Chicago mayor apologizes, protesters urge he resign

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Emanuel, apologizes, thus taking ownership. Crowds of angry BLACKS take to the street demanding Emauel step down. Emanuel promises total reform. What in liberal speak keeps that promise from meaning he will step down?

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, under heavy criticism for his handling of a police shooting that resulted in the death of a black teen, gave an emotional apology on Wednesday hours before angry crowds closed city streets while demanding his resignation.

In a special address to the City Council, the mayor said "I'm sorry" and promised "complete and total reform of the system."

Emanuel, apologizes, thus taking ownership. Crowds of angry BLACKS take to the street demanding Emauel step down. Emanuel promises total reform. What in liberal speak keeps that promise from meaning he will step down?

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, under heavy criticism for his handling of a police shooting that resulted in the death of a black teen, gave an emotional apology on Wednesday hours before angry crowds closed city streets while demanding his resignation.

In a special address to the City Council, the mayor said "I'm sorry" and promised "complete and total reform of the system."
How many loads did you blow reading that?

Guess the black lives matter crowd was right after all.

Oh that poor Cop, to be sacrificed by Ballerina. You think one of BHOs' crew has integrity to resign? They voted the idiot into office a few times now, what they think? he cares about Citizens? why should he quit? He is doing what Democrats do. See Det, STL, CLEVE, WhiteHouse.

Hold the evidence until.........."after the election". Like ObammyCare

Are Democrats in a Democrat controlled city shitting on blacks again? How soon before they blame Republicans and call them racists?

:lol:

let me get this straight;

many thousands of muslims carry out terror every year, year in year out for decades
but we shouldn't judge them all

.4% of all black killings are done by cops, but we need to judge them all and revamp the whole system

These thoughts are in the same minds.

Someone kills someone else = we need more gun control

muslim mass murder Americans = we can't think of doing background checks

There is nothing right in the leftist mind

No matter, the moonbats will elect him again.

Hilarious.

Anyone who thinks Rahm is going to step down voluntarily is delusional! The REASON he did what he did (not releasing the video) was that it might have kept him from getting re-elected!

I'm amused by the Black Lives Matter crowd turning on one of Barry's boys though...bet you Progressives didn't see THAT coming...did you?

I think a dead person won a seat in Missouri? So they had his Wife take the spot. Don't know if it was Dem or R? I think it was a white guy. Died before the vote (not sure how many weeks/months prior?).

Anyone who thinks Rahm is going to step down voluntarily is delusional! The REASON he did what he did (not releasing the video) was that it might have kept him from getting re-elected!

I'm amused by the Black Lives Matter crowd turning on one of Barry's boys though...bet you Progressives didn't see THAT coming...did you?
The BLM is nothing but a bunch of uncle toms now

The BLM crowd may turn out to be liberal Democrats worst nightmare, TT...the cities with the most problems with cops shooting blacks are overwhelmingly run by liberals. So if BLM starts going after Mayors of those cities...they are going to be going after guys LIKE Rahm Emanuel.

I think a dead person won a seat in Missouri? So they had his Wife take the spot. Don't know if it was Dem or R? I think it was a white guy. Died before the vote (not sure how many weeks/months prior?).
Five people have won election to Congress, despite being dead

1962. Rep. Clement Miller (Calif.). Miller was killed in a plane crash in October, while seeking reelection for a third term. He won by 1.6 percentage points. Donald Clausen was chosen to fill his seat.

1972. Reps. Nick Begich (Alaska) and Hale Boggs (La.). Boggs, then the Democratic House Majority Leader, was campaigning with Begich in a small plane in Alaska when it vanished. Three weeks later, Election Day arrived, and both men -- neither of whom had been declared dead -- won reelection. (Begich won by 12 points; Boggs was unopposed.) Boggs was replaced by his wife Lindy, who served until 1991. Begich was replaced by Rep. Don Young, who won a special election the next March -- after losing to the missing Begich. Young still holds the seat.

2000. Gov. Mel Carnahan. In one of the most famous examples of a politician winning a race despite being dead (also due to a plane crash), Mel Carnahan narrowly defeated former Missouri Gov. John Ashcroft in the 2000 Senate race in the state. Carnahan's widow, Jean, was appointed to his seat but lost a special election in 2002.

2002. Rep. Patsy Mink. Mink won her 2002 House reelection campaign (handily) despite having died weeks earlier from pneumonia. Rep. Ed Case won a special election to replace her.

For each of the past three election cycles, state senators have died and then won reelection to their seats. In 2008, Pennsylvania state Sen. James Rhoades won reelection despite having died in a car crash. In 2010, Jenny Oropeza was elected to the state senate in California after her death from cancer. In 2012, Texas state Sen. Mario Gallegos won election after dying from liver disease.

Black Lives Matter is a creation of the Main Stream Media...which leans heavily to the left. Now their Frankenstein's monster has broken free and is rampaging through the streets...and they are fresh out of torches and pitchforks! :)

The BLM crowd may turn out to be liberal Democrats worst nightmare, TT...the cities with the most problems with cops shooting blacks are overwhelmingly run by liberals. So if BLM starts going after Mayors of those cities...they are going to be going after guys LIKE Rahm Emanuel.
It couldn't happen to a bunch of nicer people.

Shame really, the shepherds are being stomped by the sheep

Hey, that's what happens when you "empower" people and make them think they can get whatever they want if they take to the streets and bring a city to a standstill. The Main Stream Media thought "Mob rule" was great when it was Occupy Wall Street's...wonder what they think now?

Forum List

Back