Chicago Named One of Safest Cities in the World

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Despite Chicago’s alarming, if select, murder statistics and routine singling out by President Donald Trump for gun violence, this lakeside metropolis was just ranked one of the safest cities in the world.

The Economist Intelligence Unit, a London-based research firm affiliated with the Economist magazine, named Chicago to its 2017 Safe Cities Index, issued Thursday — one of only three US cities to crack the top 20 — largely based on advances in digital security.

The annual ranking assesses 60 global cities using four factors: personal safety, health security, digital security and the safety of infrastructure.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/13/chicag...witter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter

So...the trains are safe if you don't get shot.

Chicago does not truthfully report their crime stats
6BA6BA58-D5B5-483C-B0B6-A1B1E5CEDF4B.png

Chicago ranked as 19th safest city out of 60 of the biggest cities. Chicago scored high in "digital safety", I have no idea of what that means, other than it has nothing to do with whether you might get mugged or shot on the street.

A lot of these big cities ranked are giant sh1tholes in 3rd-world countries. Yeah, Chicago is safer than Mexico City. Only 6 cities are in the US. Yeah, Chicago beat places like Washington DC and New York City. Smaller "big cities" like Detroit and St. Louis weren't ranked.

I always take rankings like this with a big grain of salt, because a lot of details are pretty arbitrary.

Oh please. I live in Chicago. It's a great city.

But if you are black and traveling around a Redneck state? Oh man. You could end up SWB. Shot while black.

NAACP Missouri Chapter Issues Travel Warning For People Of Color

Missouri's "Jim Crow bill" leads NAACP to issue travel warning

NAACP Missouri travel advisory is the first issued for a state - CNN

Republicans are dangerous and bad people. You have to be really careful around them. Nazi White Wingers promote murder and violence. They claim they don't, then you see all the unarmed blacks they murder. And the gays they want to kill. They even promote murder in their churches.

Some right wing pastors that promote murder:

Pastor Roger Jimenez
Pastor Steven Anderson
Pastor Kevin Swanson
Pastor Jesse Price
Pastor Charles L. Worley
Pastor Bert Farias
Pastor Jeffrey S. Smith

But if you are black and traveling around a Redneck state? Oh man. You could end up SWB. Shot while black.

Republicans are dangerous and bad people. You have to be really careful around them. Nazi White Wingers promote murder and violence. They claim they don't, then you see all the unarmed blacks they murder. And the gays they want to kill. They even promote murder in their churches.

Pastor Roger Jimenez
Pastor Steven Anderson
Pastor Kevin Swanson
Pastor Jesse Price
Pastor Charles L. Worley
Pastor Bert Farias
Pastor Jeffrey S. Smith

Chicago is a communist stronghold..........

Welcome to Chicago

I like Chicago and the northern burbs; people there are pretty nice, been there a lot over the years. Midtown and south? Not so much, and of course south Chicago is Somalia and Namibia. Don't even risk getting lost there.

So, Chicago is safe in white neighborhoods, and if you're white in your own neighborhood, you're not going to get shot.

I guess liberals are OK with that.

Despite Chicago’s alarming, if select, murder statistics and routine singling out by President Donald Trump for gun violence, this lakeside metropolis was just ranked one of the safest cities in the world.

The Economist Intelligence Unit, a London-based research firm affiliated with the Economist magazine, named Chicago to its 2017 Safe Cities Index, issued Thursday — one of only three US cities to crack the top 20 — largely based on advances in digital security.

The annual ranking assesses 60 global cities using four factors: personal safety, health security, digital security and the safety of infrastructure.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/13/chicag...witter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&sr_share=twitter

LOL,

in Eritrea is more secure as in some Chicago's black neighborhoods.

Chicago ranked as 19th safest city out of 60 of the biggest cities. Chicago scored high in "digital safety", I have no idea of what that means, other than it has nothing to do with whether you might get mugged or shot on the street.

A lot of these big cities ranked are giant sh1tholes in 3rd-world countries. Yeah, Chicago is safer than Mexico City. Only 6 cities are in the US. Yeah, Chicago beat places like Washington DC and New York City. Smaller "big cities" like Detroit and St. Louis weren't ranked.

I always take rankings like this with a big grain of salt, because a lot of details are pretty arbitrary.
Digital safety means you prolly wont catch a stray bullet while masturbating to gay cumshot videos

Pastor Roger Jimenez
Pastor Steven Anderson
Pastor Kevin Swanson
Pastor Jesse Price
Pastor Charles L. Worley
Pastor Bert Farias
Pastor Jeffrey S. Smith
How many dozens of innocents are going to be gunned down this weekend in your great city?

Pastor Roger Jimenez
Pastor Steven Anderson
Pastor Kevin Swanson
Pastor Jesse Price
Pastor Charles L. Worley
Pastor Bert Farias
Pastor Jeffrey S. Smith
How many dozens of innocents are going to be gunned down this weekend in your great city?
Would it matter to you how many get gunned down in Chicago or Las Vegas? Hell no.
Body Counts Don`t Matter

Pastor Roger Jimenez
Pastor Steven Anderson
Pastor Kevin Swanson
Pastor Jesse Price
Pastor Charles L. Worley
Pastor Bert Farias
Pastor Jeffrey S. Smith
None of those Pastors advocate murder. They simply believe reprobate faggot filth would be put to death by the government, if we lived under a righteous, God-fearing government.

It wouldn't be murder, it would be justice.

DA FUCK?!?

No way in hell I'd consider Chicago "safe." ~SMH~

From the things white paper:

Meanwhile, another major shift has come to the fore: the rapid deployment of digital technologies in pursuit of the so-called “smart city”. The technologies no doubt bring benefits. As part of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, sensors collect and wirelessly transmit data from physical objects, delivering new insights into city operations and permitting remote and more efficient management of infrastructure and services. Connecting apartments and office buildings to the electricity grid via smart meters, for example, delivers energy efficiency and cost savings.

And with the spread of closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs) and webcams around cities, technologies such as artificial intelligence and data analytics can greatly enhance the capabilities of law enforcement agencies to combat urban crime and terrorism.

Yet the rush to embrace smart city technologies also creates vulnerabilities if investments in digital technologies are not accompanied by commensurate investments in cyber security. Wealthy cities are making investments, albeit to varying degrees, but security often comes lower on the list of spending priorities for cities with already stretched finances.

The consequences of neglecting cyber security could be dire. For example, if hackers were to shut down the power supply, an entire city would be left in chaos. This prospect is something city officials now need to plan against.

Cities are also defined by the complex, interlinked nature of their systems and infrastructure. This complexity has a bearing on safety. For example, experts are uncovering links between the quality of housing and the health of citizens. And while terrorist attacks are what make headlines, traffic accidents are a greater day-to-day danger for urban residents. Natural forces are also coming in to play as climate change poses new risks to cities, with extreme weather events becoming an even greater threat, as illustrated by the devastation Hurricane Harvey just delivered to Houston, Texas.

---

So I guess, ironically (given the D platform that terrorism is a minor problem,) they are saying that Chicago has put a lot into protecting from terrorist attacks?

Last edited:

Yeah....just stay out of the poor democrat areas and stay in the rich, democrat areas.....

This is great news !!!!

Think I'll plan a trip to Chicago, and I'll plan a few walking days, where I'll simply go for a walk in any random neighborhood around the city !
This is going to be wonderful !

Forum List

Back