CHICAGOLAND: Witness accuses Rahm of cover-up in beach brawl...

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
More Flash Mob violence and libs are (again) trying to cover it up!

A Chicago woman who played witness to a beach melee on Memorial Day weekend wants Chicago police and officials to come clean about what happened along the lakefront in May.

City officials said they closed North Avenue Beach on May 30 because of excessive heat, but Amy Schwartz says no one is talking about the excessive violence that prompted her to call 911 that day.

"There's a fight breaking out on the beach because there's nothing but animals covering this beach today," Schwartz phoned into the police. "What the hell is going on?"

Schwartz said she was walking from Oak Street Beach toward North Avenue Beach on Memorial Day when she witnessed a woman being beaten by a gang of people on the beach.

"They were being rude and abusive and throwing trash around and defecating," Schwartz said. "The crowd became very animated. They were cheering on the beating and more people joined in, so I kept walking forward. I was afraid I could be next."

Schwartz believes the story of what really happened that day is being purposely downplayed in the name of saving Chicago's summer tourist business and the reputations of the city's new mayor and police superintendent.

Source: Woman Believes Beach Violence Covered Up | NBC Chicago

In other words they are lying about what happened on the beach. We can't have flash mobs with Rahm or Obama in charge.

But the 911 tapes tell a different story:

June 23, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago has released some of the 911 calls that led police to shut down North Avenue Beach on Memorial Day.

The calls reveal violence may have been a problem when the beach was closed.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Chicago's top cop, Garry McCarthy, have insisted the action was due to concern about public health and safety because of heat-related illnesses. They said the closure did not have to do with gangs or fights. But the 911 calls include complaints about fights involving dozens of people at Oak Street Beach and North Avenue Beach.

Caller: "We need immediate police officers on the scene. I believe there's a fight.

Operator: How many would you say? 10, 20, 30?

Caller: I would say 30 or more.

Operator: Do you see any baseball bats or knives or anything? Caller: I do not.

Operator: Okay, we'll get some officers over."

"There are a few people who say they're going to shoot us and whoop our a--," another caller said.

"There is a fight breaking out on the beach because there is nothing but animals covering this beach today...You can't even walk or ride along the bike path - there is no crowd control. What the hell is going on?" one caller asked.

Callers also revealed problems spilling onto Lake Shore Drive. "There are people literally trying to run across Lake Shore Drive. I almost took out two of them."

See more with video here: 911 tapes reveal fights on North Avenue Beach before the beach was shutdown by police on Memorial Day | abc7chicago.com

Forum List

Back