobe, transphobe, trailer trash, xenophobe, Islamophobe, etc. FINALLY it worked. We're checked out, we're done. And now you all seem nervous as wet cats. "What do you mean it's over?"

You are really a pack of stupid you know it? What do you EXPECT to happen when you tongue lash people for decades and decades?

Forum List

Back